Thumbs Up

Here are all the results and scores:

www.australianpaddlesurfer.com/Docs/Australian_Surf_Festival_2012.doc

Congratulations Beau, Shakira and John.

teatrea
QLD, 4177 posts
21 Aug 2012 10:35AM
Thumbs Up

The level of the surfing was insane , Jackson close in the quarter finals was going off a perfect 10 ride and a couple of high 9,s.Those top guys are takng it to another level , unreal. Ive got some good pics of Keahi and Jackson busting some big airs , ill post later. Well done to the Goldcoast crew in the races too.

goatman
NSW, 2151 posts
21 Aug 2012 10:41AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for that Casso.

What a great couple of days, met heaps of crew from the other states, good to see the WA boys smashing it as well!

The Open finalists and a couple of the young crew (Kai and Lincoln) were really pushing it to another level - there were usually airs in many of the heats.

Stoked for Beau with the Open win good to see NSW finally get the Open Mens and best of all the overall Pointscore!!

Session
VIC, 445 posts
21 Aug 2012 11:13AM
Thumbs Up

Congratulations to Shakira, Beau & Goaty and everyone who competed.
Looked like you all scored nice surf conditions for National event and the standard has stepped up a lot.

Well done Surfing Australia !

Bring on more photo's .....
Rich

teatrea
QLD, 4177 posts
21 Aug 2012 12:30PM
Thumbs Up

A Few Piccies

appsy
NSW, 198 posts
21 Aug 2012 12:48PM
Thumbs Up

Awesome result Goaty and Casso..Also a good indication of how high the level of surfing is in the syd sup club with you two finishing so high.

Open mens was hard to watch.....hahahahah not in a bad way.....first aussies Ive missed so it was stingy me watching.

See you guys soon.

Fergus
WA, 136 posts
21 Aug 2012 11:01AM
Thumbs Up

Congrats to the WA team. First time in Nationals. Outstanding effort.
Jako brothers semi-finalists, Amanda semi-finalist and Galvo in over 40's well done. hope we see some photos soon etc of you guys in action. Now all we need to do is get the nationals in WA and see how we go.

goatman
NSW, 2151 posts
21 Aug 2012 1:16PM
Thumbs Up

appsy said...

Awesome result Goaty and Casso..Also a good indication of how high the level of surfing is in the syd sup club with you two finishing so high.

Open mens was hard to watch.....hahahahah not in a bad way.....first aussies Ive missed so it was stingy me watching.

See you guys soon.

Thanks appsy, yeah the opens went off!! Young Kai from our club was ripping as well, missed the semis by 0.1 of a point. He will be up there very soon I reckon.

Hey Fergus, would love to see the title down in the Margaret's area sometime, I bet the local lads would shine. Loved watching the Jacko brothers.

pmorgan1974
NSW, 1080 posts
21 Aug 2012 1:21PM
Thumbs Up

Well done Guys. Stoked for you Casso and Goaty.. ripping

Chucky2106
NSW, 2 posts
21 Aug 2012 2:51PM
Thumbs Up

Well done Casso & Goaty!!! Great results - soo stoked for you both. See you soon.
Chucky

goatman
NSW, 2151 posts
21 Aug 2012 3:21PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks guys, how awesome is it that Dave (Kissa) took out the O40 marathon and got 2nd in the O40 BOP. Second outright in the Marathon as well!

pmorgan1974
NSW, 1080 posts
21 Aug 2012 4:14PM
Thumbs Up

The man's a freak...legend effort

camo hosk
VIC, 613 posts
21 Aug 2012 10:43PM
Thumbs Up

The four finalists put on an awesome display of surfing,I stood out on the sand bank to get close to the action and took some pics, a few sequence shots there through to the landings.

DirectX
WA, 240 posts
21 Aug 2012 9:59PM
Thumbs Up

goatman said...

What a great couple of days, met heaps of crew from the other states, good to see the WA boys smashing it as well!

Pity the Jacko bro's ended up in the same semi, would have been good to see one of them in the final. Great shots from the surfing, looked totally world class!

What the go with the team aussie representation? How many go to Peru for the surf division?

Rob

PeterP
845 posts
21 Aug 2012 10:10PM
Thumbs Up

sick shots and great riding - anyone have dimensions of the boards?

Towny
NSW, 903 posts
22 Aug 2012 8:06AM
Thumbs Up

I still reckon Dogman is the best shortboard style Sup surfer in OZ I ain't seen anyone move water and flow like him

graffitisurf
NSW, 123 posts
22 Aug 2012 8:13AM
Thumbs Up

Great shots Teatree and Camo.. Thanks for the effort.

surf4fun
WA, 1313 posts
22 Aug 2012 7:18AM
Thumbs Up

A classic line from the dogman after presentations: "unless your fins were 3ft above the lip you coupdnt even get a 5 in the final".

JonesySUP
QLD, 872 posts
22 Aug 2012 10:02AM
Thumbs Up

Didn't see Beau get any massive airs! He just surf the criteria to perfection flow, style, massive hacks with the occasional fin blow!
It will be very interesting to see where stand-up paddling surfing is this time next year.
Wow I can't wait!!

goatman
NSW, 2151 posts
22 Aug 2012 10:27AM
Thumbs Up

JonesySUP said...

Didn't see Beau get any massive airs! He just surf the criteria to perfection flow, style, massive hacks with the occasional fin blow!
It will be very interesting to see where stand-up paddling surfing is this time next year.
Wow I can't wait!!

I reckon he is the only guy I have seen on a SUP go near vert up the face consistently. He also has a hack in the pocket as good as anyone and chucks buckets of spray. Beau has the best all round attack I reckon and probably stands the best chance on the tour as well cause he can surf big waves and has a sick backhand.

dtm
NSW, 1610 posts
22 Aug 2012 11:46AM
Thumbs Up

Yeah I thought Beau was the fav to win from day one the guy was just a tiny step above the pack in power speed and aggression !!! And a super nice guy to boot !!
Glad he brought the title to NSW ....go the blues !!!

ockanui
VIC, 1301 posts
22 Aug 2012 12:26PM
Thumbs Up

Coming from a different perspective of the Nationals... yep great to see the amazing surfing and physical prowess of the younger elite sports people in the other disciplines at this level of competition, but also to see the "older" crew in the mix, Alain in the marathon and bop not to mention Goatie winning the surfing event then an hour later competing in the bop, together with the efforts of Johnny Tackle and Sparxy, the training required to harness the effects of the ravages of time in order to compete at this level is certainly worth complimenting and also providing inspiration for fellow old bastards to get one's act together.......

graffitisurf
NSW, 123 posts
22 Aug 2012 12:46PM
Thumbs Up

Agree with Goatman. Beau sure can get vertical on his backhand.

tha dogman
NSW, 2912 posts
22 Aug 2012 7:36PM
Thumbs Up

hats off to everyone that surfed and raced what a great event

i got so annihilated in the race on one wave coming into the shorey

i think i got an urge to wack it!!!!!! then realised i wasn't on my short board

it was a better wave than anything i got in my semi

after that i was in a world of hurt bit battered to the side of the head and neck. and still am.....que the violin solo pls

i saw a really nasty eye wound and hope that guy is ok....heavy......and a few more knocked up melons.... fun and games ladies n gents

hats off to the chicks in the race cause i saw some of the boys get fully smoked in the shories

and i heard it was great watching it all go down high n dry in the peanut gallery on the beach

it would have been so much better off just bagging people out via the mic for the race right about where jacko was standing at the lap marker.

angie n the chick that won went past me like i was standing still.... mate they were going for it

hats off to the human bullseyes/C4waterman turning markers .....lol......cant say id like to sign up for that job boys. well done!!!!!

how good was the surfing shakira killed it on her backhand...

noel just had a shocker and would have had a good crack if he was on his now twin fin creation

after watching keahi n geoff free surfing at my home breaks for the last week i knew they were the ones to beat this year in small waves.

hats off to jackson and beau for kicking their butts in the final with a brutal display of off power hacking and vertical sup surfing in onshore dribble.

i had a quick go on Keahi's JP while it was unattended surfing at home

mate that thing was so lively and motored along the wave like a skateboard with loose truck

i so want one

great to see everyones happy faces again and all the new faces friendly faces from WA and SA ....thats what makes me keep coming back

can't wait to see you all again somewhere ????? sometime soon yewwwwwww

dogman

Geoff has also fell in love with Keahi's board and is always sneaking out for a sly wave or 10

as revenge Keahi grabbed my 11,2 surftech and owned it straight away with his ultra casual yet soooo radical approach to surfing

thank god they have gone home as I'm buggered and can't keep supplying them with the endless amount of tim-tams they eat

tha dogman
NSW, 2912 posts
22 Aug 2012 7:41PM
Thumbs Up

hats off to everyone that surfed and raced what a great event

i got so annihilated in the race on one wave coming into the shorey

i think i got an urge to wack it!!!!!! then realised i wasn't on my short board

it was a better wave than anything i got in my semi

after that i was in a world of hurt bit battered to the side of the head and neck. and still am.....que the violin solo pls

i saw a really nasty eye wound and hope that guy is ok....heavy......and a few more knocked up melons.... fun and games ladies n gents

hats off to the chicks in the race cause i saw some of the boys get fully smoked in the shories

and i heard it was great watching it all go down high n dry in the peanut gallery on the beach

it would have been so much better off just bagging people out via the mic for the race right about where jacko was standing at the lap marker.

angie n the chick that won went past me like i was standing still.... mate they were going for it

hats off to the human bullseyes/C4waterman turning markers .....lol......cant say id like to sign up for that job boys. well done!!!!!

how good was the surfing shakira killed it on her backhand...

noel just had a shocker and would have had a good crack if he was on his now twin fin creation

after watching keahi n geoff free surfing at my home breaks for the last week i knew they were the ones to beat this year in small waves.

hats off to jackson and beau for kicking their butts in the final with a brutal display of off power hacking and vertical sup surfing in onshore dribble.

i had a quick go on Keahi's JP while it was unattended surfing at home

mate that thing was so lively and motored along the wave like a skateboard with loose truck

i so want one Geoff has also fell in love with Keahi's board and is always sneaking out for a sly wave or 10

as revenge Keahi grabbed my 11,2 surftech and owned it straight away with his ultra casual yet soooo radical approach to surfing

thank god they have gone home as I'm buggered and can't keep supplying them with the endless amount of tim-tams they eat

great to see everyones happy faces again and all the new faces friendly faces from WA and SA ....thats what makes me keep coming back

can't wait to see you all again somewhere ????? sometime soon yewwwwwww

dogman

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
22 Aug 2012 8:24PM
Thumbs Up

i can't believe you(dogman) got ripped off score wise again

for those masterful nose riding displays as per your vids

there, that evens up the score for for the qld titles debacle at my expanse

tha dogman
NSW, 2912 posts
22 Aug 2012 8:29PM
Thumbs Up

no way lacey

i got you good at the qld titles

you have to do better than that

but yes you are right.......the head hangs low

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
22 Aug 2012 8:33PM
Thumbs Up

tha dogman said...

no way lacey

i got you good at the old titles

you have to do better than that

but yes you are right.......the head hangs low

haha your right.

as they say there's____________

tha dogman
NSW, 2912 posts
22 Aug 2012 8:37PM
Thumbs Up

correct as usually lacey

whats going on????????

P.S. I'm going to be in your neck off the woods this weekend so lookout and watch your back buddy.........hahahahahaha........ peace love and brown rice.....yewwww

camo hosk
VIC, 613 posts
22 Aug 2012 8:58PM
Thumbs Up

Looked to me like tha dogman was having a great time during the technical race,here he is about to bounce off young Kai around the inside turning mark,
was great to see you having a go out there, all I could do was watch on and enjoy from the beach with the peanut gallery

rahams
NSW, 544 posts
31 Aug 2012 11:17PM
Thumbs Up

G'day all
Haven't posted since the Ozzie titles
Still getting my head around the surfing in the opens.
The bar has been raised so high the guys on the world tour
Should be very worried about the talent coming from oz

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"Aussie Titles 2012 - Surfing Results" started by Casso