Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

St Kilda's 2010 Australia Day Port Phillip Cup

Created by StKilda SUPB > 9 months ago, 14 Dec 2009
StKilda SUPB
VIC, 195 posts
14 Dec 2009 8:23PM
Thumbs Up

St Kilda's 2010 Australia Day Port Phillip Cup and Social Paddle is on again!
Tuesday 26th of January 2010 commencing at 10am.

$1,000 cash first prize for first over the line (maximum board length 12'6)!
Battle it out for the cash or cruize the 3km course to win $7,000 worth of awesome prizes from Sunlover Holidays, Naish, Oakley, Kialoa, SeaBreeze, Kahuna and many more! Lots of prizes given away randomly so no previous SUP experience necessary!

The activities commence at 10am at St Kilda Beach, Pier Road, St Kilda, Victoria.
$10 entry supporting two local organisations/charities - the St Kilda Life Saving Club and St Kilda Earthcare (who look after sick and injured penguins).

Additional knockout sprint races, 'board and pet' races, demo's and free clinics held throughout the day! Prizes for the best dressed paddler in the theme of 'Australia Day'!

Bring the family down for an action packed morning of Aussie fun and paddling! Stick around for Kite Republic's kite boarding race in the afternoon! And support Brendan and the SUPVIC boys by buying a snag and drink on the day!

For more info, check out updates on Seabreeze, www.supb.com.au or call us on
0416 184 994! Email info@supb.com.au

Mick, Phil, Rea and Spike

DavidJohn
VIC, 17460 posts
14 Dec 2009 11:25PM
Thumbs Up

Wow!.. That's bigger than Ben Hur..

It's great to see so many sponsors and such big prize money.

I think we (us Vic's) should be able to set some kind of SUP record for total SUP's on the water and numbers in a SUP race for this one.... I'm be there for sure.

Great pic Mike..

DJ

Bnaccas
VIC, 1722 posts
14 Dec 2009 11:39PM
Thumbs Up

Definately WOW! The SUP Bus guys said they had a SUPrise for the event but I never
thought it would be a $1000 prize money. Start training people. I like the idea of the
12'6" board limit. It will bring the field closer together.

Start training people!

Casso, I think you might need to come down for this one for the magazine and prize money.

Wizard
VIC, 47 posts
15 Dec 2009 12:15PM
Thumbs Up

$1,000 first prize!!!
No Christmas pudding for me then, time to shape up!

I'll make the treck down the highway for sure.

Not sure if i'd beat some of the top guys in the sprint so I might have to dress up as Ned Kelly to win the fancy dressed Australia Day theme!

Lobes
885 posts
15 Dec 2009 10:03AM
Thumbs Up

Well I hope you have a nice stable board because you aint swimming far with a Ned Kelly suit on.

BWDave
VIC, 239 posts
16 Dec 2009 8:23AM
Thumbs Up

Fantastic, I am in training. And so is my dog

DavidJohn
VIC, 17460 posts
16 Dec 2009 9:00AM
Thumbs Up

It's going to be a great event for sure.

DJ

OG SUP
VIC, 3516 posts
16 Dec 2009 9:37AM
Thumbs Up

Hey Mick and Phil,

Sounds like fun and a picnic is in order for the whole tribe.

The jungle drums are working, I believe you will have quite a few make the trek up the highway.

I wanna see Master Yoda, Adam, Lummers etc mix it up with JC, DJ, BWDave etc.

Has the makings of the "SUP Grande Prix" or maybe SUP OFF at the OK Corral

Phill

Casso
NSW, 3768 posts
16 Dec 2009 11:34AM
Thumbs Up

Bnaccas said...

Casso, I think you might need to come down for this one for the magazine and prize money.

Ahhh - issue #2 of the mag is being distributed to newsagents that week so I'm going to be flat out. It would have been great fun to get down there for it though.

I'll have to get somebody to cover the day's activities for a story in issue #3 (a special flatwater/race issue).

champcrow
SA, 804 posts
16 Dec 2009 12:57PM
Thumbs Up

Casso said...

Bnaccas said...

Ahhh - issue #2 of the mag is being distributed to newsagents that week so I'm going to be flat out. It would have been great fun to get down there for it though.

I'll have to get somebody to cover the day's activities for a story in issue #3 (a special flatwater/race issue).

Hey Casso wiil we be able to order one online again?

StKilda SUPB
VIC, 195 posts
16 Dec 2009 9:15PM
Thumbs Up

Good work Phill! The more coming down the highway the better! Would love to see all those guys going head to head in the 3km sprint.

Hope Kristy's training hard! The glide's all hers for the day!

Mick

REA07
NSW, 116 posts
18 Dec 2009 7:33PM
Thumbs Up

Wahoo! It's going to be great fun.
Hoping to see some more girls getting out there and having a go as well. So bring your girlfriends, mothers, wives etc. That way we can team up and really take on the guys for the big prize money

streetsup
VIC, 58 posts
18 Dec 2009 8:28PM
Thumbs Up

Forget the cash prize, anyone can win cash. You can get cash anywhere. [}:)]

You could win the Kahuna Street SUP gear prize and enjoy the most fun you can have on land with a big stick in your hands and a board under your feet.

www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=59385

REA07
NSW, 116 posts
19 Dec 2009 10:01AM
Thumbs Up

I was counting on SANTA for one of those! Rad fun. Love em.

StKilda SUPB
VIC, 195 posts
25 Dec 2009 7:15PM
Thumbs Up

Another couple of new contenders for the Pet and Board Race for the Port Phillip Cup, Australia Day 26 Jan 2010 at St Kilda!

DJ, we will have to get you a dog for the day!

LSD
VIC, 763 posts
25 Dec 2009 10:08PM
Thumbs Up

Pet race hey.....
I have a pet frog......can I duct tape him to the nose?
Or Jarrod has a pet Rat....they like water

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"St Kilda's 2010 Australia Day Port Phillip Cup" started by StKilda SUPB