Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Picked up my new Fanatic 12,6 board

Created by teatrea > 9 months ago, 26 Feb 2011
teatrea
QLD, 4177 posts
26 Feb 2011 2:39PM
Thumbs Up

Picked up my new Fanatic 12,6 red rockett today.Awesome looking board , unbelievably light and only had a short paddle today , but its fast.Thanks Jacko and AngieIll post some pics if any ones interested.Yeeeeew so stoked

angie pangi
QLD, 1779 posts
26 Feb 2011 3:59PM
Thumbs Up

Here are a few pics of my 12'6 Race board.

Gave it a great workout this morning and i only have 1 word for it "FAST"!

I also have got a 14ft downwind board, so i will take some pics of it soon.

Once i have had a few days on both boards i will post a review on both the 12'6 & 14.

I've been waiting for this day for months and i'm so happy with the boards and to be apart of a great company that is progressing everyday.

I expect big things to come from Fanatic in the next year.

Tea-Tree was very lucky to score the only other 12'6 that arrived. He is one happy puppy LOL.

XX angie jackson

DavidJohn
VIC, 17461 posts
26 Feb 2011 5:25PM
Thumbs Up

Love the new red colour.. It's the second fastest colour..

DJ

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
26 Feb 2011 8:45PM
Thumbs Up

angie let me have a little paddle on this sweet number. very light, very fast, very well balanced.good value for each stroke.it has edges up to just behind half way meaning it kick turns steady and on a dime and i reckon handling in the surf will be excellent, yet this edges don't affect arguably the fastest board around.

angie and teatrea, you two have a lot to live up to now

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
27 Feb 2011 2:01PM
Thumbs Up

The front of that board looks amazing....like it should be entered in a hot rod show or something.....bet it will desire lots of polishings

teatrea
QLD, 4177 posts
27 Feb 2011 5:35PM
Thumbs Up

laceys lane said...

angie let me have a little paddle on this sweet number. very light, very fast, very well balanced.good value for each stroke.it has edges up to just behind half way meaning it kick turns steady and on a dime and i reckon handling in the surf will be excellent, yet this edges don't affect arguably the fastest board around.

angie and teatrea, you two have a lot to live up to now

Lol i hope this board turns me into a good padddler , but someone said you have to train aswell , bummer.

akhawk
WA, 1085 posts
27 Feb 2011 3:45PM
Thumbs Up

Is that the same board that Andy paddled over here in WA in the Dr Race?

DavidJohn
VIC, 17461 posts
27 Feb 2011 6:48PM
Thumbs Up

Isn't that a 12'6" and didn't Andy paddle the new 14..

DJ

Shep
WA, 153 posts
27 Feb 2011 4:03PM
Thumbs Up

Pretty sure Andy was on the 12'6 for the Dr and the 14 for the Aussie Day paddle.

the 12'6 sprung a few leaks

tha dogman
NSW, 2912 posts
28 Feb 2011 10:27AM
Thumbs Up

wow that thing looks hot

red hot

angie pangi
QLD, 1779 posts
28 Feb 2011 3:17PM
Thumbs Up

Well had the 12'6 and 14 in our BOP training session this morning.

I highly recommend you give this 12'6 a go!! It is simply amazing. Nothing was close to it this morning.

Jacko is taking the 14ft out for a run now in about 20knots.

Xx angie

Ali Cat
QLD, 1205 posts
28 Feb 2011 3:22PM
Thumbs Up

Jumped on the 12'6" briefly at training this morning and it felt really good! One of the best, if not THE best 12'6" i've tried for both stability and speed. Teatrea certainly scored snapping up the only one available for purchase up here at this stage.

DavidJohn
VIC, 17461 posts
28 Feb 2011 4:25PM
Thumbs Up

RPS here in Melbourne just got two of these new red boards in. (12.6 and 14)

I might have to pop in and check them out.. They sure look good.

DJ

husq2100
QLD, 2031 posts
28 Feb 2011 5:24PM
Thumbs Up

the way that every new race board on this site is the fastest best ever, it wont be long before people are paddling at the speed of sound and pulling into 4 foot beach barrells...............

Zimbo Reagan
WA, 469 posts
28 Feb 2011 3:50PM
Thumbs Up

husq2100 said...

the way that every new race board on this site is the fastest best ever, it wont be long before people are paddling at the speed of sound and pulling into 4 foot beach barrells...............

haha was just thinking the same thing

Minkee
QLD, 225 posts
28 Feb 2011 6:21PM
Thumbs Up

Zimbo Reagan said...

husq2100 said...

It's already happening in Qld mate... You're too late

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
28 Feb 2011 7:25PM
Thumbs Up

i had a go in the creek mouth on the 14' er as well. lots of volume up there in the front. a few waves and runners told me enough. steady as a rock- step back a foot,no work needed- so easy. then the front 'wants' to pierce the bump in front.
this is a down wind board with the wide point centre extending back that one foot and a really nice plane line back into the tail, a nice over all rocker too. it appears to have a reasonably good show of speed in the flats. however the big volume up the front could be a handful with side wind, but for me i'll be using it in the good stuff.

the fanatic crew are turning out some very high level designs and have raised the bar imo.

btw, the 14' er is the big downwinder board i've been looking for so i grabbed it. later this week is looking good for a run
cheers

ps

rps
VIC, 605 posts
28 Feb 2011 10:18PM
Thumbs Up

Yep!

my 12'6" and 14' turned up today. Funny thing is, I paddled my current Fanatic 12'6" this morning and was reminding myself how much I love this board and how much pleasure it has provided me during the past 6 months......

Well, that was until this evening when I put the new 12'6" through it's initial paces and quite simply, I was dazzled by it's performance. I paddled in what was typically uninspiring conditions. Overcast, drab, 10 knots onshore with a residual 18 knot, side-shore Port Phillip bump. Crap really. But the red rocket handled the session like a hot knife through butter. I'll be putting a review of it on our website after a few more sessions.

Now, I wonder how the 14 goes!

PTWoody
VIC, 3982 posts
28 Feb 2011 10:31PM
Thumbs Up

So when are you launching the 14 Warwick?

Teeps
VIC, 228 posts
28 Feb 2011 11:19PM
Thumbs Up

Great looking board! Can you get it with flames painted on it!? Can't wait to see the 14'.

teatrea
QLD, 4177 posts
28 Feb 2011 10:44PM
Thumbs Up

Ali Cat said...

Jumped on the 12'6" briefly at training this morning and it felt really good! One of the best, if not THE best 12'6" i've tried for both stability and speed. Teatrea certainly scored snapping up the only one available for purchase up here at this stage.

Sure didIt will kill you good paddlers to see me struggling away at the rear of the field on such a good board Lol.My Dad always told me if you cant play like a good footballer son , pull your socks up you should at least look like one

DavidJohn
VIC, 17461 posts
1 Mar 2011 4:23PM
Thumbs Up

I took some pics of the new 12'6" and 14'er today.

They're very different boards.. and even the 12'6" is very different to the older (wider) 12'6".

DJ

Swanie
QLD, 1372 posts
1 Mar 2011 4:29PM
Thumbs Up

They have nailed it with the colour. That alone must make it fast

Teatree, I have a super fast 14' Naish Glide - Want to swap

teatrea
QLD, 4177 posts
1 Mar 2011 5:02PM
Thumbs Up

Swanie said...

They have nailed it with the colour. That alone must make it fast

Teatree, I have a super fast 14' Naish Glide - Want to swap

Thanks for the offer Swanie but ill have to , regretfully decline

DavidJohn
VIC, 17461 posts
2 Mar 2011 1:10AM
Thumbs Up

More pics of these cool new boards.

DJ

rahams
NSW, 544 posts
2 Mar 2011 9:16AM
Thumbs Up

took the 14 for a downwinder from broken to lennox yesterday
the board felt great super stable and really quick!!!
very happy!

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
2 Mar 2011 6:56AM
Thumbs Up

WOW, imo they would have to be the best looking boards EVERY posted on this site.

goatman
NSW, 2151 posts
2 Mar 2011 11:38AM
Thumbs Up

Beautiful board Teatree - I am VERY jealous.

Great shots DJ - I think you missed your calling as a SUP magazine editor.

teatrea
QLD, 4177 posts
2 Mar 2011 4:04PM
Thumbs Up

Went for my second run last night , just catching the wind swell coming through Currumbin Ck mouth.Picked up the small bumps with ease , some i could paddle from one swell over to the wave in front ect ect.First time in some chop and its super stable and im not that light. Had to paddle up wind quite a few times and i found this relatively easy compared to my 17ftert.The nose slices through chop and comes up without the board yawing.

Being so light i do have to be carefull with it , ive been told.So ill wait too its a bit older before i take it out in some real surf.

Al Hunter
NSW, 367 posts
2 Mar 2011 5:09PM
Thumbs Up

rahams said...

took the 14 for a downwinder from broken to lennox yesterday
the board felt great super stable and really quick!!!
very happy!

I was there too and I can confirm... He looked very happy!!
I had a go for some kms and I must admit it goes pretty well.
But to me, the best thing about this board is that it will suit the recreational paddlers as well as the really good paddlers. Not so many boards on the market can claim that.

redmanxboy
SA, 7 posts
2 Mar 2011 7:35PM
Thumbs Up

I picked up my new 14 yesterday, it is very stable and drops into the trough in front when required, moving back allows the nose to pop up nicely.
It is quite light and feels as stable as the old 12'6, but faster

The colours rock and it will certianly stand out from others boards in the water or on the beach.

I love it

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Picked up my new Fanatic 12,6 board" started by teatrea