Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

The Australia Day Port Phillip Cup 26 January 2011

Created by StKilda SUPB > 9 months ago, 20 Dec 2010
StKilda SUPB
VIC, 195 posts
20 Dec 2010 9:17PM
Thumbs Up

Hi guys and gals,
The St Kilda SUP Australia Day Port Phillip Cup and Social Paddle is back on for the third year running. Lock in 26th of January 2011, registration opens at 0800 hours with the main race to start at 0930 hours. Lots of prizes on offer as like last year!

The following races and events will feature:

1. St Kilda SUP 3km Sprint Race - $1,000 cash first prize (other prizes of course for placegetters - Cam Hosking is the raining champ)
2. The 50 metre G'Board SUP Sprint Race (Won by Lummers)
3. The 50 metre G'Board SUP team challenge-made up of 4 people with at least 1 female (won last year by Kristi Page, JC, DJ and Lummers)
4. The famous Board and Pet Race is back on - bring your dog, cat, bird, rabbit or dress you or your child up as an animal - please no pet Ants this year! (won by Ricky the wonder dog and his owner Mike)
5. The Womens Demo
6. Best dressed award in the theme of Australia Day (won by PT Woody last year)

Two categories for the main race:
- 12'6 and under (winner will receive the $1,000 cash, prizes for all placegettors) - Prizes also for under 18 male and female winners
- Over 12'6 Open Category (paddles and other prizes up for grabs)

The course will be pretty much the same as last year. Starting at St Kilda West Beach in front of the SUPBUS, out approx. 100 metres, then a hard left turn underneath St Kilda Pier to Brookes Jetty and return.

A SUP Board will also be on offer to win- this will be randomly drawn at the presentation at the conclusion of the event. You only need to register for one event to be in the running!
$10 entry of which all proceeds go to the St Kilda Life Saving Club and Earthcare St Kilda (who look after sick and injured penguins).

More annoucements with sponsors, prizes etc in the near future! Kite Republic will be running their Kite Boarding Port Phillip Cup straight after ours so stick around for the Kiting event.

Merry Christmas to everyone and a safe new year.

Mick, Phil and Rea

PTWoody
VIC, 3982 posts
20 Dec 2010 9:53PM
Thumbs Up

Locked in. Can't wait.

OG SUP
VIC, 3516 posts
20 Dec 2010 10:01PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Guys,

Cant wait, was an awesome day last year, the Kids are still raving about the fun they had.

Nikita just said remind DJ that I beat him to the beach last year (You made a little girls day DJ)

Next to Mambo / Corona this is my favourite event of the year!

DavidJohn
VIC, 17460 posts
20 Dec 2010 10:25PM
Thumbs Up

I'll be there again for sure..

Hey Phill.. Tell Nikita that I'm looking forward to seeing her and her sisters again at the next ADPPC..

Also Phill.. Tell Dean to bring that big 20'er again and remember it's just a fun-run type race for us old farts..

I'm looking forward to seeing Matt, Cam, Dave and Hock going at it and also hope Sue and Danny can make it again.

Let's hope Summer really kicks in here by then.. .. Here's a vid from last years race.

Poor Kristi got taken out in the first few seconds.. I'm sure next time will be different.

DJ

camo hosk
VIC, 613 posts
20 Dec 2010 10:49PM
Thumbs Up

Locked in here to Mick,

some great pics from last year there Phill,

but all I've got for the 12'6 class is the old 9'6 SurfShapes,
going to be an uphill battle for me.

OG SUP
VIC, 3516 posts
20 Dec 2010 11:26PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Camo,

What board do you want?

I'm sure something can be arranged

DJ if its flat I might fun run the Vortice,

But I have been told the Fanatic is off limits

[}:)]

Phill

REA07
NSW, 116 posts
23 Dec 2010 7:25PM
Thumbs Up

Yeeew, can't wait. It will be hard to beat last years event, as the weather was perfect. Here's hoping we can get the same again.. see you all there!!

Ali Cat
QLD, 1205 posts
23 Dec 2010 8:55PM
Thumbs Up

Anyone got a spare 12'6 they could lend me for the day? Might fly down if I can find a board to use.

DavidJohn
VIC, 17460 posts
23 Dec 2010 10:33PM
Thumbs Up

Ali Cat said...

Anyone got a spare 12'6 they could lend me for the day? Might fly down if I can find a board to use.

Ali, I'll make sure there's a board here for you to use.

DJ

OG SUP
VIC, 3516 posts
23 Dec 2010 10:46PM
Thumbs Up

Agree with DJ,

Ali we'll find you a board

Phill

Ali Cat
QLD, 1205 posts
24 Dec 2010 10:03AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks DJ and Phill, see you there.

aussiewahine
QLD, 798 posts
27 Dec 2010 9:27AM
Thumbs Up

DavidJohn said...

and also hope Sue and Danny can make it again.

Hey DJ. Just read your post. We won't be coming down this year. The school year starts earlier this year and we will be busy getting them settled into school. It was so much fun last year and we loved everyones hospitality. Maybe next year.

StKilda SUPB
VIC, 195 posts
10 Jan 2011 1:22PM
Thumbs Up

Check out some more info on the Port Phillip Cup on Wednesday 26 January 2011 at St Kilda West Beach and the course outline (thanks PTWoody)

Due to a life saving event on at St Kilda Beach, we have had to extend the distance slightly to roughly 3.4km.

First prize for over the line is now a Fanatic 12'6 Fly Race (valued at $1899)!
Just to confirm the categories and prizes for the main race:

12'6 and under - Major prize is the Fanatic board for first over the line. Prizes for all placegettors in male and female categories. Also, we have recognised the junior champs coming up through the SUP ranks. Now a prize each for under 18 male and female winner.

Over 12'6 - prize each for first over the line male and female.

Don't forget the The 50 metre G'Board SUP Sprint Race, the famous Board and Pet Race and the Women's Demo. Also, The 50 metre G'Board SUP team challenge (made up of 1 female and 3 males) has now been changed to the Kahuna and G'Board SUP Biathlon. One member must complete a short course on the Kahuna Street SUP before all the group proceed to the water to complete a 50m SUP Sprint Race on the G'Board!

So show your Aussie Spirit and dress up in your Australia Day finest!

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"The Australia Day Port Phillip Cup 26 January 2011" started by StKilda SUPB