Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

2012 Model 10' Naish Mana in some waves (Images).

Created by surfanimal > 9 months ago, 7 Oct 2011
surfanimal
NSW, 1637 posts
7 Oct 2011 8:29PM
Thumbs Up

Take Two - let's keep it nice !

Got out on the 10' Naish Mana today and grabbed these images on the GoPro.

Was mushy and dredging a little too much for my liking, there was some punchy waves to drop into though - took me 15 minutes to get back over the bar at one stage - but you don't let it beat ya' huh ?

Hope you like.....the Mana is such a great all round board.

Scotty88
4214 posts
7 Oct 2011 6:17PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Chris,

Nice shots. I've had my eye on the Mana for a while now - saving my pennies.
Do you find it easy to turn ?
Also do you find it stable when paddling out ?

Cheers Scotty

surfanimal
NSW, 1637 posts
8 Oct 2011 12:32PM
Thumbs Up

Scotty88 said...

Hey Chris,

Cheers Scotty

Hey Scotty,

Thanks. Was fun....albeit copped a thrashing too.

The Mana turns well, I'm not a huge fan of the big square tail, the rounded pin on the Whopper feels a little more pivot friendly.

Paddling out is fine on the Mana - it's 32 wide....no drama's there at all.

camharvey
NSW, 192 posts
8 Oct 2011 3:27PM
Thumbs Up

i've had my mana for a few weeks and all round a top board... feels a little slow in some spots on the wave - but that also could be the pilot!!
how many boards do you have mate??

Scotty I surf maroubra a fair bit on mine so if you see me and you can ride it...

Scotty88
4214 posts
8 Oct 2011 2:03PM
Thumbs Up

camharvey said...

i've had my mana for a few weeks and all round a top board... feels a little slow in some spots on the wave - but that also could be the pilot!!
how many boards do you have mate??

Scotty I surf maroubra a fair bit on mine so if you see me and you can ride it...

Hey Cam,

Welcome to Seabreeze mate. How often do you surf at Maroubra ? I would love a try on the Mana for sure. I have been told they can be a touch slow on the turns due to the square tail.
Supanimal has more boards then I've had baked dinners.

Cheers Scotty

Scotty88
4214 posts
8 Oct 2011 2:08PM
Thumbs Up

supanimal said...

Scotty88 said...

Hey Chris,

Cheers Scotty

Hey Scotty,

Thanks. Was fun....albeit copped a thrashing too.

The Mana turns well, I'm not a huge fan of the big square tail, the rounded pin on the Whopper feels a little more pivot friendly.

Paddling out is fine on the Mana - it's 32 wide....no drama's there at all.

Let me know when the mana is heading to the buy & sell. I might be interested.
How many times you used the Mana ?
Do you have a preference on the mana vs the whopper yet ?

camharvey
NSW, 192 posts
8 Oct 2011 6:25PM
Thumbs Up

i don't surf there enough at the moment.
got a few lefts down South Maroubra corner this morning, the rip was firing so that was slowing my board speed a bit. Surfed with Todd a few times, each time I see him he has a new board as well....
might be out there in the morning, or definately a few arvos during this week...

DavidJohn
VIC, 17452 posts
8 Oct 2011 6:27PM
Thumbs Up

Do you have a preference on the mana vs the whopper yet ?

I love my 10' Mana but it felt as wide as a door out at Big Left yesterday on a few good sized waves and it 32" wide and super stable.. The Whopper is even wider at 34" and that's a lot wider.. I've paddled both and the Whopper is even more stable than the Mana but it felt very flat through the nose but does have a nice rounded pin tail to help turn it.. So IMO it depends if you need all that width for stability because if you don't I'm thinking the narrower board with more rocker should give better surfing performance.

DJ

surfanimal
NSW, 1637 posts
8 Oct 2011 7:32PM
Thumbs Up

I've got 5 boards with a new 17' Naish Glide arriving on the 17th October - yahoo !

Whopper V Mana.

If I'm surfing the beach breaks around me, I'll usually go for the Whopper as it's more stable and allows me to 'surf' rather than fight wave refraction, chop, ruffled surface conditions etc, you can just get out there and do it.

If I'm surfing quality waves, glassy conditions, point breaks etc, the Mana is the 'go to' board as it is definately more performance orientated than the Whopper even with the square tail.....rails more parallel, hard edged and without the big nose area of the Whopper.

I can compare it to driving a car by saying I'd go for comfort in traffic (Whopper in less ideal conditions) and a 6 speed performance vehicle on the open road where you lose comfort but appreciate the added performance (Mana in good surf).

I have them both as I surf both conditions and to have the choice is good.

billboard
QLD, 2816 posts
8 Oct 2011 7:49PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Chris - will be interesting in a months time to throw the new starby 9.5 x 32 in the mix with those two - I think I know the result but will be interesting to compare your thoughts to mine when we've tested it.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"2012 Model 10' Naish Mana in some waves (Images)." started by surfanimal