27 Feb 2012 7:03AM
Thumbs Up

Final day highlights...

husq2100
QLD, 2031 posts
27 Feb 2012 10:50AM
Thumbs Up

Homeally said...

I would have thought NZ would have sent over Annabel Anderson as well?

I guess there is a few of those thoughts coming out now, and not just for NZ. Who knows why Hawaii backed out? I would think it is probably different for each country, in as much as $$$ support for each representitive. Ontop of which, alot would have day jobs, family and professional commitments.

Once these videos start and word starts to spread of what a great event it was, im sure people will be linning up! Add to that the people that will now want to go to support their country

mikeman
QLD, 692 posts
27 Feb 2012 11:04AM
Thumbs Up

What a great event and one of the best posts to follow on Seabreeze for a long time. It was great to see 4 places recognised, instead of the usual 3, which was a great initiative to promote the development of the sport. It was also refreshing to see 5 pages of great reading/viewing with no pimping from anyone. Let's hope this sets a new trend on this forum for 2012.

goatman
NSW, 2151 posts
27 Feb 2012 12:29PM
Thumbs Up

mikeman said...

What a great event and one of the best posts to follow on Seabreeze for a long time. It was great to see 4 places recognised, instead of the usual 3, which was a great initiative to promote the development of the sport. It was also refreshing to see 5 pages of great reading/viewing with no pimping from anyone. Let's hope this sets a new trend on this forum for 2012.

Spot on Mike! Well done to our awesome team!

micksmith
VIC, 1680 posts
27 Feb 2012 3:06PM
Thumbs Up

Read ponobill's posts on standup zone forum for his insight as to why Hawaii did not attend. To me it doesn't add up but who knows.

A huge congratulations to all competitors and particularly AUSTRALIA

PTWoody
VIC, 3982 posts
27 Feb 2012 3:38PM
Thumbs Up

micksmith said...

Read ponobill's posts on standup zone forum for his insight as to why Hawaii did not attend. To me it doesn't add up but who knows.

Don't suppose you could put a link to the thread? I've trawled through the Zone and can't find Pono Bill's post. Cheers.

Piros
QLD, 6932 posts
27 Feb 2012 2:43PM
Thumbs Up

husq2100 said...

Homeally said...

I guess there is a few of those thoughts coming out now, and not just for NZ. Who knows why Hawaii backed out? I would think it is probably different for each country, in as much as $$$ support for each representitive. Ontop of which, alot would have day jobs, family and professional commitments.

Once these videos start and word starts to spread of what a great event it was, im sure people will be linning up! Add to that the people that will now want to go to support their country

Hawaii is not country big fella but I still your point re no Hawaiians in the US team very strange. It was such a professionally run event no doubt next year will twice as big.

Just so stoked for our Aussie crew fantastic effort.

Ali Cat
QLD, 1205 posts
27 Feb 2012 2:51PM
Thumbs Up

Hawaii may not be a Country, but where ISA is concerned they are a separate region to the USA (some tradition going back to the 50's or 60's i think?) and both get to field a team if they wish.

husq2100
QLD, 2031 posts
27 Feb 2012 3:07PM
Thumbs Up

Piros said...

husq2100 said...

Homeally said...

Hawaii is not country big fella but I still your point re no Hawaiians in the US team very strange. It was such a professionally run event no doubt next year will twice as big.

Just so stoked for our Aussie crew fantastic effort.

while you have probably been busy with work or filming your latest movie, I would have figured you know more about this stuff than I......

Both USA and Hawaii were allocated team spots. Hawaii had a team but pulled at the last minute. One country, two teams, why??? I read it has to do with Hawaii being recongnised as its own entity due to history going back before it was nationlized as a state of Amercia. And that it is the birth place of surfing sup and paddling. No one argued that the USA/Hawaii should only get one country spot. The way I see it is, If they werent going to go, some of their team may have been higher ranked and they are all US citerzens so could have represented USA.

This is not a negative view point just and observation. Im sure in years to come team Hawaii will be there and be one of the teams to beat.

whilst Im not the sharpest tool in the shed, I am aware that Hawaii is not a country.....

chrisparker
234 posts
27 Feb 2012 1:10PM
Thumbs Up

PTWoody said...
Don't suppose you could put a link to the thread? I've trawled through the Zone and can't find Pono Bill's post. Cheers.

www.standupzone.com/forum/index.php?topic=15029.15.msg134751

Piros
QLD, 6932 posts
27 Feb 2012 3:15PM
Thumbs Up

Ali Cat said...

Hawaii may not be a Country, but where ISA is concerned they are a separate region to the USA (some tradition going back to the 50's or 60's i think?) and both get to field a team if they wish.

I still don't get it the Hawaiians are invited to a genuine world titles and given extra special treatment allowing them to enter 2 entire teams from one country and they can fly the Hawaiian flag independently from the American flag and they turn it down.

..and yeah Serg I am bit late on this one.

husq2100
QLD, 2031 posts
27 Feb 2012 3:19PM
Thumbs Up

Piros said...

Ali Cat said...

I still don't get it the Hawaiians are invited to a genuine world titles and given extra special treatment allowing them to enter 2 entire teams from one country and they can fly the Hawaiian flag independently from the American flag and they turn it down.

..and yeah Serg I am bit late on this one.

see Chris's link in post above yours. It seems the Hawaiian ISA rep didnt fill out the team form and then didnt have time. All the team were said to be keen and ready to go. It will be interesting to see the fall out from this...

paul.j
QLD, 3318 posts
28 Feb 2012 1:46PM
Thumbs Up

I have a heap of footage i am going through and will post some vid's when i can get them done! i have just done one with Justin Holland which is on my Facebook page(sorry would link but the net is ****ty in this airport some one might want to link it?!!) i also have some stuff you wont see anywhere else of some different things we got up to so keep checking back as it was some funny siht we i was filming it!!! I'm pretty sure half of it wont even be legal on the internet so i see some long hours in the edit room!!!

We have 24 more hours left of flying and then we will be HOME!!!!

The Aussie team killed it over their but there was way more to this event than just winning and that is setting up the future of SUP on a bigger scale to what we have seen before, so hopefully the momentum will continue and big things will be to come!

Cheers Jacko

Ali Cat
QLD, 1205 posts
28 Feb 2012 1:50PM
Thumbs Up

paul.j said...

I have a heap of footage i am going through and will post some vid's when i can get them done! i have just done one with Justin Holland which is on my Facebook page(sorry would link but the net is ****ty in this airport some one might want to link it?!!) i also have some stuff you wont see anywhere else of some different things we got up to so keep checking back as it was some funny siht we i was filming it!!! I'm pretty sure half of it wont even be legal on the internet so i see some long hours in the edit room!!!

We have 24 more hours left of flying and then we will be HOME!!!!

The Aussie team killed it over their but there was way more to this event than just winning and that is setting up the future of SUP on a bigger scale to what we have seen before, so hopefully the moment will continue and big things will be to come!

Cheers Jacko

Here it is:

husq2100
QLD, 2031 posts
28 Feb 2012 2:12PM
Thumbs Up

paul.j said...

The Aussie team killed it over their but there was way more to this event than just winning and that is setting up the future of SUP on a bigger scale to what we have seen before, so hopefully the momentum will continue and big things will be to come!

Cheers Jacko

I think most of us have got this vibe from the small vids and photos. Sure it was great to see Aus do so well. But the smiles on all competitors faces and the professional and serious way the event was run has concreted a solid foundation not only for ISA but for SUP and PRONE.

now all we need is accomidation info for supporters to plan their trip

paul.j
QLD, 3318 posts
28 Feb 2012 2:13PM
Thumbs Up

another quick one.

DavidJohn
VIC, 17434 posts
28 Feb 2012 3:44PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Jacko for vids.. Awesome job guys.. (and gals)..

DJ

chrisparker
234 posts
28 Feb 2012 12:57PM
Thumbs Up

That race vid's awesome - skip to the 1:05 mark for the Party Wave :O

PTWoody
VIC, 3982 posts
28 Feb 2012 6:38PM
Thumbs Up

Nice vids. That Frenchman must have surfed incredibly to beat Justin.

Piros
QLD, 6932 posts
28 Feb 2012 6:30PM
Thumbs Up

That last video was great Jacko , great race format and were the square cans harder to get around the a round ones , I suppose they keep the rope you away from your fin.

When you were on the dias I was wondering where your Aussie flag was, keep forgetting you paddled for NZ but don't worry mate we'll still claim you ,great effort by the ANZAC's . I would love to be there next year with the camera gear (I'd never qualify) the event looks unreal and as you said the seed has been planted for this to be huge.

Janbruun
NSW, 246 posts
29 Feb 2012 9:08PM
Thumbs Up

Well done boys. Great effort loved the race.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"ISA Peru" started by angie pangi