Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Starboard 10'5 x 32 Wide Point

Created by JonathanC > 9 months ago, 30 Nov 2010
JonathanC
VIC, 1021 posts
30 Nov 2010 10:26AM
Thumbs Up

Just got this baby, thinking it was going to mainly for the kids/friends to use, but....

DavidJohn
VIC, 17460 posts
30 Nov 2010 10:52AM
Thumbs Up

That can't be a Starboard.. It's got a pointy nose..

DJ

scotty100
QLD, 233 posts
30 Nov 2010 10:06AM
Thumbs Up

hows it go , please tell

hilly
WA, 7323 posts
30 Nov 2010 9:10AM
Thumbs Up

DavidJohn said...

DJ

They are really improving their shapes Looks good

surfanimal
NSW, 1643 posts
30 Nov 2010 12:29PM
Thumbs Up

I got this board in TAC Wood but it went back as there was freight damage.

It was fast and stable as I did ride it once before sending it back.

I couldn't get another so got the Big Easy 12 x 32 Cruiser in this finish and I'm totally impressed with it - great grip, easy on the eye and feels super strong and durable.

Would recomend over Technora and TAC every time.

rps
VIC, 605 posts
30 Nov 2010 4:46PM
Thumbs Up

Hey All,
I'll have both the 8'10" and the 10'5" Wide Points for demo at the GMP on Sunday!

Jonathon, I surfed the 8'10" at Merimbula and it could be re-named the "Hero".

The 10'5" should be perfect for those lazy summer Sandy Point days!

Greenroom
WA, 7608 posts
1 Dec 2010 10:11AM
Thumbs Up

hilly said...

DavidJohn said...

DJ

They are really improving their shapes Looks good

They have gone from being sick to sicker

AkeG
132 posts
2 Dec 2010 8:07AM
Thumbs Up

Jonathan have you gotten it wet yet? I've got one on the way should be in next week would like to hear how it works for you....

JonathanC
VIC, 1021 posts
2 Dec 2010 11:33AM
Thumbs Up

Not yet Ake, but hopefully this weekend. Will report back after the first surf

AndrewA
4 posts
2 Dec 2010 10:29AM
Thumbs Up

JonathanC said...

Not yet Ake, but hopefully this weekend. Will report back after the first surf

Yes please do! Never been a fan of SB but looks like that may change!

high as a kite
SA, 1312 posts
2 Dec 2010 10:24PM
Thumbs Up

What were they thinking by putting the size on the rail

SammyJ
WA, 570 posts
5 Dec 2010 1:07PM
Thumbs Up

Has starboard changed the construction at all if so can an informed person explain what they have done please.
I like some of there shapes this year but in the past the construction has been so woeful I cringe when I hear people have brought one, even worse when I see them in solid waves.

Also to any of the guy's that have tried the 8'10 wide point, does it have any glide at all I'm looking for a board I can ride in the waves as a heavy weight and one for the Mrs to just paddle around the bay on occasionally as a light weight. Can't find much info on it but I think I did read somewhere it was 150L

AkeG
132 posts
9 Dec 2010 12:43AM
Thumbs Up

I've found my AST construction Starboard Whopper to be extremely rugged and durable in all sorts of difficult up to overhead conditions.I have surfed this board very hard...mostly late drop beach break, banging it with my paddle, rocks and various parts of my 6'3'' around 220 lbs body it still looks almost factory fresh with no pressure dents, cracks or crazing and just a couple small rail dings. Granted, this is just after one year and not in the consistently big surf you guys see.

SammyJ said...

Has starboard changed the construction at all if so can an informed person explain what they have done please.
I like some of there shapes this year but in the past the construction has been so woeful I cringe when I hear people have brought one, even worse when I see them in solid waves.

Also to any of the guy's that have tried the 8'10 wide point, does it have any glide at all I'm looking for a board I can ride in the waves as a heavy weight and one for the Mrs to just paddle around the bay on occasionally as a light weight. Can't find much info on it but I think I did read somewhere it was 150L

AkeG
132 posts
9 Dec 2010 12:46AM
Thumbs Up

Jonathan, just picked up my 10'5" wide point! I'll post a review once I get it wet.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Starboard 10'5 x 32 Wide Point" started by JonathanC