Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

2009 Naish SUP Range

Created by JB > 9 months ago, 28 Jun 2008
JB
NSW, 2232 posts
Site Sponsor
28 Jun 2008 8:06AM
Thumbs Up

Well, it only a sheet I just made, but I hope it wil show the Naish range, and help explain were each board fits.

regards,

JB

DavidJohn
VIC, 17462 posts
28 Jun 2008 9:46AM
Thumbs Up

Wow JB..That's a great range..It looks like Naish have it covered for every angle on the sport.

Did you take any pics while you were in Hawaii..Did you meet up with Robby?

Thanks for posting that list..and I hope your wife is feeling better soon.

I also look forward to catching up with you when you make it down to sunny Melbourne..

DJ

champcrow
SA, 804 posts
28 Jun 2008 3:56PM
Thumbs Up

Very nice JB, I just woke up after doing a night shift feeling like i've had a big night out with the boy's but without all the fun (and booze) and seeing this new range is the best hang over cure

Oh yeah by the way i'll have one of each please

fester
WA, 349 posts
28 Jun 2008 2:39PM
Thumbs Up

check out SOS Surf Company in Perth they have some good pic,s of boards & new paddles

Fester

Ben dover
QLD, 504 posts
28 Jun 2008 4:56PM
Thumbs Up

Hey JB

Just wondering if u know how many litres are in the 9'3" and 9'6"?

teatrea
QLD, 4177 posts
28 Jun 2008 5:34PM
Thumbs Up

i know what santa will be bringing me this x.mas.

Ben dover
QLD, 504 posts
28 Jun 2008 5:40PM
Thumbs Up

teatrea said...

i know what santa will be bringing me this x.mas.

A 9'6"?

teatrea
QLD, 4177 posts
28 Jun 2008 6:14PM
Thumbs Up

yeah and if im really good a 12ft glide for racing and crusing.I was out at the alley thismorning and i was thinking how good it would be to be able to do some tight turns and reo of the lip.Yeah 9.6 looks awesome.But im also considering PSH theirs a guy in currumbin who,s selling them and a nephew of mine has had a demo and he reckons their sweet.

SF
NSW, 161 posts
28 Jun 2008 6:57PM
Thumbs Up

Sam had a production 9'6" at Wind Surf n Snow last time I was there. If anything they look better than last years models. Made me wish I was 20kg lighter. I think the 11'4" is more my size. I would be keen to see how it surfs alongside my 11'6".

Steve

Scotty Mac
SA, 2055 posts
29 Jun 2008 12:44AM
Thumbs Up

JB,
What's the width of the 9'3"?

Brooko
1672 posts
29 Jun 2008 1:30PM
Thumbs Up

Ben dover said...

Hey JB

Just wondering if u know how many litres are in the 9'3" and 9'6"?

About a six pack of coopers Would love to get a go on that 9 3" , wonder if it would float my 6ft 100kg frame?

Scotty Mac
SA, 2055 posts
29 Jun 2008 6:16PM
Thumbs Up

Yep, coopers and pizza and I am 90kg.

Brooko
1672 posts
29 Jun 2008 6:02PM
Thumbs Up

mmm did someone say pizza

Scotty Mac
SA, 2055 posts
29 Jun 2008 9:54PM
Thumbs Up

Hey,
How do you think the naish glide would go in a choppy downwinder compared to a normal board?

JB
NSW, 2232 posts
Site Sponsor
30 Jun 2008 9:49AM
Thumbs Up

OK, I'll try to answer all the Q's.

The 9'6" is 29.25" wide. I don't know the actual litre, but I would imagine it is about 130-ish, and the 9'3 is 29.75" wide, and would imagine it at about 120-125ish. I am 95 kg and can paddle the 9'6" with ease, even in choppy windy conditions. It weird with the small boards, as you nearly start getting more stable the more you go under water, but you definitely go slower. 100kg with some experience will work on the 9'6", probably pushing it on the 9'3". The 9'3" has significantly less volume in the tail, which is why it surf's so well, but will feel pretty unstable as the tail will sink easily.

The Glide is awesome. It is designed to be easy to use, however in very choppy condition a beginner will find they will catch the nose and broach. But compared to say the 11'6", it is noticeable faster but not quite as easy.

Yes I'm in for Pizza.

I know you all expect me to say this, but please try the 9'6" before you go out and purchase any short board SUP. It is a benchmark for performance. The decision will be easy after just one ride.

New toys always make me feel better. Our first shipment is arriving late this week, early next week, and is totally sold out, so get in touch with your local dealer to see if they have ordered a board in this first shipment. Next shipment will be here August.

DJ, Yes had many a beer with Robby, he attend each day of the importer meet, and comes sailing and kiting with us. I have some cool picture of him and I at his beast of a truck.

I will be organising my Melbourne trip sometime this week, so I will hopefully have up my itinery soon.

Regards,

JB

Scotty Mac
SA, 2055 posts
30 Jun 2008 10:39AM
Thumbs Up

JB,
I am riding a 9'6" PSH so if you want, send a 9'6" or a 9'3" demo down to the onboard guys one day and I will give the forum my honest opinion. If its as good as you say Id buy one but we can see?
Regards,
Scott

JB
NSW, 2232 posts
Site Sponsor
30 Jun 2008 11:47AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Scotty,

Unfortunately all the 9'6"'s are sold out of this first order because everyone that tries one, buys one. Bruce Raymond (founding executive of QUIKSILVER) has had a quiver of PSH boards, and I let him borrow my 9'6" the other week, and he said, "I can't ride my other shortboards (PSH) now, and will have to sell them. Put me down for a 9'6" ASAP", now thats a pretty good review from someone who knows boards. This is generally what happens when people try this board. I will have my personal one and a demo one with me on my trip to S.A. in two weeks. So if you are able to get out for a paddle on the Tues, Wed, or Thurs, we should try and hook up. I will let you know my sceduel as I get it confirmed.

regards,

JB

Scotty Mac
SA, 2055 posts
30 Jun 2008 12:13PM
Thumbs Up

JB,
I am on afternoon shift for this month so if its during the day, I will take you up on up on your offer. Thanks.
I don't know what you meant by he cant ride them anymore? Has he put on weight?
Regard,
Scott

JB
NSW, 2232 posts
Site Sponsor
30 Jun 2008 1:00PM
Thumbs Up

No no, after riding the 9'6", riding anything else just doesn't seem to work. The Naish 9'6" will change the way you see SHORT BOARD SUP.

I will organize a morning session with you for sure.

JB

SF
NSW, 161 posts
30 Jun 2008 2:42PM
Thumbs Up

Hi JB,
I am thinking of upgrading my 11'6" Naish to the 11'4". I am a 100kg intermediate, I couldn't paddle the Starboard 9' but surfed the 9'8" and loved it. I have paddled the Naish 10'6" but found it too tippy. I spend most of my time in the surf and am looking for a board that will help me progress my surfing without being too challenging. Is the 11'4" going to be a big enough step to be worth the change.

Steve

PS. Are you in Sydney at the moment, I hope you are getting some of the waves. I surfed both days on the weekend. Anyone who says the 11'6" cannot surf either hasn't tried it or hasn't changed the fin over to a surf fin.

JB
NSW, 2232 posts
Site Sponsor
1 Jul 2008 9:44AM
Thumbs Up

Hi SF,

The 11'6" kills it in the surf for it's size! But the 11'4" is a significant performance upgrade. It surfs faster, looser, and is way more drivey than 11'6". At your weight, you will love the 11'4", it is nearly as stable as the 11'6", but much more surf performance. If you are in Sydney, you should hook up with Wind Surf 'n' Snow, I will let them borrow my 11'4" for a day if you want to try it.

Regards,

JB

DavidJohn
VIC, 17462 posts
1 Jul 2008 10:10AM
Thumbs Up

I can't wait to get my new 11'4" Naish..

It will be good competition for the Starboard 11'2"..(Ultumate Blend)..and should be a great allrounder for most people..

It sure looks nice in this pic..Gotta love that thin tail..

DJ

Brooko
1672 posts
1 Jul 2008 8:38AM
Thumbs Up

Hey jb, are you going to be coming through Portland vic ? i love the look of the 9 6 " and think this is probably the board for me. I have an 11 6" south point which i love, but have quickly out grown in the surf. I have only had it a few months but would class myself as pretty advanced in the surf as i have had the 11 6" out in sizey solid surf heaps and love it for trimming and drawn out turns, but now want something i can surf more like my normal surfboards, i have a knee injury at the moment but should be able to get back out there in 2 to 3 weeks, and roughly how much will it be. thanks Brook.

JB
NSW, 2232 posts
Site Sponsor
1 Jul 2008 10:57AM
Thumbs Up

Hey Brooko,

I will most likely be passing through or near Portland on my way through. I am not sure who your nearest dealer would be but you should get in touch with them and order a 9'6", they are selling out very quickly. the first shipment is already sold, and we are selling into the second very fast. I will have my board and a demo with me, so time permitting, we can hook up for a wave.

RRP is $1849.00 for 9'6" quad fish including deck grip and bag.

Regards,

JB

Gorgo
VIC, 4982 posts
1 Jul 2008 10:58AM
Thumbs Up

I don't like the aesthetics of the Naish range. The Glide looks nice and clean.

I don't like the look of the wood deck and the tribal stripey-tatt thing looks like Robby ran over it in his truck.

I'm more of a solid colours, stripes and pin-lining kind of guy.

SF
NSW, 161 posts
1 Jul 2008 11:21AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks JB I would like to try the 11'4". I am on the Central Coast but I can come down for the day, I bought my 11'6" from Sam at Wind Surf 'n' Snow. This weekend looks possible. Should I organise it through Sam or contact you direct?

Steve

WINDSURFnSNOW
NSW, 1612 posts
Site Sponsor
1 Jul 2008 12:51PM
Thumbs Up

HI Steve,

Will grab the 11'4" from JB by Friday if you want to take it for a spin this weekend.

Just let me know when you're planning on being here and I'll head out for a paddle with you.

Regards,

Sam.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"2009 Naish SUP Range" started by JB