Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

Pacifica Event 3 is Set For Sunday 19/12

Created by WINDSURFnSNOW > 9 months ago, 18 Dec 2010
WINDSURFnSNOW
NSW, 1612 posts
Site Sponsor
18 Dec 2010 5:22PM
Thumbs Up

Kev is putting on Race 3 for the Race to Hawaii series tomorrow. No cost just a bonus race for those who didn't get to Coffs.

Short notice I know but it needs to be run to decide who gets the ticket to Hawaii and has to be run sooner rather than later.

Race is from Nth Av to Fisherman's at Collaroy, gathering at Nth Av carpark at 1.30pm for a 2pm water start.

Forecast is sweet with the bureau calling for 20-30 knot Northerlies. Good as we'll ever get in Sydney.

Beers on afterwards at the shop if you're keen to wind down.

Cheers,

Sam.

pmorgan1974
NSW, 1080 posts
18 Dec 2010 5:24PM
Thumbs Up

I may not be powering but I am In

Casso
NSW, 3768 posts
19 Dec 2010 12:13AM
Thumbs Up

Cool. I'm in. Conditions look great.

kissa
NSW, 523 posts
19 Dec 2010 7:50AM
Thumbs Up

I'm in. Straight north wind! Perfect conditions. Bring it on.

Pacifica
NSW, 68 posts
19 Dec 2010 9:27PM
Thumbs Up

And it was perfect.
So stoked that we were able to finish the series with conditions like that.
Well worth waiting for.
It was a great race, so cool cruising along on the oc 1 watching it unfold.
Sam and Andy took off real quick with Kissa in hot pursuit on an inside line.
Pete myer chose a wider line and it would have paid off on any other day but the wind was dead North at 25 35 knots and the straight line was the shortest route.
Sam won by a board length from Andy Pete 3rd Dave 4th Pete Morgan 5th
So Sam is off to Hawaii to race with Travis and Simon Bergin.
Im going to bed happy tonight.

Casso
NSW, 3768 posts
19 Dec 2010 10:44PM
Thumbs Up

Yep - perfect conditions. The best downwind run I've done. Some of the runs were just sooooo long. Epic.

Congratulations Sam - and thanks for the beers at the end, they went down a treat.

dtm
NSW, 1610 posts
20 Dec 2010 9:39AM
Thumbs Up

was one of the funnest runs i have ever done so much fun and everyone was just stoked to be there . Well done Sam kick arse in hawaii champ!
And they were the best beers ever

Pacifica
NSW, 68 posts
20 Dec 2010 11:56AM
Thumbs Up

pmorgan1974
NSW, 1080 posts
20 Dec 2010 2:08PM
Thumbs Up

for sure was one best conditions paddling that course i have had. albeit a little sore, super glad I paddled. No chance once I was up at nth av I wasn't going to paddle ha.

Well done Sammy, a well deserved win, and Dave K killed it on the fanatic 12'6 too. Great paddling mate.

kissa
NSW, 523 posts
20 Dec 2010 9:23PM
Thumbs Up

Great call from Kevy and the boys to line up at short notice. Best DW SUP I have had. Only had a few, but if it gets better than that it would have to be SUP HEAVEN.

During the post race beers there was talk of having waiting periods for races. Maybe easier said than done. But why not have the option of going Sunday if Saturday is looking dodgy. Saturday's conditions for the Twenty Beaches Surf Ski race were crap. If they were able to hold it up for a day they would have had the best conditions of the year. Given the accuracy of wind forecasts these days, I reckon it is a no-brainer.

I know there are photos out there. Hopefully they get posted.

By the way - are all you guys as tired and sore as I am?

Pacifica
NSW, 68 posts
20 Dec 2010 9:35PM
Thumbs Up

Pacifica
NSW, 68 posts
20 Dec 2010 9:39PM
Thumbs Up

pmorgan1974
NSW, 1080 posts
20 Dec 2010 11:23PM
Thumbs Up

kissa said...

Great call from Kevy and the boys to line up at short notice. Best DW SUP I have had. Only had a few, but if it gets better than that it would have to be SUP HEAVEN.

During the post race beers there was talk of having waiting periods for races. Maybe easier said than done. But why not have the option of going Sunday if Saturday is looking dodgy. Saturday's conditions for the Twenty Beaches Surf Ski race were crap. If they were able to hold it up for a day they would have had the best conditions of the year. Given the accuracy of wind forecasts these days, I reckon it is a no-brainer.

I know there are photos out there. Hopefully they get posted.

By the way - are all you guys as tired and sore as I am?

yes sore a definate..saw the chiro this morning and he said "you what ?" haha

Pacifica
NSW, 68 posts
21 Dec 2010 8:23AM
Thumbs Up

Well Kissa if you're muscles are sore noes the time to use the voucher, ha ha

kissa
NSW, 523 posts
21 Dec 2010 11:26AM
Thumbs Up

Hey Kevy, do you have any pictures of the last half of the race when the wind was really pumping?

kissa
NSW, 523 posts
22 Dec 2010 9:29AM
Thumbs Up

Nice line Casso. I think the rhumb line is a bees dick above 12km so you nailed it. Did you feel as though you had to cut back into the wind at the end or was it perfect?

Casso
NSW, 3768 posts
22 Dec 2010 9:50AM
Thumbs Up

kissa said...

Did you feel as though you had to cut back into the wind at the end or was it perfect?

Nup. Perfectly down wind the entire way.

dtm
NSW, 1610 posts
22 Dec 2010 12:53PM
Thumbs Up

Casso said...

kissa said...

Did you feel as though you had to cut back into the wind at the end or was it perfect?

Nup. Perfectly down wind the entire way.

yeah i took the same line as casso and was spot on down wind the whole epic

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"Pacifica Event 3 is Set For Sunday 19/12" started by WINDSURFnSNOW