Noosa 2012

Created by rahams > 9 months ago, 7 Mar 2012
Starlet gc
NSW, 374 posts
9 Mar 2012 10:59AM
Thumbs Up

** Attn Girls - Email from Sam/ NOOSA **

Hi Ladies,
Just confirming, the Round 1 heats will begin at 12 midday on Sunday 11 March. The amended heat schedule will be posted on the website this afternoon

Piros
QLD, 6996 posts
9 Mar 2012 10:58AM
Thumbs Up

goatman said...

[b

Double overhead 12 sec period here in Sydney with light off shores and blue skies

Sorry guys couldn't help myself.

Going off Goatie that sounds insane....12 sec yeeeeeww..

Oi
QLD, 97 posts
9 Mar 2012 11:00AM
Thumbs Up

anybody got a recommendation for family accommodation near the action? (Sunday to Tuesday).

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
9 Mar 2012 9:35AM
Thumbs Up

French Quarter

Piros
QLD, 6996 posts
9 Mar 2012 2:44PM
Thumbs Up

+1 THE 1/4

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
11 Mar 2012 6:26PM
Thumbs Up

who won the bop

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
11 Mar 2012 4:27PM
Thumbs Up

laceys lane said...

who won the bop

keen to go up lacey

angie pangi
QLD, 1779 posts
11 Mar 2012 6:32PM
Thumbs Up

From what I know,
1st Lincoln dews
2nd beau obrien
3rd dilon Magee

1st terrane black
2nd mariko Strickland
3rd Molly walker

Not sure on anything else. I'm just going off what jacko called and told me

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
11 Mar 2012 6:42PM
Thumbs Up

62mac said...

laceys lane said...

who won the bop

keen to go up lacey

not sure of my working week yet mac. whats your plans

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
11 Mar 2012 4:45PM
Thumbs Up

I was thinking of going up midweek watch for a while have a surf,feed, couple of drinksstay a night.
Dont know if my racks could handle a 17 footer tho

RJK
QLD, 622 posts
11 Mar 2012 7:17PM
Thumbs Up

yew lincoln!!!!!!

must have been that little hottie you had as a board caddy

you smashed those goldy boys!

Ian Grose
TAS, 423 posts
Site Sponsor
11 Mar 2012 8:55PM
Thumbs Up

Congratulations a great effort Lincoln.

WOW how you have progressed since your first race at Noosa twelve months ago.

I believe you won by quite a margin as well.

If it wasn't the caddy maybe his new Starboard BOP might have helped him a bit

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
11 Mar 2012 8:10PM
Thumbs Up

62mac said...

I was thinking of going up midweek watch for a while have a surf,feed, couple of drinksstay a night.
Dont know if my racks could handle a 17 footer tho

what about 8'8

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
11 Mar 2012 6:19PM
Thumbs Up

That would be just fine

OG SUP
VIC, 3516 posts
11 Mar 2012 9:39PM
Thumbs Up

Lacey first time I have seen a BOP race run like that and I have to say it rocks. Great for the competitors great for the spectators even fun for the board handlers

The run leg dosent excite me though just makes me cringe.

Lincoln was a standout the guys behind him where tight packed.

Anyone who finished earned a cold one or two.

Great stuff!

Dog suping is the new sport can't upt load images from blackberry but there were crowds filling low tide First Point to see it.

RJK
QLD, 622 posts
11 Mar 2012 9:00PM
Thumbs Up

"Dog suping is the new sport can't upt load images from blackberry but there were crowds filling low tide First Point to see it."

Loved the tandom dog supping! One of the mutts was a bit of a beast though

Swanie
QLD, 1372 posts
11 Mar 2012 9:02PM
Thumbs Up

Well done Lincoln.
on both accounts.

Well done to Terrene as well. 2 from 2 for Sunshine Coasts BOPs

kiakaha
QLD, 472 posts
12 Mar 2012 7:26AM
Thumbs Up

RJK said...

"Dog suping is the new sport can't upt load images from blackberry but there were crowds filling low tide First Point to see it."

Loved the tandom dog supping! One of the mutts was a bit of a beast though

Couldn't get close enough unless I wanted to get wet and that was not an option. It was a bit sad that they had the legends on just before the SUPing dogs and everyone was more interested in the mutts.

Eventual winner - Woogie and his Mutt which I have just forgotten the name too - I think he was the only Mutt that got barrelled.

Chris De Aboitiz on the Left - the SUP Dogman middle & Woogie Right

Photo by Ngaire

Gian Rooney with the Mutts before the surf - the Brown dog was the winner.

teatrea
QLD, 4177 posts
12 Mar 2012 9:44AM
Thumbs Up

Good race , when the litttle waves come through it was a godsend for a breather.The marathon run leg wasnt fun though.

rahams
NSW, 544 posts
12 Mar 2012 5:24PM
Thumbs Up

Any results for the bop other than the top 3 again?

paul.j
QLD, 3341 posts
12 Mar 2012 4:29PM
Thumbs Up

rahams said...

From what i can remember

4th Jake Jensen
5th Andy Davis

Girls
4th Simone Horsfeild

Thats all my memory has got for now!!!

Jacko

rahams
NSW, 544 posts
12 Mar 2012 5:38PM
Thumbs Up

paul.j said...

rahams said...

From what i can remember

4th Jake Jensen
5th Andy Davis

Girls
4th Simone Horsfeild

Thats all my memory has got for now!!!

Jacko

Thanks Jako
So no official times and places!

paul.j
QLD, 3341 posts
12 Mar 2012 4:58PM
Thumbs Up

A quick wrap up of the event from me.

Good turn with heaps of people racing, not sure on numbers! Jake J got of to a early lead with Beau in 2nd and Dylan in 3rd at the 1st turn by the time the first run leg was started the top 4 were all together with Lincoln in the group. From there they should have all being Disqualified for not taking their boards to the flag where the caddies were ment to get them from. Rules should have been rules and everyone was told what to do!! Any way on with the running race, all 4 hit the water together off the first run leg with Lincoln having the best tactics getting his board taken out into deeper water!! With a small lead throughout the next whole lap he hit the LLLOOOONNNGGGG run leg first and streched the lead a little each lap. Lincoln raced a soild race and had gas in the tank when he needed it which saw him hold off Beau and Dylan for the win.

Girls race was pretty close for the first 3 laps and Terrene showing better allround skill for the whole race which took her to victory over Mariko and close behind new comer Molly.

Overall fun race but as with the year before it was more of a running race than a paddling race and with them posting the run leg would be shorter this year it was a little disappointing that it ended up like it did!!! I take nothing away from Lincoln as he was the best paddler on the day and a well deserved the win, I did not race but the feeling after the race was pretty clear!!! fun but too long of a run!! again

I filmed the event and there was some great carnage on the inside turn which was unreal to see and for once i was not in the middle of it.

cheers Jacko

Ali Cat
QLD, 1205 posts
12 Mar 2012 5:31PM
Thumbs Up

Congratulations to the winners, Lincoln and Terrene, definately the strongest on the water and the sand on the day and deserved winners!

As Jacko said, not taking anything away from the winners, but it's a pity the run was sooo long after being told it would be shorter than last year.

Maybe next year they should rename the race as "Noosa Sup & Sand Sprint Biathlon"

ElyseSNSW
NSW, 24 posts
12 Mar 2012 6:57PM
Thumbs Up

Good on you Woogie and Tully for a really well run race, can see where people are coming from about the run, but in the end we are all training to be athletes (maybe not all but a lot) and every race should be a challenge. Personally, the harder the race the better i feel having done it, and considering the conditions, Woogie and Tully did a great job in making it a tough race which was exciting for the spectators, in conditions where it could have been an easy paddle. Different races which have different challenges are what keeps racing interesting and exciting, we dont want to constantly have fairly predictable results. Another race with loads of spectators is a massive success in my opinion, especially as a business owner in the industry! Looking forward to next year

RJK
QLD, 622 posts
12 Mar 2012 6:12PM
Thumbs Up

"The course is a multiple lap circuit that includes paddling through the surf and beaching equipment for a short, flagged sand run." http://www.battleofthepaddle.com/index.php?page_id=2

Given that it was only four laps I would say that the run leg was in proportion to the usual five run legs!

Big thanks to Tully and Woogie for making it a great race!

lincd
QLD, 34 posts
12 Mar 2012 6:36PM
Thumbs Up

about the 'DQ' i had spoken to woogie before the race and he had said the same about running boards to the flag, however there was no mention of it in the actual race briefing and no threat of DQ. so i dont know what happened there, maybe a mix up?
lincoln

paul.j said...

A quick wrap up of the event from me.

. From there they should have all being Disqualified for not taking their boards to the flag where the caddies were ment to get them from. Rules should have been rules and everyone was told what to do!!

rahams
NSW, 544 posts
12 Mar 2012 7:42PM
Thumbs Up

TSJ said...

yep looking to fix any problems we had last year ,we will be posting all times on Noosa fest website and i will also ask them to put them on here.We will also have a special shoot for the finishers so make sure your time and number gets recorded.Woogie and i will be setting up the course similar to last year will shorten up the run leg a bit.Let us know if theres anything else that could be improved and i will pass it on.Sunshine coast airport are the major sponsor for the SUPs this year and it looks like we may get some waves for it, fingers crossed. See you all up here

Come on post some results!!

rahams
NSW, 544 posts
12 Mar 2012 9:48PM
Thumbs Up

rahams said...

TSJ said...

yep looking to fix any problems we had last year ,we will be posting all times on Noosa fest website and i will also ask them to put them on here.We will also have a special shoot for the finishers so make sure your time and number gets recorded.Woogie and i will be setting up the course similar to last year will shorten up the run leg a bit.Let us know if theres anything else that could be improved and i will pass it on.Sunshine coast airport are the major sponsor for the SUPs this year and it looks like we may get some waves for it, fingers crossed. See you all up here

Come on post some results!!

Please prove me wrong but it looks like same as last year

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
12 Mar 2012 7:00PM
Thumbs Up

OK I'm braced for the flogging.

However,I'm sick of hearing about how poorly sup events are held in a Longboard comp format,sure the run sounds like some kind of ironman event and the girls got duded again.

My question is,why cant you guy's and girls in the sup know get together with the organizers pre event and work something out the suites both parties

Head gear on

PS happy to take a hit for the sup team

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"Noosa 2012" started by rahams