Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

Lake kawana timed Race 18/4/13

Created by RJK > 9 months ago, 18 Apr 2013
RJK
QLD, 622 posts
19 Apr 2013 12:49AM
Thumbs Up

Great paddle tonight, next to no wind however i think with the wier and high tide, the current was against us on the home leg. Thats my excuse for why it felt so hard

PeterP
845 posts
19 Apr 2013 3:34AM
Thumbs Up

The youngster is flying - when you get a no wind day 26minutes will be beaten - I reckon you'll be doing low 25's soon! Is your course tidal and does it affect the times?

cel23
QLD, 175 posts
19 Apr 2013 7:59AM
Thumbs Up

Time Race??? Whats the deal Keck???

No Peter it is not tidal it is in an enclosed lake however is wind affected.

RJK
QLD, 622 posts
19 Apr 2013 8:15AM
Thumbs Up

It's an enclosed lake with a wier at one end to flush the lake at high tide. Can have up to a foot of head over the wier.

Marcel its not a time trial until u paddle the lake without wash riding (for the first time)

skebstebamal
QLD, 579 posts
19 Apr 2013 10:12AM
Thumbs Up

leader board update? you better put those that go around the right course in front :)

RJK
QLD, 622 posts
19 Apr 2013 10:49AM
Thumbs Up

skebstebamal said...
leader board update? you better put those that go around the right course in front :)

ill have to go back a do the last 3 weeks. Some idiot decided to drive over his laptop with his thesis on it (but more importantly lake leaderboard) so ill have to do some backtracking.

sorry guys

teatrea
QLD, 4177 posts
19 Apr 2013 12:34PM
Thumbs Up

Trevor flying , we could see the 10Kh average broken , maybee the top guys already do this?

Swanie
QLD, 1372 posts
19 Apr 2013 12:58PM
Thumbs Up

He (Trev) is paddling with amazing stamina. Still powered to the beach with a sprint.
My coin is on him to be the first to go under 26 minutes on a 14. With good conditions I think he will do it in the next few weeks. If you think you can beat him to the mark you better get yourself to this time trial sooner then latter.

skebstebamal
QLD, 579 posts
19 Apr 2013 1:41PM
Thumbs Up

RJK said...
skebstebamal said...

ill have to go back a do the last 3 weeks. Some idiot decided to drive over his laptop with his thesis on it (but more importantly lake leaderboard) so ill have to do some backtracking.

sorry guys

I dont think there were any great times for the two previous weeks because of 25 knot southerlies...probably end march post....jonesy in the speedo's..id say was the last fast night..

I reckon your right Swanie, I'd put my money on Trev for sure.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"Lake kawana timed Race 18/4/13" started by RJK