Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

7.0 * 25.5" * 4.5" Californian SUP

Created by Ted the Kiwi > 9 months ago, 23 Jul 2010
Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
23 Jul 2010 1:51PM
Thumbs Up

I was strolling past a surf shop in Santa Monica the other day and came across this board and several other short ones as well. Thought I would take a few shots as I know a few of the crew here like looking at different things. It had a fairly large double concave through the tail (although my shot does not do it justice) like the Al Merrick Pods with the rails stepped like the 7s surfboards. I am sorry for the quality of shots but my camera screen broke the night before whilst out having a few sherbets. I spoke to one bloke abt the board and he said he had not ridden it but they had received pretty good feedback on it. Perhaps he can add some insight if he picks this thread up. Its a beautiful looking beast - but i would think you would need to be on the lighter side of the scales to paddle it!! To give you a guide that is a 9'2" PSH next to the smaller boards and the balance of normal SUPs in the background. By the way it was USD $500 on sale. The board did not have a lot of rocker and could have almost passed for a scaled up version of a 1970's McCoy fish!!!! They were also doing their own boards in there - ordered direct from factory that does Liards etc for $650 new with deck pad and fins - given present exchange rates of $0.8925 (this morning) thats pretty fair value!!!

Talk about a small world. I ran into a fellow sea brezzer from the OG area - Div (and his wife and 2 kids) around the dinner table at the place I was staying in in Venice Beach. He said he knew Phill and crew from down that way. They were pretty excited as they were trying to purchase a van so they could begin their 6 mth trip up and down the coast. I must say I was a wee bit jealous that I was on my way back and their trip was just beginning - especially given that he had a new 8'9" board sitting waiting for him in Santa Barbara and would be hitting the point breaks of Baja shortly. Lets hope he posts some shots of his new equipement and spots as his trip gets underway.

I also saw a whole shop dedicated to one of DJs fav things in the world so I took a shot specially for him. He would be in 7th heaven in that store.

I also happened to pass by a car with more than a few boards strapped to his roof - looked like a classic road trip was on the cards.

DavidJohn
VIC, 17461 posts
23 Jul 2010 2:02PM
Thumbs Up

Nice Croc shop..

DJ

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"7.0 * 25.5" * 4.5" Californian SUP" started by Ted the Kiwi