Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

Vicco SUP Titles 2011

Created by OG SUP > 9 months ago, 15 May 2011
OG SUP
VIC, 3516 posts
15 May 2011 9:31PM
Thumbs Up

Womens

Emma Webb Australian and Victorian Champion Charged everything that came her way!
There was some size early on and the girls took it in their stride. What a well deserved win you rip!

Kristi wone the Xanadu Wine "Smooth Move Award" for a big layback into the pocket.

Emma and Kristi at the Presso.

A few Images from the Open Mens SUP more to come:

Courtney

Cam Lamperd

Tom White

Lazza

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
15 May 2011 9:35PM
Thumbs Up

Cammo, that's Lazza on the Inside Left reform.... Not a bad reform hey !! ??

OG SUP
VIC, 3516 posts
15 May 2011 10:05PM
Thumbs Up

John Tackle No Fear was ripping!

Will Cusso

Sparx
VIC, 734 posts
15 May 2011 10:24PM
Thumbs Up

Hmmmm
Was thinking about todays semis and where I blew it and what I could have done differently, then I look at those photos of John Tackle and it becomes painfully obvious. Go big go hard or go home! I went home.
Cheers
Sparx

OG SUP
VIC, 3516 posts
15 May 2011 10:37PM
Thumbs Up

Sparks,

I have circa 60 images of John applying that philosophy go hard or go home and he wasnt going any where.

He certainly had a few of the younger crew thinkin they were gonna get whooooped!
Quite frankly he was rippin!

Phill

Bnaccas
VIC, 1722 posts
15 May 2011 11:11PM
Thumbs Up

Nice pix! Looks like conditions were ok considering.

Any shots of Lumers? He won right?

LAZZA1964
VIC, 107 posts
16 May 2011 8:42AM
Thumbs Up

Sparx said...

Hmmmm
Was thinking about todays semis and where I blew it and what I could have done differently, then I look at those photos of John Tackle and it becomes painfully obvious. Go big go hard or go home! I went home.
Cheers
Sparx

I went to the Pub!

OG SUP
VIC, 3516 posts
16 May 2011 9:19AM
Thumbs Up

More Pics to come as soon as I warm up I am still frozen solid this morning.

Phill

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
16 May 2011 9:47AM
Thumbs Up

OG SUP said...

More Pics to come as soon as I warm up I am still frozen solid this morning.

Phill

Come on Phill, it's nearly 9am! I know I snapped a few frames of Lummers with your gear.

OG SUP
VIC, 3516 posts
16 May 2011 9:48AM
Thumbs Up

Courtney

Lummers

John Tackle

goatman
NSW, 2151 posts
16 May 2011 10:11AM
Thumbs Up

Sweet pics Phil - looked like the vicco crew has stepped it up - good to see a little bit of size for a comp for a change.

OG SUP
VIC, 3516 posts
16 May 2011 11:05AM
Thumbs Up

Hey Goatie,

The day before was just blown out 35+kn onshore, so to see the cleaner waves in the morning was a bit like being in a dream for everyone.

The Torquay Point wave always tries to draw you down the beach especially with west in the wind and you really need to get a left on the inside to get you back up to the rip and out again.

Emma and Lummers etc are masters at it.

I kept thinking if only Dan the Man was here he would have loved the size and the inside left, kid in the candy store me thinks.

There were quite a few doing the 100m run along the sand back to the rip and you could see it was testing the cardio. Kristi was pretty shattered by the end of the final and there were a few others sucking in the big ones sitting in the car park.

Once you made the sand run then you needed to time the paddle to the point to avoid an in coming set and thats when the fun began. Pretty much everyone even Lummer had to bail or you would just get mowed down by head + white water.

There were some interesting wipe outs on take off as the peak was shifting all over the place and even whe you thought you had it right, huey had a surprise or 2 in store.

Have to thank the longboarders for allowing us to tack onto thier titles, strangely enough there were a few more who have shifted to the dark side and Lummers will have his hands full soon enough!

John Tackle took the badge of honor, peddle to the metal all day. He was looking a little stiff and worse for wear at the presso but his son Matt who he took out in the heats had to buy the take away and thats all that mattered!

All in all a fantastic day and your right the level has jumped a bit and from what I saw there are a few up and comers like AJ Lynch, Courtney Dalton and others that will push things alone just nicely.

Phill

lollypop
TAS, 26 posts
16 May 2011 1:56PM
Thumbs Up

looks like everyone was ripping from the pics, young, old, male , female! and good to see the girls surfing some size and doing it well.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"Vicco SUP Titles 2011" started by OG SUP