Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

Northern Mentawais MV Addition trip 2013

Created by stimo > 9 months ago, 11 Aug 2013
stimo
WA, 874 posts
11 Aug 2013 6:25PM
Thumbs Up

Just a few shots

of what we all hooked into waves of a life time great boat and crew .

The mother ship or as we called her the death ship by the end 💊💊💉💉

Rog about to lay one down

Galvo had this place on a string till time caught up with him he was in there for a while till he got bucked off this smoken right hander 3 people out got to love that

ChrisClarke1
VIC, 227 posts
11 Aug 2013 8:32PM
Thumbs Up

Best boat, best place!

How's the Captain going with learning how to sup, and has he looked after my Ke Nalu paddle I left with him??

roggoodwin
WA, 232 posts
11 Aug 2013 6:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ChrisClarke1 said..
Best boat, best place!

How's the Captain going with learning how to sup, and has he looked after my Ke Nalu paddle I left with him??

We had a heap of new gear for Dicko to try out, he is a natural we had him smokin a Pocket rocket and 9.0 pro, he loved it and was even suping switch foot.

stimo
WA, 874 posts
11 Aug 2013 6:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ChrisClarke1 said..

Best boat, best place!

Dickson is hooked stroked into some good ones on the 8/5 starboard Yep your paddle still in good shape he just needs to work out how to hold it on the wave

surf4fun
WA, 1313 posts
11 Aug 2013 7:03PM
Thumbs Up

Was checking out Galvo's photos today, looked like you guys absolutely SCORED! Can't wait to hear some of the stories and check out even more photos.

ChrisClarke1
VIC, 227 posts
11 Aug 2013 9:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
stimo said...
ChrisClarke1 said..

Best boat, best place!

Dickson is hooked stroked into some good ones on the 8/5 starboard Yep your paddle still in good shape he just needs to work out how to hold it on the wave

Stoked to hear Dicko is loving it, I can't wait to get back over there in the future. He has the best boat out in the islands and a great crew. Stoked you had a great time!!

Danny Lee
SA, 133 posts
11 Aug 2013 8:39PM
Thumbs Up

Can I ask what you took in the way of gear??
How many boards, leggies etc....

I see the ones advertised for around $2500 for 10 nights including airfares....wonder if they are in the same ball park?

Basha69
WA, 161 posts
11 Aug 2013 7:39PM
Thumbs Up

YOB Australia
WA, 169 posts
11 Aug 2013 7:51PM
Thumbs Up

I knew this was going to happen sooner or later, judging by that first photo, it's no wonder you all got so crook !!!!

By the way - NOT LISTENING - LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA ( just a bit jealous )

stimo
WA, 874 posts
11 Aug 2013 8:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Danny Lee said..

Can I ask what you took in the way of gear??
How many boards, leggies etc....

I see the ones advertised for around $2500 for 10 nights including airfares....wonder if they are in the same ball park?

We all took way to much gear 2 sups each 3to4 paddles each fins some of us took a surfboard as well it was a mission transporting gear and dragging it to the check ins This boat is full on 5 star travel the meals will blow your mind way too much food never went Hungry and beer could not get through it all this boat you are looking at about $4500 US dollars onwards plus flights and stop over accomodation In K L on way up and back
Would fork it out again tomorrow waves of a life time

Basha69
WA, 161 posts
11 Aug 2013 8:43PM
Thumbs Up

The surfboard rack converted well into a SUP rack. Think the longest board that travelled with us was 9'6 x 27 starboard all the rest were around 8'5 and Rogers 8'0. I surfed my starby 8'5pro the whole trip.

junoj
WA, 37 posts
11 Aug 2013 11:23PM
Thumbs Up

Great to see you guys having a ripper of a time can't wait to introduce the little one to sup!!!
Hopefully catch you guys soon to chat about it.

Goochi
WA, 846 posts
12 Aug 2013 12:27AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Basha69 said...

Whooah Basha, that's gotta go up on the wall at home!

Piros
QLD, 6995 posts
12 Aug 2013 9:12AM
Thumbs Up

Looked like an Epic trip , did well to score great uncrowded waves. How about some more pics very jealous.... The boat looks sick what were the main breaks you were surfing.

stimo
WA, 874 posts
12 Aug 2013 3:06PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Piros said..

Looked like an Epic trip , did well to score great uncrowded waves. How about some more pics very jealous.... The boat looks sick what were the main breaks you were surfing.

Epic for sure surfed one day with 4 surfers so many sup waves you just don't need to go to main surf spots when the swells around for sure here's a few more

Galvo busting one out

Dc8/8 warming up

Is it going to barrel?

Nope

Foam ball nice boat

stimo
WA, 874 posts
12 Aug 2013 7:14PM
Thumbs Up

So excited

Joe trying to snake me he got some absolute bombs

Tody off his TiTs (not just on this wave you know what I mean )😜

DC/8/0 firing up

It gets shallow somewhere round here

Sorry dale had to see what all the fuss was about (they go good too )

Galvo sticking it

Charlie don't surf Quote of the trip ( Apocalypse now) team joke sorry

Best surf trip ever lov u guys

Sorry if I am boring you 😄trying to beat DJ flat water paddle up load

Glassy

Piros
QLD, 6995 posts
13 Aug 2013 7:02AM
Thumbs Up

That does look like the best trip EVA some sick shots in there, ripping fellas, are you boys coming for the Aussies again this year ? Would be great to catch up.

roggoodwin
WA, 232 posts
13 Aug 2013 7:47AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Piros. Yeah most of the crew from the boat are coming over, looking forward to having a couple of beers, might not leave it till the last night like last year though that was a long drive back to Sydney.

Scotty Mac
SA, 2055 posts
13 Aug 2013 12:52PM
Thumbs Up

Nice one fellas. Thanks for the pics.

Piros
QLD, 6995 posts
13 Aug 2013 6:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
roggoodwin said..

Hi Piros. Yeah most of the crew from the boat are coming over, looking forward to having a couple of beers, might not leave it till the last night like last year though that was a long drive back to Sydney.

Yeah it was a tuff drive home for me as well , looking forward to it

Wezzy
WA, 221 posts
16 Aug 2013 5:07PM
Thumbs Up

Here are some more pics from our epic trip on Addiction!! Had to prove there was a few goofy footers on board!!

He

re

a

re

s

om

e

mo

re

p

ic

s

fr

om

o

ur

e

pi

stimo
WA, 874 posts
16 Aug 2013 6:07PM
Thumbs Up

About time some one else put some shots up do you guys work or something 😄how's that bomb stads took sick
And the Galvo drop in on him (I will take this one now ) 😃Wessy you got some smoken ones even when the camera wasn't out there but there in my mind whoops gone now 😃😜

krankiman
WA, 86 posts
17 Aug 2013 2:53AM
Thumbs Up

hey boys nice waves, i'm guessing photoshop???? lol... nothing compared to my polzeath uk waves..... lol... see you soon, fattest bastard.. lol

p.s. can now drink 100 beers per session... uk not bintang..., lol, see you maybe tuesday

Piros
QLD, 6995 posts
17 Aug 2013 11:04AM
Thumbs Up

Fark you guys scored big time , some sick shots in there.

jenkz
WA, 793 posts
17 Aug 2013 10:16AM
Thumbs Up

Transport mister?

20 sups
6 short boards
40 paddles in YOB bulk paddle bags.
Two thumbs up from driver "all good mate"

Basha69
WA, 161 posts
17 Aug 2013 10:43AM
Thumbs Up

stimo
WA, 874 posts
17 Aug 2013 1:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jenkz said..

Transport mister?

20 sups
6 short boards
40 paddles in YOB bulk paddle bags.
Two thumbs up from driver "all good mate"

Thanks to YOB Australia for the board and paddle bags even though the board bags are only for one board two fit super well i had a 8/0 and 8/8 and 6/2 surf board dragged mine all over the place just need some drag plates on the bottom tail and they will have it all covered .

roggoodwin
WA, 232 posts
17 Aug 2013 1:34PM
Thumbs Up

Some more shots to bore you.

Boston
WA, 12 posts
17 Aug 2013 2:14PM
Thumbs Up

few more

rodders67
NSW, 176 posts
17 Aug 2013 4:43PM
Thumbs Up

I am so jealous. What an awesome adventure.

stimo
WA, 874 posts
17 Aug 2013 4:54PM
Thumbs Up

Love that second last photo you in the background and the Galvo rescue again how's you back basher reef cuts cleaned up now ? Only a mother six guys photos to come sorry Laurie for the download power draw😄

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"Northern Mentawais MV Addition trip 2013" started by stimo