Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

Harry's Paddle - Newcastle 23rd March 2013

Created by SUPBALIcom > 9 months ago, 16 Mar 2013
SUPBALIcom
NSW, 149 posts
16 Mar 2013 10:16PM
Thumbs Up

INVITATION TO EVERYONE... We would like to ask all paddlers & everyone who would like to be part of a great family day to place a smiley face on your calendar for Saturday March 23rd - 08:00am til 14:00pm (Punt Road Stockton) & come along & join us for a day on the grass at the waters edge of Newcastle Harbour ! We are coming together to SUPport Harry's House Foundation ( www.harryshouse.com.au) with a day full of activities including the STARBOARD DEMO TRAILER for everyone to take a look & get to try some amazing Stand Up Paddle boards & equipment, SUP FIT intro challenges , cotton candy & cupcakes ! All activities are by way of gold coin donation going directly to Harry's House Foundation! This is the creation of what will be an annual event & with your SUPport it will be a fantastic day ..

SUPBALIcom
NSW, 149 posts
16 Mar 2013 10:25PM
Thumbs Up

check out more details on www.facebook.com/events/462218777182297/

Ali Cat
QLD, 1205 posts
16 Mar 2013 9:46PM
Thumbs Up

This is an awesome place to paddle, and should be a great fun day for the whole family. Bring a picnic rug and set up in the park to watch the entertainment and get out on the water for some fun, all to support a great cause!

Only a couple of hours drive for the Sydney crew and almost in the backyard of the big group of paddlers on the central coast, so get behind a fun charity focused event and a day for everyone to enjoy.

Flaker
NSW, 122 posts
17 Mar 2013 9:13PM
Thumbs Up

I'm planning of going along and having some fun.
Fingers crossed that the wind won't be like it is today here in Newcastle,

Barneyrubble
NSW, 34 posts
17 Mar 2013 10:49PM
Thumbs Up

Should be a good day for a great cause. Forecast looks good. Hoping everyone gets behind it. 😀

SUPBALIcom
NSW, 149 posts
18 Mar 2013 12:41AM
Thumbs Up

HARRY's PADDLE UPDATE..

* Beau O'Brian is headed south to compete & we are SUPer excited with this news & looking forward to putting all our efforts in to doing our best to provide amazing SUPport to Harrys House...

"the RACE - to the bridge & back" .. 8.5klms .. $500 purse
for those that have contacted me SUPer keen to know the details , here is the race course & a few details with further info to be offered on race day at pre race briefing.
*start: 10:00am (water start)
*distance: 8.5klms
*14ft & under boards.
*1st & 2nd places = cash prize for mens.
*1st & 2nd places = cash prize for women.
*additional prizes drawn for all race participants.
*entrance fee of $20 by donation to Harry Meyn Foundation ( www.harryshouse.com.au/ ) ..

we look forward to making this a great family day for a fantastic cause & appreciate your SUPport !! thank you ..

Ali Cat
QLD, 1205 posts
19 Mar 2013 11:13AM
Thumbs Up

ONLY 4 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!

Hope everyone is ready to have some fun whilst supporting this great cause!

Looking over the 'hot topic' SUP Racing - How To Increase Participation on the sup forum at the moment, plenty of you have said you want races that are accessible to all abilities, a low entry fee, fun family atmosphere, cash prizes for the elite, random prizes for participation and supporting a good cause - so you can feel good (and some have even mentioned the benefit of a tax deduction).

Well HARRY'S PADDLE has it all and more! Not just a race but a great day of activities on and off the water for the whole family! Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Kieranr
NSW, 526 posts
19 Mar 2013 8:16PM
Thumbs Up

Looking forward to it. Should be heaps of fun. Longest race I've done yet. 😜😜

ShireSUP
NSW, 982 posts
19 Mar 2013 8:53PM
Thumbs Up

Kieranr said...
Looking forward to it. Should be heaps of fun. Longest race I've done yet. 😜😜

Is this the time to settle our bet perhaps?

Kieranr
NSW, 526 posts
19 Mar 2013 8:56PM
Thumbs Up

Not this one I think. As my big mouth put me at such a disadvantage I'll have to pick my battle

Barneyrubble
NSW, 34 posts
19 Mar 2013 9:16PM
Thumbs Up

Side bets gentleman? This could make a great day even better and all for a great cause!!avascript:insertsmilie('')

SUPBALIcom
NSW, 149 posts
21 Mar 2013 7:55AM
Thumbs Up

Guys & girls with only a few days to go things are getting exciting here in Newcastle :) .. Harry's Paddle is a family friendly event, prize draws for everyone that enters the race as well as those who wish to purchase raffle tickets by way of donation to the Harry Meyn Foundation ( www.harryshouse.com.au) .. So bring your families , your smiles & enjoy a day on the edge of Newcastle Harbor . Beau O'Brian is headed south for the RACE - to the bridge & back !!!

pmorgan1974
NSW, 1080 posts
21 Mar 2013 2:03PM
Thumbs Up

Looks like a great event mate...Sent the word out to the Sydney DW guys..

SUPBALIcom
NSW, 149 posts
22 Mar 2013 1:49PM
Thumbs Up

pmorgan1974 said...
Looks like a great event mate...Sent the word out to the Sydney DW guys..

Thanks Pete , it's a great cause & we are hoping the format ensures a good turnout & makes this an annual event on the SUP Race program as well as a great day for all to come along with families & friends ..
Cheers Pete

kissa
NSW, 523 posts
23 Mar 2013 7:11PM
Thumbs Up

Sorry I couldn't make this. Word is it was great day

Kieranr
NSW, 526 posts
23 Mar 2013 7:17PM
Thumbs Up

It was a great paddle. Bloody hard slog on the first half against the current but a good hit up. Very happy with 9th place.

Kieranr
NSW, 526 posts
23 Mar 2013 7:44PM
Thumbs Up

Looking back at some of Suzes pics; the power that beau puts down is awesome, the back of the board sank almost to the top of the rails with each stroke on his start sprint!!!

Ali Cat
QLD, 1205 posts
23 Mar 2013 7:59PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks to everyone who came up today to Support the Harry Meyn Foundation, conditions were perfect for all abilities of paddlers to get out on the water and enjoy the day. Here's the full list of results.

surfershaneA
863 posts
23 Mar 2013 6:12PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Pete and everyone else who participated for the top family day out all for a good cause!

SUPBALIcom
NSW, 149 posts
23 Mar 2013 9:32PM
Thumbs Up

A massive big thank you to everyone who paddled,raced,helped out ,joined in, donated & simply came along to enjoy the Harry's Paddle event !! a great success with 30 Racers & roughly 150-200 people coming to say hello .. We reached our target of 100 HANDS for HARRY with 104 hands on the board..

The feedback was positive from those that raced regarding the course & Im excited to hear more from everyone that joined & SUPported this event as we look to make it an annual event for a great cause ..

Thank you to all :)
Pete

BeauOBrian
QLD, 34 posts
23 Mar 2013 8:41PM
Thumbs Up

Great event. Can't wait for next years. Great to see more charity SUP events. Are there any more photos of the event?

Kieranr
NSW, 526 posts
23 Mar 2013 9:53PM
Thumbs Up

My girlfriend Suze will have a heap of pics posted up on the 2upsup Facebook page in the next day or two.

BeauOBrian
QLD, 34 posts
23 Mar 2013 9:03PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks mate.

SUPBALIcom
NSW, 149 posts
23 Mar 2013 10:33PM
Thumbs Up

Kieranr said...
My girlfriend Suze will have a heap of pics posted up on the 2upsup Facebook page in the next day or two.

Thank you Suze & Kieran

NNSUP
NSW, 1263 posts
24 Mar 2013 7:12AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Pete, Ali and the crew for organising such a great race. One of the tougest paddles and competitor groups I have raced. Great location and great to utilise the local sailing club. It was certainly a "Day Under the Trees" as you publicised. I am sure this race will continue to grow as we all had such a great day.

suzesnooze
NSW, 32 posts
24 Mar 2013 8:15AM
Thumbs Up

Hey guys,

Here are a couple of photos: there are a HEAP more on Facebook (www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151527763566201.1073741828.706511200&type=1&l=96eddf9184)

Pete will shortly share the album on 2UPSUP facebook page Enjoy!!

SUPBALIcom
NSW, 149 posts
25 Mar 2013 9:38AM
Thumbs Up

NNSUP said...
Thanks Pete, Ali and the crew for organising such a great race. One of the tougest paddles and competitor groups I have raced. Great location and great to utilise the local sailing club. It was certainly a "Day Under the Trees" as you publicised. I am sure this race will continue to grow as we all had such a great day.

Thanks John it was great having you guys turn up to SUPport the event & we will be shortly confirming the $$ raised for Harry's House with much thanks to everyone!!

I'm looking forward to developing this event for 2014 & welcome all input to ensure what we deliver next year is a positive fun family day of SUPping in Stockton town ✌
Cheers Pete

Surfrod66
NSW, 665 posts
25 Mar 2013 10:17AM
Thumbs Up

Time it with a big spring tide that will really sort out the fleet!!!!!(my return leg was a new personal best for 4.5klms that I will never beat again)

SUPBALIcom
NSW, 149 posts
25 Mar 2013 8:11PM
Thumbs Up

We have just received the total amount that we were able to raise from Samantha Meyn ( Harry's mum ) www.harryshouse.com.au ..
Many thanks to everyone who came & enjoyed the day & helped us help Harry's House ..
We are excited looking forward to the event Harry's Paddle 2014 & 'the RACE - to the bridge & back' 2014 !!

** message as received from Sam
"The grand total is $2195.50!!!!!! How amazing!!! What an awesome amount!! You should be really proud of yourself and your family!!! 
I promised your daughter Tarra & also Saraina a breakdown of their cotton candy & cupcake stall, they did amazing with a total of $415.50!
Regos; $600.00. 
100 HANDS for Harry;$320.
General donations;$860.00
How great is that.!!
Thank you Pete."

Thank you to everyone for your SUPport & looking forward to 2014!! Pete

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"Harry's Paddle - Newcastle 23rd March 2013" started by SUPBALIcom