Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

SPSC Event - Sunday 14 Feb 2010

Created by Casso > 9 months ago, 6 Feb 2010
Casso
NSW, 3768 posts
6 Feb 2010 7:47PM
Thumbs Up

Sydney Paddle Surfing Club - Event #4 in the 2009/2010 season is on this Sunday : 14 Feb 2010.

We are back again at Long Reef Beach - setting up in front of the lagoon so we can find a nice quiet peak to surf and still utilize the lagoon for the races if needed.

Here is a rough schedule for the day:

- 7:30 am - Setup, competition entries accepted
- 8:00 am - Cut off for surfing competition entries, heats drawn up for surfing competition
- 8:20 am - Round one of surfing competition starts
- 10:00 am - Round two of surfing competition starts
- 11:00 am - Final of surfing competition starts
- 11:30 am - Women and junior divisions paddle race starts
- 12:00 pm - Open division paddle race starts
- 12:30 pm - Presentation

At the halfway mark through the season - everybody will be keen to increase their ranking in the annual pointscore so expect to see some big moves in the surfing and some fast paddling in the races.

New members more than welcome - there are still plenty of points left in the season to win yourself a great prize at the end of year presso.

Come on down and join the fun.

Casso
NSW, 3768 posts
10 Feb 2010 8:13AM
Thumbs Up

Oh, and the Red Bull girls will be there handing out free Red Bull. They have signed up to go in the Ladies race too - should be good to watch!

goatman
NSW, 2151 posts
10 Feb 2010 10:10AM
Thumbs Up

Speaking of a ladies event Casso. I am trying to convince my eldest daughter to go in the surf comp. Do you reckon any of your tribe would go in it so we could have a ladies heat - assuming Mel is coming?

jedijunglsno
NSW, 231 posts
10 Feb 2010 10:22AM
Thumbs Up

What an efficient and organised club this is. First updated posts from the club president, then follow up post from the vice president. Very impressed with your dedication and efficiency both of you!

Hey Casso, regarding the kids race, thinking of bringing my 10 year old nephew along ( unless it p1sses down all morning- not sure if he'd like that too much). Will there still be lollies for the kids? I know you said you're saving all the grown up's prizes for the end of year preso...

loco4olas
NSW, 1516 posts
10 Feb 2010 12:59PM
Thumbs Up

Casso any chance of getting demo days tied in with SPSC comp days?

I know there must be HEAPS of work for you anyway-just thought there'd be good synergy between the comp and the various SUP shops/importers/distributors etc. getting their gear down on the same days.

Casso
NSW, 3768 posts
10 Feb 2010 2:19PM
Thumbs Up

goatman said...

Speaking of a ladies event Casso. I am trying to convince my eldest daughter to go in the surf comp. Do you reckon any of your tribe would go in it so we could have a ladies heat - assuming Mel is coming?

Mrs Casso is keen too. I think we should run a female wild card heat - where the top performers get fast tracked to the second round of the main event. Give them a bit of experience amongst themselves and then a chance to mix it up with the boys. We should have enough girls to at least make up one heat.

goatman
NSW, 2151 posts
10 Feb 2010 2:21PM
Thumbs Up

Sweet, I will try and get one of my daughter's mates as well!

Casso
NSW, 3768 posts
10 Feb 2010 2:23PM
Thumbs Up

jedijunglsno said...

Hey Casso, regarding the kids race, thinking of bringing my 10 year old nephew along ( unless it p1sses down all morning- not sure if he'd like that too much). Will there still be lollies for the kids? I know you said you're saving all the grown up's prizes for the end of year preso...

We definitely are NOT disbanding the chocolate bars for the kids race. Anyone under 16 can race on the day without even joining the club - it's just that only paided up members get their points tallied in the annual pointscore.

Casso
NSW, 3768 posts
10 Feb 2010 2:28PM
Thumbs Up

loco4olas said...

Casso any chance of getting demo days tied in with SPSC comp days?

I know there must be HEAPS of work for you anyway-just thought there'd be good synergy between the comp and the various SUP shops/importers/distributors etc. getting their gear down on the same days.

Any of our club sponsors are totally welcome to display their wares at any of our events.

Any industry related companies wanting to sponsor the club can contact me to discuss the options.

WINDSURFnSNOW
NSW, 1612 posts
Site Sponsor
10 Feb 2010 3:16PM
Thumbs Up

Will have a good mix of kit on the beach for people to try out. Wave, entry level and race boards and paddles will be there. Pray for a bit of surf though.

Sam.

boylos
NSW, 769 posts
10 Feb 2010 3:38PM
Thumbs Up

Have a good one guys , I can't make it kids nippers, plus I'm back at work on light duties!

Boylos

dtm
NSW, 1610 posts
10 Feb 2010 9:17PM
Thumbs Up

i think a girls heat is a wonderful idea guys that will give them a go against one another so they dont have to mix it up with the wave hungrey guys!
can you all pray for some waves though i cant handle another 1 foot swell!!!!!!!!!!

goatman
NSW, 2151 posts
11 Feb 2010 10:38AM
Thumbs Up

My daughter Chloe sounds pretty keen, here's a shot of her when we were at Merimbula recently (about her 5th surf on a SUP)

pmorgan1974
NSW, 1080 posts
11 Feb 2010 12:15PM
Thumbs Up

WINDSURFnSNOW said...

Will have a good mix of kit on the beach for people to try out. Wave, entry level and race boards and paddles will be there. Pray for a bit of surf though.

Sam.

I know we need some waves...Got a few guys coming down hopefully. Will be a good day...Doing well to get there on valentines day though I have to say..

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"SPSC Event - Sunday 14 Feb 2010" started by Casso