Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

Star-board Demo Day at Cronulla 11th Dec 2010.

Created by surfanimal > 9 months ago, 11 Dec 2010
surfanimal
NSW, 1643 posts
11 Dec 2010 10:59PM
Thumbs Up

Took some photo's of the Star-board SUP range at 'The Windsock' Cronulla this morning. Thought I'd share.

Some neat boards, nice guys and beautiful day.

brownie49
NSW, 100 posts
12 Dec 2010 3:53PM
Thumbs Up

Went down yesterday to have a go on a diferent board and to get a feel for a shorter board which I want to get (riding 11'6")

Took the 9'8" out and paddling for the 1st wave i miscue and fall off, legs going one way and the body the other.... Crack in the knee...oh sh@#

Result is straight in, return board and found the footy guys who I bludged some ice off and iced until my son got out of the water then straight home for more ice and elevation

Pain gets worse, cant find my fizzio, off to hospital and then back home with no conclusion...Off to ortho on Tues with an unknown outlook...

Cant do jack about it but geez, you gotta wonder sometimes, been back in the ocean for 6 months after almost 2 years out due to some issues and then a shoulder operation...

Not whinging, I just wanna say make the most of every opportunity you get to be in the water, you never know when it might suddenly stop

The guys at the demo were nice, just a shame I couldnt have some fun on their boards

surfanimal
NSW, 1643 posts
12 Dec 2010 7:22PM
Thumbs Up

That sux bro. Sorry to hear.

My personal opinion is that they suit longer shapes for gliding and cruising and if it's 3 foot plus snap out your surfboard and go surfing, SUP's have no place in the lineup at anything over chest high.

That'll bring some argument but it's just what I and most in the water think. They are 'fun in the sun' boards and shouldn't be taken too seriously or used in any type of serious surf.

Stick to the 11'6 + and just enjoy the stoke.

....and get well !

petemc
VIC, 352 posts
12 Dec 2010 7:46PM
Thumbs Up

Wait for it. I think you just opened a can of worms

surfanimal
NSW, 1643 posts
12 Dec 2010 7:57PM
Thumbs Up

Didn't someone say the other week that the forums were getting boring ?

Maybe not now - LOL.

There's 3 distinct groups on this forum.

Vicco guys primarily stuck in Melbourne riding Bay's & Rivers, the Sydney Comp Heads and the Gold Coast DW crew although I'll give Jacko, Angie etc kudos for seemingly ripping on anything they choose but primarily it's just plain bloody boring and in need of some shaking up.

Let's have an aside to Mambo where we have a sub 7 foot shortboard heat in waves overhead, a longboard heat in knee to chest high peelers, a SUP heat in crap waves as that's when they are fun, a DW race with the afternoon seabreeze kicking us along and a flat water race, accumulate points and get an overall rating on all events and see who's who.

Anyway, just my dream......I love my SUP's but we gotta be serious about when, where and why.

Game on.....although, I don't get many replies to posts so it might just fall by the wayside. LOL.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"Star-board Demo Day at Cronulla 11th Dec 2010." started by surfanimal