QLD, 2030 posts
6 Jul 2012 12:39PM
Thumbs Up

S.I.C. Bullet 17'4" Version 2 SUP Race Board

PTWoody
VIC, 3982 posts
6 Jul 2012 12:50PM
Thumbs Up

Love the twin JM boards in the background at 1 minute.

Interesting what MR is saying around 4:30 - that the heavier construction is preferable according to some of his team riders especially in DW conditions due to inertia/momentum, ie once on the bump, it keeps on trucking so you glide longer, although the extra weight requires a little more effort to make the bump in the first place. This is something we were theorising about a while back and as I recall, smarter people than me disputed the point. So I'm interested to hear MR validate the point. He also suggests the heavier board will be less twitchy and nervous, which is interesting in context of boards like the Ace on big DW runs. Maybe the AST version is better than carbon for that purpose.

DavidJohn
VIC, 17452 posts
6 Jul 2012 1:03PM
Thumbs Up

Awesome..

DJ

akhawk
WA, 1085 posts
6 Jul 2012 11:17AM
Thumbs Up

Is the f16 still a popular board or is it now not as common with the bullet in production ?

Flounder
QLD, 137 posts
6 Jul 2012 1:19PM
Thumbs Up

He really seems to know his stuff! Is there any video of the new boards in action? About to take version 1 for it's second Kingscliff Gulch run in 2 days

DavidJohn
VIC, 17452 posts
6 Jul 2012 1:24PM
Thumbs Up

akhawk said...

Is the f16 still a popular board or is it now not as common with the bullet in production ?

I'm no expert but I think it is still very popular.. Pono Bill when from his Bullet to the F16.. It depends if you want to win races and be super fast.. or have fun.. stability.. and enjoy being out on the water catching bumps on a more forgiving type board... IMO..

DJ

angie pangi
QLD, 1779 posts
6 Jul 2012 4:12PM
Thumbs Up

Expect BIG things from SIC this year!! That's all i can say

XX angie

CMC
QLD, 3954 posts
6 Jul 2012 4:17PM
Thumbs Up

angie pangi said...

XX angie

Yes, I'd agree with that. That's all I can say as well.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
6 Jul 2012 8:20PM
Thumbs Up

well it's interesting for sure. i can see his point with the side stuff. a more stable board but with a lower rocker making it a bit harder to use is a bit confusing.

the v1 is just such a stable board in it's own right

the v1 tail that allows you to stand right back longer and without having to run back to the middle of board or risk dropping off is one of the great features of the v1 bullet.

for me, small long swells, high winds and a 17'4 bullet is a awesome combination

rager
QLD, 437 posts
6 Jul 2012 8:40PM
Thumbs Up

laceys lane said...

well it's interesting for sure. i can see his point with the side stuff. a more stable board but with a lower rocker making it a bit harder to use is a bit confusing.

the v1 tail that allows you to stand right back longer and without having to run back to the middle of board or risk dropping off is one of the great features of the v1 bullet.

for me, small long swells, high winds and a 17'4 bullet is a awesome combination

Fully SIC would you say?

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
6 Jul 2012 8:58PM
Thumbs Up

rager said...

laceys lane said...

Fully SIC would you say?

fully sic bro

Downwinder
QLD, 2030 posts
7 Jul 2012 6:18PM
Thumbs Up

akhawk said...

The f16 is still the number one Downwind board for maliko or in winds of 25knots or more.

Downwinder
QLD, 2030 posts
7 Jul 2012 6:22PM
Thumbs Up

angie pangi said...

XX angie

Mark has asked me to scot for him in Australia, looking for a good paddler to sponsor paddle his 12'6''ers I'v been hanging with mark all day maliko was nuking this arvo BULK FUN

Downwinder
QLD, 2030 posts
7 Jul 2012 6:25PM
Thumbs Up

laceys lane said...

I was standing as far back as I could on my custom 17'6'' I'v got the Eva Pad extended all the way to the tail the further I stood back the faster the Bullet wanted to go. Dave Kalama is riding a 18ft Bullet and Jamie Mitchell s riding a 17'4'' Bullet.

Scotty88
4214 posts
7 Jul 2012 4:44PM
Thumbs Up

Downwinder said...

angie pangi said...

XX angie

Mark has asked me to scot for him in Australia, looking for a good paddler to sponsor paddle his 12'6''ers I'v been hanging with mark all day maliko was nuking this arvo BULK FUN

It would be a pleasure to paddle the SIC brand in Oz DW, Just get Mark's people to contact my people and it's happy days.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
7 Jul 2012 8:00PM
Thumbs Up

Downwinder said...

laceys lane said...

I was standing as far back as I could on my custom 17'6'' I'v got the Eva Pad extended all the way to the tail the further I stood back the faster the Bullet wanted to go. Dave Kalama is riding a 18ft Bullet and Jamie Mitchell s riding a 17'4'' Bullet.

hey phil had a cracker today, south wind, burleigh start going northwards. will being checking that a lot more often for sure.

good luck

cheers

Downwinder
QLD, 2030 posts
8 Jul 2012 4:34AM
Thumbs Up

Scotty88 said...

Downwinder said...

angie pangi said...

XX angie

It would be a pleasure to paddle the SIC brand in Oz DW, Just get Mark's people to contact my people and it's happy days.

Mark Raaporst may be becoming to the Goldy April 2013 as I'm in talks with a company about doing a Charity Luncheon and SUP races = SUP comp, BOP, Downwind Race. I want want Mark to be one of the Guest speakers

Scotty88
4214 posts
8 Jul 2012 6:15AM
Thumbs Up

Downwinder said...

Scotty88 said...

Downwinder said...

angie pangi said...

XX angie

Mark Raaporst may be becoming to the Goldy April 2013 as I'm in talks with a company about doing a Charity Luncheon and SUP races = SUP comp, BOP, Downwind Race. I want want Mark to be one of the Guest speakers

There will be some Goldy signings for SIC for sure around that time or earlier.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"S.I.C. Bullet 17'4" Version 2 SUP Race Board" started by Downwinder