Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

The Greatest 12'6 All Rounder Ever

Created by laceys lane > 9 months ago, 6 Sep 2012
laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
6 Sep 2012 5:15PM
Thumbs Up

just got this day. i had demoed it, however today i paddled it up the ck against a howling onshore wind. turned around at the hwy bridge and bang. literally dw ed it to the boat ramp.

no other board has done that for me. and such a well balanced board to boot

looks like more sic bullet magic

some crappy phone camera shots

ps disc- all the usual denials. the title may or may not be true

towball
4627 posts
6 Sep 2012 3:25PM
Thumbs Up

Come on lacey were's the barbeque sweet looking board mate , snapper tomorrow then

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
6 Sep 2012 5:27PM
Thumbs Up

towball said...

Come on lacey were's the barbeque sweet looking board mate , snapper tomorrow then

bbq- that's so yesterday

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
6 Sep 2012 5:30PM
Thumbs Up

laceys lane said...
bbq- that's so yesterday

So are milk crates

Scotty88
4214 posts
6 Sep 2012 3:38PM
Thumbs Up

No BBQ no interest. Where's your commitment LL ?
Tell us about the best fins for this board.
Off to the snow buggy room with those pics.

towball
4627 posts
6 Sep 2012 3:42PM
Thumbs Up

You know the rules mate no more green room for you

laceys lane said...

towball said...

bbq- that's so yesterday

BulldogPup
6657 posts
6 Sep 2012 5:28PM
Thumbs Up

ah Lacey , there's better ways to hint that we have to get you a barbie for xmas - nice board mate

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
6 Sep 2012 7:44PM
Thumbs Up

BulldogPup said...

ah Lacey , there's better ways to hint that we have to get you a barbie for xmas - nice board mate

what i need to get is a camera

ShireSUP
NSW, 982 posts
6 Sep 2012 7:52PM
Thumbs Up

Gotta agree Lacy, mate bought one and I paddled it a little way yesterday and its super responsive, got me thinking about board weight as opposed to rider weight.....

Scotty88
4214 posts
6 Sep 2012 5:56PM
Thumbs Up

ShireSUP said...

Gotta agree Lacy, mate bought one and I paddled it a little way yesterday and its super responsive, got me thinking about board weight as opposed to rider weight.....

I knew when we started talking BBQ's you wouldn't be too far away Greg.

ShireSUP
NSW, 982 posts
6 Sep 2012 8:40PM
Thumbs Up

Scotty88 said...

ShireSUP said...

WHERES THE SAUSAGES.....................

towball
4627 posts
6 Sep 2012 6:51PM
Thumbs Up

Laceys want list , Sauages Camera barbaque Mctavish EVO II

ShireSUP said...

Scotty88 said...

ShireSUP said...

Scotty88
4214 posts
6 Sep 2012 7:01PM
Thumbs Up

ShireSUP said...

Scotty88 said...

ShireSUP said...

In the Eastern Suburbs of course.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
6 Sep 2012 10:01PM
Thumbs Up

Scotty88 said...

ShireSUP said...

I bet you would not find them at your kids school though - surely the sausage sizzle would be banned there ?

Scotty88
4214 posts
6 Sep 2012 8:32PM
Thumbs Up

Ted the Kiwi said...

Scotty88 said...

ShireSUP said...

I bet you would not find them at your kids school though - surely the sausage sizzle would be banned there ?

Nothing would surprize me these days Ted.

rager
QLD, 437 posts
6 Sep 2012 10:42PM
Thumbs Up

laceys lane said...

just got this day. i had demoed it, however today i paddled it up the ck against a howling onshore wind. turned around at the hwy bridge and bang. literally dw ed it to the boat ramp.

no other board has done that for me. and such a well balanced board to boot

looks like more sic bullet magic

some crappy phone camera shots

ps disc- all the usual denials. the title may or may not be true

I can't keep up...

ShireSUP
NSW, 982 posts
6 Sep 2012 10:43PM
Thumbs Up

Scotty88 said...

ShireSUP said...

Scotty88 said...

ShireSUP said...

I'll be there saturday!

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
6 Sep 2012 10:54PM
Thumbs Up

don't try, i don't

DavidJohn
VIC, 17434 posts
6 Sep 2012 11:10PM
Thumbs Up

Is it a DW board for a hobbit.. Could you use it for a BOP race.. Or is it a fat water race board.. There's nothing wrong with an all rounder.. but the problem it that they are often not 'really' good at anything... Don't mean to be negative.. Just saying.. It would be an awesome board for someone with limited storage space and only wants one board.

DJ

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
7 Sep 2012 7:36AM
Thumbs Up

DavidJohn said...

Is it a DW board for a hobbit.. Could you use it for a BOP race.. Or is it a fat water race board.. There's nothing wrong with an all rounder.. but the problem it that they are often not 'really' good at anything... Don't mean to be negative.. Just saying.. It would be an awesome board for someone with limited storage space and only wants one board.

DJ

another guy in jacko's crew is using it for bop training and it surprisingly fast and easy to use.richo is over the moon with the board

for me its a good surfing 12'6 and it going to kill it dw ing in our shorter period stuff ie like our ne wind runs we get mostly till christmas.

if anyone is going to get a 12'6 to dw really well its going to be 'sic'.

the volume and balance of the board is first class. it has that feel of a big bullet on waves and runs during testing

seriously its good board. if you are more ocean minded this is are very good option. imo it deserves to do well.

i consider bigger boards mostly better for dw ing but not all ways.

plus my solo runs require me to walk home with my board so a 12'6 suits me sometimes

angie pangi
QLD, 1779 posts
7 Sep 2012 8:46AM
Thumbs Up

Gonna be a cracker today Lacey! Can't wait :)

DavidJohn
VIC, 17434 posts
7 Sep 2012 8:50AM
Thumbs Up

It does look good.. How wide is it? I would rather use a board that shape on a DW'er than my 12'6" Glide.. But I'm thinking my 12'6" Glide shape might work better on flat water and even BOP stuff.. It would be great if one of the Vic shops got behind this brand.. I'd love to see them in person.. Do you know how much this 12'6" SIC board costs?

DJ

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
7 Sep 2012 7:10AM
Thumbs Up

Lacey let me know when your selling,I should have the coin next week around the time you list it

Have a nice UFO to trade

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
7 Sep 2012 9:20AM
Thumbs Up

62mac said...

Lacey let me know when your selling,I should have the coin next week around the time you list it

Have a nice UFO to trade

had the 17'4 bullet for a long time now. the longest i've had any board. make of that what you want mac

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
7 Sep 2012 10:29AM
Thumbs Up

Lacey that new board looks SIC

teatrea
QLD, 4177 posts
7 Sep 2012 2:00PM
Thumbs Up

What about this one

THE NAISH ONE
WELCOME TO THE NEXT GENERATION OF INFLATABLE STAND UP PADDLING!
The Naish ONE design is the perfect recreational touring board for paddlers of all ages, weights and skill levels. Featuring a refined performance outline, this board is fun, stable and unbelievably fast.
The Naish ONE is the ultimate all-around board and ideal for flatwater adventures, cruising with friends, recreational as well as competitive racing.
The Naish ONE design offers competition in an environment where one can buy a board with confidence, knowing that the design will remain unchanged, guaranteeing his investment and competitive future for years to come. It offers a level playing field where costs are limited.
The Naish ONE has the right length, width, and volume to be accessible, fun, and fast for paddlers of any ability or weight.
More info: www.naishsup.com/ONE

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
7 Sep 2012 6:39PM
Thumbs Up

DavidJohn said...

It does look good.. How wide is it? I would rather use a board that shape on a DW'er than my 12'6" Glide.. But I'm thinking my 12'6" Glide shape might work better on flat water and even BOP stuff.. It would be great if one of the Vic shops got behind this brand.. I'd love to see them in person.. Do you know how much this 12'6" SIC board costs?

DJ

dj i measured the board at 28.5". think they retail for about $2200

as you can see it then narrows out to the tall.

i got a chance to dw this board today from broadbeach to burleigh. ene swell, n winds so a lot of sideways stuff first up coming over the board, less of that in the middle and behind for the last bit.

i can say this no dw plodder . got lots of bumps and links. the take off speed on steep bumps is explosively fast- faster than the big bullet, faster then any thing i've been on.

i was thinking paddling out i should have put the fin back a bit. however at the speed the board takes off i went to ck this afternoon and put this fcs 9" hatchet in- feels good.

the spitfire fin to me didn't handle the speed and the surfing part.

very happy

footnote. i've all ways been a board junkie. but it's my business. if enough people don't like it then i wont post the boards.

i have 17'4 bullet, this 12'6 bullet and i'm getting the latest tweaked version of the 12'6 lahui kai that kelly paddled at the aussie titles 'bop' but mine will be 26 and 3/4 not 25" like kelly's. these newies have had the gun paddlers looking over the board with interest. a flatwater and bop hp racing machine. the lh crew have stuck to their guns, believed in the concept and truly have this board firing

i train with kelly's training crew. kelly suggested i paddled and dw 12'6's more to improve my over all paddling however it's taken some time to get to here. what kelly tells me is what i do. so the only bigger board i will have is the 17'4.

other people who have been good to me is dale chapman and jacko and angie from roar- thx's guys

cheers

JonathanC
VIC, 1021 posts
7 Sep 2012 6:58PM
Thumbs Up

Keep posting Lacey, they're just jealous

Good to hear your reasons for getting new boards, what you are trying and why.

Know what you mean about the big Bullet, I bought a second hand one on Maui and there were heaps of times I know I would have been getting onto waves more easily and be faster on my 14 Ace. But then the Bullet would constantly surprise me with its ability to accelerate so fast and be able to maintain momentum and a really high average speed. If that 12'6 accelerates faster than the 17'4 Bullet it must really be something. For me at the moment the 14 x 25 Ace and the 17'4 Bullet are the two 'magic' boards that can still blow me away with their refinement.

Seems to me that different lengths and board types will always have a certain water state and wind speed where they really shine.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
7 Sep 2012 7:15PM
Thumbs Up

JonathanC said...

Keep posting Lacey, they're just jealous

Good to hear your reasons for getting new boards, what you are trying and why.

Know what you mean about the big Bullet, I bought a second hand one on Maui and there were heaps of times I know I would have been getting onto waves more easily and be faster on my 14 Ace. But then the Bullet would constantly surprise me with its ability to accelerate so fast and be able to maintain momentum and a really high average speed. If that 12'6 accelerates faster than the 17'4 Bullet it must really be something. For me at the moment the 14 x 25 Ace and the 17'4 Bullet are the two 'magic' boards that can still blow me away with their refinement.

Seems to me that different lengths and board types will always have a certain water state and wind speed where they really shine.

yeah, that momentum and high average speed of the 17'4 bullet is so addictive. i find it best with the more spaced out conditions. love that loopy feel and the way it can go over and down the bump in front. sometimes in the right stuff i feel like im bludging

teatrea
QLD, 4177 posts
7 Sep 2012 7:44PM
Thumbs Up

Hey lacey do fins make much difference to race boards , as far as speed goes? Im finding my PSH 12,6 hard work at training maybee I should take the side fins out , would that make it glide a bit better?

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
7 Sep 2012 7:48PM
Thumbs Up

teatrea said...

Hey lacey do fins make much difference to race boards , as far as speed goes? Im finding my PSH 12,6 hard work at training maybee I should take the side fins out , would that make it glide a bit better?

yeah, for sure. all so i can bring and lend you that spitfire fin if you want. it's seems pretty fast when you have to make your own speed and i think would be ideal in the ck.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"The Greatest 12'6 All Rounder Ever" started by laceys lane