Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

The Doctor 2012 Race video - Up now

Created by rambooc1 > 9 months ago, 29 Jan 2012
rambooc1
QLD, 326 posts
29 Jan 2012 5:26PM
Thumbs Up

Includes SUP start, first couple of mins, midway, Connor and Sam near the finish and an interview with Connor after the race.

Dean Gardiner had high praise for Sam and Connor being less than 60mins behind the top oceanskis, awesome effort was his exact words (in the video).

OceanPaddler World Series & Ocean Sports Media production of the 2012 Doctor Ocean Race. Widely considered as a mini Molokai, the race from Rottnest Island to Sorrento mainland is named after the Fremantle Doctor, a wind the blows most afternoons predominantly S-SW at 20kts plus. This year the world best paddlers are battling for not only a win, but Series Points for the OceanPaddler World Series. Clint Robinson is back for for another crack after dominating in 2009, in his way however is defending champ Tim Jacobs and an ocean of elite paddlers all wanting to pull on the white Doctor gown.

SUP was well represented this year with Connor Baxter and Sam Parker battling right to the line and Annabel Anderson well in front of Terrene Black and Alison Fullagar for the ladies.

hilly
WA, 7323 posts
29 Jan 2012 3:33PM
Thumbs Up

Great production Rambo Nicely shot

DavidJohn
VIC, 17461 posts
29 Jan 2012 6:53PM
Thumbs Up

Awesome... Thanks Rambo..

DJ

supbelly
WA, 384 posts
29 Jan 2012 4:47PM
Thumbs Up

soooooo rideing boat wakes????? Is that fair??

kissa
NSW, 523 posts
29 Jan 2012 10:00PM
Thumbs Up

Great job as usual Rambo. It was such a nice production my wife even watched it and she couldn't care less about paddle races. Nice words from Deano acknowledging the SUPs. Thanks mate!

Ali Cat
QLD, 1205 posts
29 Jan 2012 9:12PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Rambo, great stuff.

Those skis make it look so much easier than it felt out there!

supa
NSW, 249 posts
29 Jan 2012 10:38PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the vid, well done to all, wow Sam.... Keeping up with Conner is a big deal, awesome!!

akhawk
WA, 1085 posts
29 Jan 2012 7:57PM
Thumbs Up

supbelly said...

Someone brought that point up regarding the sups in the surf ski forum asking the same question.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
29 Jan 2012 10:14PM
Thumbs Up

akhawk said...

supbelly said...

Someone brought that point up regarding the sups in the surf ski forum asking the same question.

would you care to post that link if its possible.

akhawk
WA, 1085 posts
29 Jan 2012 8:18PM
Thumbs Up

laceys lane said...

akhawk said...

supbelly said...

The question was asked referring specifically to this race but no responses.
www.surfski.info/forum/1-general/9611-wash-riding-in-sup-men-14.html

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
29 Jan 2012 10:40PM
Thumbs Up

akhawk said...

laceys lane said...

akhawk said...

supbelly said...

hilly
WA, 7323 posts
29 Jan 2012 8:53PM
Thumbs Up

akhawk said...

supbelly said...

The only bumps in the race were boat wakes. Lead ski due to all the boats around him got the most. Only a small percentage would help if my experience from last year was anything to go by. Bloody rescue skis kept zipping past were a pain I think I fell off about 60 times

With good dw conditions it would be irrelevant.

rager
QLD, 437 posts
29 Jan 2012 11:10PM
Thumbs Up

laceys lane said...

akhawk said...

laceys lane said...

akhawk said...

supbelly said...

supbelly
WA, 384 posts
29 Jan 2012 9:19PM
Thumbs Up

I wasn't talking about the SUPs.. It was clear on the vidio that the skis were riding it.. I agree with Hilly in good conditions it wouldn't make much difference.. But that was far from good conditions.. At any rate I will never be up the front so for me it makes no difference..

I really liked the vid, very well filmed and put together

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
30 Jan 2012 7:06AM
Thumbs Up

Piros
QLD, 6996 posts
30 Jan 2012 9:51AM
Thumbs Up

Nice job Rambo , how was the the wake carnage from the camera boat at the start of each division.[}:)]

rambooc1
QLD, 326 posts
21 Mar 2012 3:52PM
Thumbs Up

Piros said...

Nice job Rambo , how was the the wake carnage from the camera boat at the start of each division.[}:)]

yep, glad it wasn't from my camera boat.
You will see me close but never interfering...although Andy might query that..his SUP ran into the back of a SLSA rubber duck prop i was on at NSW race last year. 2 kid hoons were driving the duck, didn't follow my instruction, to busy chatting.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"The Doctor 2012 Race video - Up now" started by rambooc1