Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

Bring your 12'6 For Kawana Lake Time Trials

Created by Swanie > 9 months ago, 24 Oct 2012
Swanie
QLD, 1372 posts
24 Oct 2012 7:17PM
Thumbs Up

5pm start at the tower. Bring your 12'6 if you have one.

Cheers
Swanie

jt737
QLD, 418 posts
25 Oct 2012 9:35PM
Thumbs Up

Just chilling.........

jt737
QLD, 418 posts
25 Oct 2012 9:52PM
Thumbs Up

A few pictures for the crew, good turnout with the young guys (and Jonesy) going hard..

Swanie
QLD, 1372 posts
25 Oct 2012 9:55PM
Thumbs Up

Tried something different tonight. In the lead up to the Ocean Addicts Power of the Paddle we thought it would be good to simulate the race heats. Each race was 2.48km in length. We had a few issues with the timing tonight in race one but most are accurate.

I missed the start of the second race as I was having a meeting with the organiser of the Noosa Surfing Festival about all things SUP. great exciting news here. More soon on this as soon as it can be officially told.

Tonight we timed all racers and included their spits to see how they went over the 5km of paddle. Here are the results. Pitty i missed the second as I was just warming up.

My wife (the timekeeper is a stickler for the rules and as such near enough to the finish doesn't cut it for her to stop the clock for you.

Swanie
QLD, 1372 posts
25 Oct 2012 10:02PM
Thumbs Up

Classic of Cell on that super fast board. Wonder what times he will do when he works out where to stand on it, Check photos above

jt737
QLD, 418 posts
25 Oct 2012 10:44PM
Thumbs Up

Mainly for our crew to view themselves from tonight, no fancy shots or music.
Hope it helps to reinforce good technique in starting, turning and keep training hard....

JonesySUP
QLD, 872 posts
26 Oct 2012 8:37AM
Thumbs Up

Great work Mr/Mrs Swanie and JT. Lincoln is padding super hard, Cel's wash riding skill's are improving, and Ryan "don't go to hard at the start you may Spew!!
Happy days crew, love my Thursday arvo's at the lake.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"Bring your 12'6 For Kawana Lake Time Trials" started by Swanie