Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

The 'power balance' band - what are your thoughts

Created by Salatiela > 9 months ago, 22 Apr 2010
JB
NSW, 2232 posts
Site Sponsor
29 Apr 2010 10:54PM
Thumbs Up

ahh, but the dream is not to convince or convert!

A pushed cart will never run, but if the engine understands it fuel and accepts it energy, it will move!

Does a ball bounce off the ground, or is it the ground that pushes the ball back up??

JB

Lobes
885 posts
30 Apr 2010 7:49AM
Thumbs Up

Geez 6 pages in and all anyone has really discussed is IF powerbalance works.

Has anyone actually raised the issue HOW powerbalance works??

Come on then, all you true believers, hit me with the science. Tell me about the body frequency and explain how the powerbalance hologram is in tune with it or whatever.

If you cant make at least a token effort at this then your'e all just sheep following the power of suggestion

husq2100
QLD, 2031 posts
30 Apr 2010 11:21AM
Thumbs Up

i hear you have to go to Byron Bay and get you frequency tuned and oura aligned every 10000km to not void the warranty

jed
NSW, 188 posts
30 Apr 2010 11:24AM
Thumbs Up

JB said...

Does a ball bounce off the ground, or is it the ground that pushes the ball back up??

I think it's really cool how when trees move, it creates wind.

pmorgan1974
NSW, 1080 posts
30 Apr 2010 11:26AM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...

pmorgan1974 said...

doggie said...

Legion said...

You didn't say I was offensive, you said I was off-topic. OK then, strictly on topic:

Salatiela said...

Got one?

No.

Salatiela said...

heard about them?

Yes.

Salatiela said...

done the amazing test?

No .

Salatiela said...

what are your thoughts?

Absolute full-on hoax. I am sad that people believe the hoax and are so easily tricked. It makes me strongly question the intelligence of people that subscribe to such products and causes me to severely prejudge them. A bit like my thoughts on (most) organised religion .

Mr Morgan likes to pick on shortborders mate, I wouldnt worry.......

i suppose that means i like to pick on myself to doggie...odd

So you like to hang out with SUPers....odd

Try and picture this Doggie unless it is a stretch...Some one who has surfed short boards for more than 20 years and in recent years enjoys getting amongst it on a SUP too. Not a SUP'r, or a shortboarder....But A surfer

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
30 Apr 2010 11:41AM
Thumbs Up

pmorgan1974 said...

doggie said...

pmorgan1974 said...

doggie said...

Legion said...

You didn't say I was offensive, you said I was off-topic. OK then, strictly on topic:

Salatiela said...

Got one?

No.

Salatiela said...

heard about them?

Yes.

Salatiela said...

done the amazing test?

No .

Salatiela said...

what are your thoughts?

Absolute full-on hoax. I am sad that people believe the hoax and are so easily tricked. It makes me strongly question the intelligence of people that subscribe to such products and causes me to severely prejudge them. A bit like my thoughts on (most) organised religion .

Mr Morgan likes to pick on shortborders mate, I wouldnt worry.......

i suppose that means i like to pick on myself to doggie...odd

So you like to hang out with SUPers....odd

Try and picture this Doggie unless it is a stretch...Some one who has surfed short boards for more than 20 years and in recent years enjoys getting amongst it on a SUP too. Not a SUP'r, or a shortboarder....But A surfer

You do like to bite mr morgan

Salatiela
NSW, 378 posts
30 Apr 2010 5:33PM
Thumbs Up

gezz unleash the beast,

so if we've generated all this chatter for a multinational shall we ask them to donate something to a local rescue outfit say Westpac helicopter or Surf Life Saving Australia?

And no i have no connection with any of these outfits or Powerband.

Does anyone have any direct contact with these groups?

JB
NSW, 2232 posts
Site Sponsor
30 Apr 2010 8:15PM
Thumbs Up

"I think it's really cool how when trees move, it creates wind."

Awesome, love it!

Haircut
QLD, 6481 posts
30 Apr 2010 8:54PM
Thumbs Up

classic

Brooko
1672 posts
30 Apr 2010 6:59PM
Thumbs Up

jed said...

JB said...

I think it's really cool how when trees move, it creates wind.

I hate wind unless its offshore

Piros
QLD, 6936 posts
30 Apr 2010 9:04PM
Thumbs Up

For sale , highest bidder 1/ power band (White) only worn for 3 days , be everything you want to be. Starting bid $1.00

This is a shot of me last weekend with me and the PB on stage with the soul Diva Lisa Hunt at the Hard Rock Cafe ,very much later that night when I got home I asked my wife if she would like a threesome with me and the PB , she bluntly replied "Take that thing off and put it back on your wrist and go to sleep"

Rob

dtm
NSW, 1610 posts
30 Apr 2010 11:37PM
Thumbs Up

hey anyone no where to buy one on the northern beaches sydney? all this fuss would like to test for myself?

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
30 Apr 2010 10:39PM
Thumbs Up

Geez, I've been out of town a week now and just can not believe this BS topic is still going around, yawns.

Big night on the town Piros

JB
NSW, 2232 posts
Site Sponsor
1 May 2010 7:08AM
Thumbs Up

Online only I think Dan, It takes about 4 days to get to you.

JB

dtm
NSW, 1610 posts
1 May 2010 11:25AM
Thumbs Up

cheers JB i will take a look

paul.j
QLD, 3319 posts
1 May 2010 11:46AM
Thumbs Up

Alright lets solve this once and for all!!!!

In the roar comp we will have PB V non PB and see who has more power

tha dogman
NSW, 2912 posts
1 May 2010 3:34PM
Thumbs Up

........lol.......................piros...............lol.........................

jenkz
WA, 793 posts
1 May 2010 3:40PM
Thumbs Up

Funnily enough theres a picture in todays West Weekend magazine of Mick Fanning wearing one.

pmorgan1974
NSW, 1080 posts
3 May 2010 11:38AM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...
You do like to bite mr morgan

haha just cant help myself...

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
3 May 2010 11:10AM
Thumbs Up

jenkz said...

Funnily enough theres a picture in todays West Weekend magazine of Mick Fanning wearing one.

If you angle the hologram just right, when the light catches it it resembles a hidden swastika <obscure joke/>.

I don't think anyone would consider Mick a rocket scientist. I'm sure he could easily be convinced of the band's merits.

OG SUP
VIC, 3516 posts
3 May 2010 1:49PM
Thumbs Up

I think Piros is on the right track.

The word in the US is that the were originally designed for Ron Jeremy as insurance against performance loss whilst filming???

but who knows

Newmo
VIC, 471 posts
3 May 2010 3:41PM
Thumbs Up

Six pages of advertising, now that's priceless

Brooko
1672 posts
3 May 2010 3:22PM
Thumbs Up

Piros said...

For sale , highest bidder 1/ power band (White) only worn for 3 days , be everything you want to be. Starting bid $1.00

This is a shot of me last weekend with me and the PB on stage with the soul Diva Lisa Hunt at the Hard Rock Cafe ,very much later that night when I got home I asked my wife if she would like a threesome with me and the PB , she bluntly replied "Take that thing off and put it back on your wrist and go to sleep"

Rob

Man you look Dermot Breton doing the birdman chicken dance when he used to play for Hawthorn

Gorgo
VIC, 4950 posts
3 May 2010 5:34PM
Thumbs Up

Piros said...

Does that woman actually know you're there? It looks like she might swat you like a mosquito. What's that buzzing back there?

appsy
NSW, 198 posts
3 May 2010 8:27PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Everyone,

I bought one up at the Noosa fest after being impressed by the balance challenge the sales guy did on me. I handed over the coin whacked in on and thought, "im feeling good". After getting super human powers I thought I would try in out in a free session out firing 5 to 6 foot Noosa point. (first session with power band!!!!) First wave of my session, I paddled into a set wave. Due to the lovely crowd and people trying to burn me on the shoulder, these people closed the wave out on me so I had to straighten out. As I straightened out, two kooks who couldnt duck dive the wave landed on me. Pinning me to the bottom. As Im getting thrashed around for what seemed like an hour and human body parts hitting me in the head, I felt the power band get sucked off my wrist into the unknown. Moral of the story!!!! I cant give you an answer.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
4 May 2010 8:48AM
Thumbs Up

appsy said...

Hi Everyone,

I bought one up at the Noosa fest after being impressed by the balance challenge the sales guy did on me. I handed over the coin whacked in on and thought, "im feeling good". After getting super human powers I thought I would try in out in a free session out firing 5 to 6 foot Noosa point. (first session with power band!!!!) First wave of my session, I paddled into a set wave. Due to the lovely crowd and people trying to burn me on the shoulder, these people closed the wave out on me so I had to straighten out. As I straightened out, two kooks who couldnt duck dive the wave landed on me. Pinning me to the bottom. As Im getting thrashed around for what seemed like an hour and human body parts hitting me in the head, I felt the power band get sucked off my wrist into the unknown. Moral of the story!!!! I cant give you an answer.

Wasnt very well balanced was it

Gorgo
VIC, 4950 posts
4 May 2010 11:45AM
Thumbs Up

It sacrificed itself to save your life. You should be grateful.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"The 'power balance' band - what are your thoughts" started by Salatiela