Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

11'6" Naish SUP WITH VIEWING WINDOW

Created by SMITSAR > 9 months ago, 6 Jan 2014
SMITSAR
3 posts
6 Jan 2014 6:07PM
Thumbs Up

Hi all. A board as described below has come up for sale in my area. Are they a good board???

Complete set up with fins strap bag and paddle. Rarely used. Will be taking it out for a test run soon.

Naish Nalu 11'6 ( Limited Edition - Window )

The Naish Nalu 11'6 with the Limited Edition Window (with extra large looking glass window) is an amayzing SUP board designed for for those who want to explore both above and below the water surface. Also a great family board as the kids will love checking out the fish and coral below. It doesn't matter if the water surface is clear, as the extra large window makes it very easy to see everything below. The Naish Nalu window is recessed and boardered by a EVA splash guard.

The Naish Nalu 11'6 offers excellent glide and tracking, thus allowing this board to easily cover a lot of distance. The added rocker line additionally adds the control needed from everything from flatwater paddling to ocean swell. Don't miss out on the limited edition model as quantities available are limited. .

The Nalu 5 1/2??thick with full rounded rails and a timeless longboard rocker line. This design provides amazing stability for a phenomenally wide range of use. The 11??f6???? performance characteristics makes it the perfect one-board choice for the whole family.

Ideal for riders up to 250 lb (114 kg)

The Naish Nalu Limited Edition Window design is constructed in the high quality AST sandwich construction.

KEY FEATURES:
- Large Plexi Glass view window
- High Boardered EVA around window area
- premium diamond 3/4 EVA traction pad
- US finbox -10.5 Fin

DIMENSIONS:
Length: 11'6
Width 29 3/4"
Thickness 5 1/2"
Volume 231L

PTWoody
VIC, 3982 posts
6 Jan 2014 9:53PM
Thumbs Up

The Naish 11'6 Nalu is a bit of a dated design now I guess but I think everyone who has been paddling for a few years has a soft spot in their hearts for this board. It was my first board as it was for many others. I had a timber deck rather than the window, and I don't know how that changes the weight and overall nature of the board, or whether the window works very well. Nevertheless, the shape itself is a classic. It glides pretty well on flat water and you can catch waves on it. There's enough buoyancy to float half a family.

There are certainly better new boards around for every purpose and I could list off quite a few in the Starboard range that I would point you towards . But if you are being offered a great deal on this one, by all means, give it a test drive.

JB Mel
QLD, 297 posts
7 Jan 2014 6:27AM
Thumbs Up

We have 2 of these boards which we bought 5 years ago. One of them is now a collectors item as the QLD/Naish team raced it in the team relay (then signed it after they won) at the Merimbula Classic.

They are very buoyant and we often sit kids on the board with us so they can observe the view. The view is even better if you put your face right down near the window (but this does result in bums up in the air LOL!). Downside with this model is that it is quite thick and a bit on the heavy side compared to newer boards.

Great fun, very stable.

antonfourie
NSW, 140 posts
7 Jan 2014 2:51PM
Thumbs Up

Nice is that so that you can see the sharks below you ........

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"11'6" Naish SUP WITH VIEWING WINDOW" started by SMITSAR