Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

BGCC - 24hr Challenge 2011

Created by MrMyagi > 9 months ago, 5 Jul 2011
shaggysmith
ACT, 27 posts
20 Nov 2011 2:51PM
Thumbs Up

Well the Canberra 24h Challenge is over for another year!

The High Country SUP Yeew! Team of Amy (Texan Ranger) McCulloch; Wendy (Pebbles) Boyd; Kelliegh (Cougar) Jackson and Aimee (Candy Apples) Watson put in a great effort to finish third over all.

The High Country SUP lads Berni (Myagi) White; Paul (Cougar Bait) Wright; Tony (Flying Frenchman) what is his actual last name?; and Tommy (Skimboard Dude) Jacobson took out first place in the 12'6 category!

The ASRA boys Brad (Shaggy) Smith; Matt (Toga Pockets) Richardson; Ty (Wheels) Domin; and Justin (The Wall) Moyle took out first in the Open category as well as SUP line honors and the Defence Cup!

The High Country SUP and Army Surf Riders also took the trophy for the most fund raising with a massive $1500 for Cure Cancer! Thanks to all our supporters! It is not too later to donate! The Team dedicated its performance to the ASRA President Matty Carr! We are with you Brother!

Toga Pockets got a special meantion for best stack after coming off second best to a submerged log at 1am in the morning!

Shaggy got a prize for being the loudest on the water!

The Cougar got the OzSUP Encouragment award of a new paddle as well as and award for the most amount of costume changes!

We also need to thank our Sponsors and Supporters:
High Country SUP: OzSUP; Carve; Monster Paint; SeaSpecs.
ASRA: Coreban; Blast

shaggysmith
ACT, 27 posts
20 Nov 2011 3:23PM
Thumbs Up

Sorry Adam I need sleep! Thanks Angulo the Girls loved and really appreciated the Shaka! Yeew! Ok bed time for me!

gregc
VIC, 1298 posts
20 Nov 2011 4:41PM
Thumbs Up

Loved it there yesterday only got a quick appearance in but it will now be on the radar each year. First things first though I need one full year of training just for lap number 1 (45mins and most of that spent on my knees paddling into the wind). The hobie race board was awesome though. Big thanks to Scotty from Wetspot for including me in the team of spankers from the shop.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
20 Nov 2011 7:29PM
Thumbs Up

Well done everyone - a great cause. Hope you enjoyed your post event beers and much needed sleep!!!!

MrMyagi
NSW, 204 posts
21 Nov 2011 11:46PM
Thumbs Up

The images are starting to come in from the 24hr Race. Here's a taste from ASRA Team Rider Ty Domin. See more of his images at www.tydomin.com/blog/bgcc-24hr

shaggysmith
ACT, 27 posts
22 Nov 2011 10:51PM
Thumbs Up

It is still not too later to donate to Cure Cancer! We are almost at $2K!
High Country SUP & Army Surf Riders:

bgcc24hourchallenge2011.gofund​raise.com.au

shaggysmith
ACT, 27 posts
22 Nov 2011 10:52PM
Thumbs Up

bgcc24hourchallenge2011.gofundraise.com.au/page/Shaggy#

shaggysmith said...

It is still not too later to donate to Cure Cancer! We are almost at $2K!
High Country SUP & Army Surf Riders:

bgcc24hourchallenge2011.gofund​raise.com.au

MrMyagi
NSW, 204 posts
20 Dec 2011 10:20PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks to Pieter and Sandra Plooy from SUPWORLD for supporting grass roots paddling with the article on the 24hr Challenge in the latest (Issue 7) magazine. Cheers guys, thanks to awesome supporters like yourselves this little race gets bigger and better each year - and that means the nominated charity gets more donations; this year it was CURE Cancer.

Keep up the good work! YEEW!!!

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"BGCC - 24hr Challenge 2011" started by MrMyagi