Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

Naish 8.0 and 8.10 Review with Kids in mind.

Created by OG SUP > 9 months ago, 16 Dec 2009
OG SUP
VIC, 3516 posts
16 Dec 2009 9:48PM
Thumbs Up

Hey guys,

I know there are heaps of parents out and about with kids that want to have ago at SUP.

Nik,i Nesha and I took the 2 boards out with the following in mind.

1) How easy are the boards for little kids to handle:

Both Niki and Nesha can carry the boards for about 30 - 40m with little or no no trouble.

2) How stable are the boards for little kids to stand on in chop.

Tonight the water was wipped up by an onshore of about 15knts. The kids both paddled the 8'10 with no issues and both caught waves even thought there was little power or face to work with. Nesha had a little trouble on the 8.0 but it was definitely workable.

3) How easy was it for the kids to turn the boards.

Both boards are simple for the kids to turn to catch a wave
The 8.0 in the chop was much harder for Niki but she could do it.

4) Was it possible for Dad to surf the boards.

Even in the drbble that was at OG Main Beach tonight I could catch waves by paddling in on either of these 2 boards so they could both be used as Homer Big Boys short boards

More to come ........

Phill

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
18 Dec 2009 2:36PM
Thumbs Up

Geez Phil you've gone from a PSH spruiker to a Nasih spruiker in 1 year I can bearly keep up

OG SUP
VIC, 3516 posts
18 Dec 2009 4:16PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Tux,

Not a Naish spruiker more a board whore really, just trying to find boards the kids can ride walk around with etc and its not that easy.

I have recieved several emails from people asking for info on what the girls ride think etc.

Kristi won the 8.0 at the Mambo this year and Session loaned us the 8'10 for a few days to see how Nesha would go on it. Niki and Nesha both love the 8'10.

I love my PSH 12Gun awesome board and the DC 9.4 is the best short board sup I have ever ridden.

I may Naish up though as after trying several boards the 12ft glide seems to be the most versatile of the flat water down wind models. DC is doing a 14er combo surf flat water and I want to look at that before I make a decision.

Phill

hilly
WA, 7323 posts
18 Dec 2009 1:26PM
Thumbs Up

OG SUP said...

Hey Tux,

Not a Naish spruiker more a board whore really, just trying to find boards the kids can ride walk around with etc and its not that easy.

Phill

PSH are doing kids sups soon I think.

Serendip
NSW, 44 posts
21 Dec 2009 2:29PM
Thumbs Up

hey Phil, There is also the 8'0 LSD kids SUP, you saw it at mambo, as you saw its pretty good for the little ones also

OG SUP
VIC, 3516 posts
21 Dec 2009 8:22PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Serendip,

We did try to organize for Kristi to get a run on that LSD board as it looked really sweet, but alas it didnt happen.

Happy to consider any distribution offers or deals as i resigned from my current career today, so more photography and supping woooo hoooo.

Phill

Brooko
1672 posts
21 Dec 2009 7:23PM
Thumbs Up

Nothing wrong with Naish they are the Shiz

DKirche
78 posts
24 Dec 2009 5:24AM
Thumbs Up

Those boards look great! Any action shots?

D.Kirche

OG SUP
VIC, 3516 posts
24 Dec 2009 10:33AM
Thumbs Up

Actions Shots from Sea Me Surf Photography

Paul Jackson Roar Industries 2nd Place Mens Open Mambo 2009 Rippin 8.0 Naish

More Jacko 8.0

Alison Fulagar Roar Industries 1st Place Open Womens SUP Mambo 2009 Rippin on 8.10 Naish

Kristi Page 3rd Place Open Womens Mambo 8.0 Naish

Phill

Bnaccas
VIC, 1722 posts
24 Dec 2009 10:41AM
Thumbs Up

Great pix Phill!

Yeah I really liked the look of that 8'0" LSD. I rekon it would be off the hook! Not sure if
I could paddle it but I would love to have one with another 10 or 15 litres.

It looked to me like a small version of the 9'0" Nalu which Lumers shreads on.

OG SUP
VIC, 3516 posts
24 Dec 2009 11:08AM
Thumbs Up

Hey Brendon,

I loved the look of the 8.0 LSD too, we were hanging to get Kristi on it.

Kristi surfed the 8.0 Naish in the first clean waves we have had since we
got back from Mambo at OG yesterday.

It was about waist to shoulder high and she blew it up snapping some lovely round houses, the guys in the line up were cheering her on and freaking out.

She is so greatful to the guys at Mambo, Naish and DJ, Rich for helping to get it the 7'9 changed over for the 8.0.

Phill

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"Naish 8.0 and 8.10 Review with Kids in mind." started by OG SUP