Created by tassiesup > 9 months ago, 25 Nov 2012
2MT
TAS, 585 posts
11 Dec 2013 11:57PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
riverider said..

ockanui said..

Yes it was a disappointing turnout of Tassie Suppers up at the Nationals, sorry to read about the lack of support you guys got, but I tell you, the bloke who was there was everywhere, he had it all covered from being Team Manager to the sole competitor and Representative of the apple Isle to drink'n the beers at the Currumbin club, man he had it covered....

2MT has been chasing surfing tas for a while for some $ they owe him, jokingly I told him the president had used that for beer money at the nationals, sounds like I was spot on.

I'm sure our administrators are
good people, deep down, and
they're repentant, and they won't
do it again.

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
12 Dec 2013 8:17AM
Thumbs Up

Can see some red faces coming up for surfing Tas if old mate turns up this weekend and has his butt kicked by the Carlton river crew . Go boys .

Especially when the current Tassie champ is from the northwest ,

Some of the boys in the northwest have really improved since last years comp so it will be on for next year .

2MT
TAS, 585 posts
12 Dec 2013 7:45PM
Thumbs Up

You're right on the money TD.

But do you think the Carlton River Rats

are gunna roll over without a fight.

I don't think so .. it's gunna get tribal .. maaate

PBBRclub
TAS, 92 posts
13 Dec 2013 2:09PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tassiedevel said..
Can see some red faces coming up for surfing Tas if old mate turns up this weekend and has his butt kicked by the Carlton river crew . Go boys .
Especially when the current Tassie champ is from the northwest ,
Some of the boys in the northwest have really improved since last years comp so it will be on for next year .

TassieD, the winner of the "TassieSUP Wniter Classic" might be from the North West, but the over 40, over 50 and over 65 state champions are all from Park Beach Boardriders Club

billboard
QLD, 2816 posts
14 Dec 2013 5:38PM
Thumbs Up

riverider
TAS, 1097 posts
14 Dec 2013 7:18PM
Thumbs Up

saw that the other day billboard, I have only come across the boys in blue once while on a sup and that was on the way to stooges, I thought they might stop and have a word to me about a life jacket, but didn't even get a wave (hand) from them, will be interesting to see how hard they enforce it, usually they are pretty good down here and it just comes down to a bit of common sence.

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
14 Dec 2013 8:10PM
Thumbs Up

So simplifying it we have to wear a lifejacket unless surfing in a surf zone .

Attach a leg rope

And carry certain safety devices if more then 2 nm off shore ? Anyone know how far 2 nm is ?

Good to hear from you Bill

RR hope you are pschyched up for a big one tomorrow . Any swell down that way ? Nothing here till about Wednesday according to the forecast .

riverider
TAS, 1097 posts
14 Dec 2013 8:54PM
Thumbs Up

Had a short board at cliffy today, looks like there will be a few waves, looks like Tyler is getting out his sup to and he's not afraid of any size, check this clip of him and give him a vote while your at it
www.intensesurfchallenge.com/riders/tyler-hollmer-cross/videos/clip-4-tyler-hollmer-cross#player

billboard
QLD, 2816 posts
15 Dec 2013 8:16AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tassiedevel said...
So simplifying it we have to wear a lifejacket unless surfing in a surf zone .

Attach a leg rope

And carry certain safety devices if more then 2 nm off shore ? Anyone know how far 2 nm is ?

Good to hear from you Bill

RR hope you are pschyched up for a big one tomorrow . Any swell down that way ? Nothing here till about Wednesday according to the forecast .

1.85 kms TD.

billboard
QLD, 2816 posts
15 Dec 2013 8:19AM
Thumbs Up

I would say that anywhere within 100 metres of a beach is a "surfzone" down here so even a paddle to stooges wouldnt require a pfd IMO.

riverider
TAS, 1097 posts
15 Dec 2013 8:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
billboard said..

I would say that anywhere within 100 metres of a beach is a "surfzone" down here so even a paddle to stooges wouldnt require a pfd IMO.

Bit hard to convince anyone that you are going for a surf when you are on the way to stooges, most people think we are crazy going over there and there is noway there would be anything to surf, but we know better, don't we Bill

PBBRclub
TAS, 92 posts
16 Dec 2013 6:05PM
Thumbs Up

We managed to run a couple of rounds of the club championship yesterday, the junior sups of jarred and Tyler managed to take out 1st and 2nd in both rounds, with riverider, Skeghead and sea hippy pushing them all the way, I can see Park Beach Boardriders Club dominating the TassieSUP Winter Classic in 2014 with the new blood coming through and been pushed hard by the more seasoned competitors

Looks like the jimmy lewis stungun was the board of choice at the Mecca bowl yesterday.

bigman
QLD, 226 posts
16 Dec 2013 6:47PM
Thumbs Up

Who owns the red JL?

riverider
TAS, 1097 posts
17 Dec 2013 8:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bigman said..

Who owns the red JL?

That would be the ding dr, he was so blown away with the way I am ripping it up now days on my stun gun that he just had to have 1

bigman
QLD, 226 posts
17 Dec 2013 10:10PM
Thumbs Up

Ummm.... ok RR

PBBRclub
TAS, 92 posts
26 Dec 2013 8:56PM
Thumbs Up

DING DING round 2

After a great first round, round 2 is almost upon us, if you are worried about not getting value for money we had a few guys that managed to surf the open shortboard, mal & sup all for the one entry fee, so no need to restrict yourself to the one surfcraft, bring the full quiver or borrow

While your there bring some extra $ to order yourself one of the "Park Beach Boardriders Club" t shirts or if your in trouble because you may have given a loved one a dud Christmas pressie why not get one for them, Mother's Day is just round the corner

And check out the indepth pre comp interview here from round one.

.be&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DYoqKcbP_HMQ%26feature%3Dyoutu.be

2MT
TAS, 585 posts
28 Dec 2013 10:45PM
Thumbs Up

VERY impressed PARK BEACH BOARDRIDERS

wish I was there

PBBRclub
TAS, 92 posts
5 Jan 2014 7:27PM
Thumbs Up

Where else would you want to be next Sunday

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
5 Jan 2014 9:51PM
Thumbs Up

Northwest board riders after a couple of earlier cancellations due to poor surf , ran there 1st comp of the year at Devonport Staurday morning . Congratulations to all those that attended .

Hanging out for summer to arrive up in the northwest . Had a paddle this afternoon in 3/2 steamer / vest / booties and gloves , with sleet , rain , wind . . it is January isn't it

PBBRclub
TAS, 92 posts
9 Jan 2014 8:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
PBBRclub said..

Where else would you want to be next Sunday

2MT
TAS, 585 posts
11 Jan 2014 12:03AM
Thumbs Up

WISH I WAS THERE

HOPE IT GOES WELL

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE REPORT

AND THE PRE-COMP INTERVIEWS

PBBRclub
TAS, 92 posts
13 Jan 2014 5:11PM
Thumbs Up

No pre comp interviews this time, but we do have a pic of the crew minus a few.
Results were

1.baby sup
2.riverider
3.skeghead
4.surfing tas
5.seahippy

Surf was very marginal but waves were caught, another great day on the beach, bring on round three

2MT
TAS, 585 posts
13 Jan 2014 8:03PM
Thumbs Up

Good to see the winner
using a Watersport TAS
"bamboo tapa" paddle.

()

PBBRclub
TAS, 92 posts
15 Jan 2014 2:42PM
Thumbs Up

after 3 rounds the rankings are

1.Baby Sup
2.Riverider
3.Skeghead
4.Seahippy
5.X Sup
6.Surfing Tas

Warriyu
WA, 2 posts
20 Jan 2014 1:36PM
Thumbs Up

Hey guys,

Just in Hobart for couple weeks taking short holiday. I live in SUP deprived Kimberley region of WA and KEEN as mustard to hit Clifton or Goats to blow off cobwebs. I was lead to believe Red Herring or Jay Sails may hire me a SUP but neither appear to do this anymore. Particularly sweet conditions forecast on Wednesday morn and am desperate before going back north for 12 months!

Any ideas appreciated.

riverider
TAS, 1097 posts
20 Jan 2014 8:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Warriyu said..

Hey guys,

Just in Hobart for couple weeks taking short holiday. I live in SUP deprived Kimberley region of WA and KEEN as mustard to hit Clifton or Goats to blow off cobwebs. I was lead to believe Red Herring or Jay Sails may hire me a SUP but neither appear to do this anymore. Particularly sweet conditions forecast on Wednesday morn and am desperate before going back north for 12 months!

Any ideas appreciated.

You could try "hobart stand up paddle & surf" 0421 784 001

Warriyu
WA, 2 posts
22 Jan 2014 1:49PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks very much guys.

Jules sorted me out for a board but looks like Ive fallen over on roof rack situation. Don't suppose anyone has cheap bars to suit either a territory or a captiva?

Thanks very much anyway and if doesn't turn out will be more organized next trip.

Cheers,

riverider
TAS, 1097 posts
22 Jan 2014 5:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Warriyu said..
Thanks very much guys.
Jules sorted me out for a board but looks like Ive fallen over on roof rack situation. Don't suppose anyone has cheap bars to suit either a territory or a captiva?
Thanks very much anyway and if doesn't turn out will be more organized next trip.
Cheers,

you should be able to get a sup in a territory i would have thought ?
lay the front seat right back on stick the nose in the foot well.

oldsup
QLD, 87 posts
23 Jan 2014 7:29AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Everyone
We are coming to Tassie next month bringing our ULIs . Looking at doing the west coast is there any special sup areas we should make sure we do. We are not into surfing big waves mainly touring.
Thanks in advance
John

tassiesup
TAS, 477 posts
23 Jan 2014 2:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
oldsup said..
Hi Everyone
We are coming to Tassie next month bringing our ULIs . Looking at doing the west coast is there any special sup areas we should make sure we do. We are not into surfing big waves mainly touring.
Thanks in advanceJohn

send 2MT a pm, he works on the rivers up the west coast and will know all the best spots

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"Tassie Talk" started by tassiesup