Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

12'6" JM Surftech

Created by OceanAddicts > 9 months ago, 18 Jan 2012
OceanAddicts
QLD, 355 posts
Site Sponsor
18 Jan 2012 7:35AM
Thumbs Up

JT just bought himself a really good looking 12'6" JM Surftech!! Check it out...

JonesySUP
QLD, 872 posts
18 Jan 2012 9:46AM
Thumbs Up

Welldone JT, Board looks FAST!!!!!!!!
Lets get the O&A boys and go for a DW'der

HerbertVoigt
QLD, 155 posts
19 Jan 2012 1:04PM
Thumbs Up

HI OA

I agree these boards look great. Any chance to get an idea what they tip the scales at?

Cheers
HV

stuied
VIC, 17 posts
19 Jan 2012 5:14PM
Thumbs Up

What is the RRP $$$$$$

husq2100
QLD, 2031 posts
19 Jan 2012 4:30PM
Thumbs Up

definitely not as light as a Fanatic, or a custom DEEP etc, but not stupid heavy either. Very, VERY user freindly board especially in and out of the surf. I found it heaps better in the surf than my mates current Naish 12.6 and almost as good as my DEEP. I dont do flat water paddling so cant comment on that, but I did spend the last 3 months of 2011 surfing my 12.6 so had a good feel for what it could do. The JM was not to far off and I tried it in ****y conditions 2-3foot...

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
19 Jan 2012 7:57PM
Thumbs Up

stuied said...

What is the RRP $$$$$$

Very roughly two large ones. It's light, with carbon. It's their "Pro Elite" construction.

http://sup.surftech.com/boards/jamie-mitchell/

PTSUP
QLD, 218 posts
19 Jan 2012 8:40PM
Thumbs Up

Ready for a lap around The Lake Kawana JT? I've got the NSP 12'6 straight out of the container , We'll have to get a few training arvos in before that Gold Coast race on the 28th,
Cheers,
PT

Swanie
QLD, 1372 posts
20 Jan 2012 8:49AM
Thumbs Up

PTSUP said...

Ready for a lap around The Lake Kawana JT? I've got the NSP 12'6 straight out of the container , We'll have to get a few training arvos in before that Gold Coast race on the 28th,
Cheers,
PT

Where were you this morning PT

RJK
QLD, 622 posts
20 Jan 2012 9:30AM
Thumbs Up

He was out surfing with the big boys this morning swanie, where did you guys dissapear to?

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
20 Jan 2012 11:29AM
Thumbs Up

Here's more pics of the Jamie 12'6 & 14. From DJ.

www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Stand-Up-Paddle/SUP/Jamie-Mitchell-should-be-proud/?SearchTerms=jamie,mitchell

DavidJohn
VIC, 17434 posts
20 Jan 2012 11:59AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Simon.. Lots more pics there.. and this vid that I did a few weeks ago.

DJ

Healdy
QLD, 57 posts
20 Jan 2012 7:47PM
Thumbs Up

Caught a few waves on JT's JM this morning and it was a great board. It's stable turns ok for the size, had that much fun on one wave I stepped of the back of the board.
Can't wait to try on the flat or downwind, MMMM i'm tempted.

SHQ
VIC, 322 posts
Site Sponsor
20 Jan 2012 10:50PM
Thumbs Up

For any Vicco crew, SHQ has a demo JM Surftech 12'6'' to try. Welcome to take it for up to 2 days demo, for anyone who wants to take it down the coast for a run...
It's very fast and turns on a dime!

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
20 Jan 2012 9:57PM
Thumbs Up

having tried this board i would use it for sure in aussie midday bop races ie onshore.

being on the goldie i could get a jm custom version instead, but i think this board is terrific for that style of racing
cheers

rodriguez
VIC, 883 posts
21 Jan 2012 1:37PM
Thumbs Up

Luke gave me a turn on the 12-6 yesterday,very impressive,quick, super stable, and i love the carry strap that lays on top of the hand hold,i dont know what she weighs but i didnt find it too heavy.

SHQ said...

For any Vicco crew, SHQ has a demo JM Surftech 12'6'' to try. Welcome to take it for up to 2 days demo, for anyone who wants to take it down the coast for a run...
It's very fast and turns on a dime!

jt737
QLD, 418 posts
22 Jan 2012 5:23PM
Thumbs Up

Am loving my new JM 12.6'. Thanks to OceanAddicts for organizing, took a little longer than I thought to have delivered, but was because it's not consigned to a big company but hand delivered which meant NO damage!
It's very stable, not too heavy and catches runners well. For my ability it's great and I know I'll improve. The last two downwinders have been just fun!
The centre strap is a plus, allowing for easy carrying and getting back onto the board. Deck grip is comfy, it can chip on the top where there is a small lip proud of the deck grip, this must have been from a paddleshaft when getting back on. Pivot turning should be a lot more stable due the high tail with more volume.

husq2100
QLD, 2031 posts
22 Jan 2012 5:37PM
Thumbs Up

as far as the chipping on the top, ive done this to mine when changing the paddle from one side to the other and not lifting it high enough...its only millimeters that make the difference. The human body is a very effiecnt thing and tends to do the minimum required so when going from a surf sup that sits 2 inches lower in the water to a 12.6 it is old habbit that comes into play....just a thought

KNXSUP
WA, 88 posts
27 Jan 2012 4:28PM
Thumbs Up

Where can I buy one of these JM 12'6 Latitude from?
I got a 12'6 Coreban and 12'6 Hobie E Series, just one more board and I'll be sweet. Or should I get the 14"?

ScarbsSUP
WA, 354 posts
Site Sponsor
27 Jan 2012 6:49PM
Thumbs Up

Hi KNXSUP,

We have an order in for the JM boards in both sizes, just waiting for the next container to arrive.

DM

Gassa
QLD, 272 posts
27 Jan 2012 8:51PM
Thumbs Up

KNXSUP said...

Where can I buy one of these JM 12'6 Latitude from?
I got a 12'6 Coreban and 12'6 Hobie E Series, just one more board and I'll be sweet. Or should I get the 14"?

SHQ
VIC, 322 posts
Site Sponsor
28 Jan 2012 10:57PM
Thumbs Up

Hi KNXSUP, we have the new 12'6'' JM Surftech in stock.

Luke

KP.
NSW, 106 posts
29 Jan 2012 7:57AM
Thumbs Up

In regards to the weight of the jamie 12'6 lat on dig scales it comes in 12.6 kilos. yep 12'6" @ 12.6kgs. I will make note that the pro elite finish that the board is constructed is a step up on anything else on the market.
Fused Waterproof core plus all the other benefits of tuflite but then wrap the whole board in carbon. Not bad as far as i am concerned. It really surprises me that all these other sup manufactures out there choose not to do the waterproof core or attempt to even get the construction as good as what surftech do. I am just stinging to get my hands on the 14 nav. Booyah.

n8wx
NSW, 253 posts
4 Feb 2012 9:54PM
Thumbs Up

Just bought this board today (12'6”) and couldn't be happier 1st race board and it felt great, very stable, caught any little runner, was just a pleasure to paddle on and it's just dam sexy!!! Think it will be and awesome DW board as well as race and BOP style.

Also got a QB Elite paddle & my 1st GoPro. The guys at Cronulla Standup Paddleboard School were awesome...

I'm not sure if I want to stick the GoPro surfboard mounts on this baby yet or if it's even safe to put the FCS insert in the front due to the construction of this board... Any advise here? Cheers.

DavidJohn
VIC, 17434 posts
4 Feb 2012 10:09PM
Thumbs Up

n8wx said...

Just bought this board today (12'6”) and couldn't be happier 1st race board and it felt great, very stable, caught any little runner, was just a pleasure to paddle on and it's just dam sexy!!! Think it will be and awesome DW board as well as race and BOP style.

Also got a QB Elite paddle & my 1st GoPro. The guys at Cronulla Standup Paddleboard School were awesome...

I'm not sure if I want to stick the GoPro surfboard mounts on this baby yet or if it's even safe to put the FCS insert in the front due to the construction of this board... Any advise here? Cheers.

I think use the square black plastic mount that it comes mounted on in the box and duct tape it onto the deck/nose of your board.. As long as you're not in big surf it will be fine.

DJ

n8wx
NSW, 253 posts
4 Feb 2012 10:27PM
Thumbs Up

Nice1 DJ wasn't quite sure how to ducktape it on... ta

TheChameleon
VIC, 2 posts
4 Feb 2012 10:41PM
Thumbs Up

New to racing why did you choose the QB over other brands? Is it a flat blade or does it have a dyhedral? What other paddles did you try before you made your decision?

TC

n8wx said...

n8wx
NSW, 253 posts
4 Feb 2012 10:47PM
Thumbs Up

I heard they were the best I did try 1 but I don't know how to tell with paddles. I still haven't used it will tomorrow...

TheChameleon said...

New to racing why did you choose the QB over other brands? Is it a flat blade or does it have a dyhedral? What other paddles did you try before you made your decision?

TC

n8wx said...

n8wx
NSW, 253 posts
4 Feb 2012 10:51PM
Thumbs Up

This 1 www.quickbladepaddles.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=38

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"12'6" JM Surftech" started by OceanAddicts