Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

3 of the Star-board 2011 Range.

Created by surfanimal > 9 months ago, 9 Nov 2010
surfanimal
NSW, 1643 posts
9 Nov 2010 8:31PM
Thumbs Up

Just wanted to share some pictures of three of the 2011 Star-board range that I've been riding this past week.

....and NO, I'm not a Star-board pimp - just giving some feedback for them.

Firstly the 12 x 32 Big Easy in AST silver....excellent finish, much better than the Naish AST Finish, gloss rails, semi gloss bottom and excellent looks and grip.

Second is the TAC Wood 10'5 x 32 Wide Point which is a new design to the range and third is the 12'6 x 31 Free Race.

The AST Silver is outstanding value and I'd highly recomend it for every day use.

The TAC Wood is a gimmick IMO and I've seen a friend's 7'10 which is literally falling to pieces with wood cracks and peeling finish coat.

The Free Race BOP style board is a nice wide easy paddler that is efficient but compared to 'race' boards such as Coreban's Alpha, the Fanatic 'Fly Race' or Naish's Catalina it's a little behind the mark in finish (rough AST / easy paint removal / chips) and feel although comfortable on the water, stable, good grip & handle and on the eye.

Thought I'd share given that picture's of all 3 are rare online.

PTWoody
VIC, 3982 posts
9 Nov 2010 8:39PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for posting the pics. Did you buy all of them or have you scammed demos? It would be good to see a time trial test of the Free Race against the Fanatic Fly. I paddled 8km with Warwick from RPS today; he was on the Fanatic and I was on the New. That Fanatic is a fast board. It certainly had a better engine on this morning's evidence.

surfanimal
NSW, 1643 posts
9 Nov 2010 8:51PM
Thumbs Up

PTWoody said...

Thanks for posting the pics. Did you buy all of them or have you scammed demos? It would be good to see a time trial test of the Free Race against the Fanatic Fly. I paddled 8km with Warwick from RPS today; he was on the Fanatic and I was on the New. That Fanatic is a fast board. It certainly had a better engine on this morning's evidence.

Hey bro,

The Fanatic is faster than the Free Race BUT the Free Race a more comfortable ride and having the slightly raised rails are really cool as feet supports too.

I'd say a serious racer of a bigger build should go the Fanatic but a more casual approach like myself better suited to the Star-board.

I'm just doing some R&D for my stockist.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
9 Nov 2010 8:33PM
Thumbs Up

have you been on the coreban what's it like
cheers

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"3 of the Star-board 2011 Range." started by surfanimal