great day again. these guys run the best events get involved. more on
tribecarew.com sup 11/11/2012

Sparx
VIC, 734 posts
11 Nov 2012 8:46PM
Thumbs Up

Bloody Hell!!!
Hows Laneys drop knee cutty?
Not suprising really, multiple Vicco longboard champ, elite competitor for his age group at the National level. If they ever bring in a longboard style SUP division just chalk Laney in now.
Another cranking day, blue sky, offshore wind and just enough swell to keep everyone happy. Some shredding and styling going down with the current Vicco Open Champ and Over Forties Champ both competing. Always good to share waves and talk storey with the Takle boys.
Cant give you a complete rundown of all results but the open final was an all goofie affair and went Matt Takle, Mick Smith, John Takle and Sparx in that order. Mick was the suprise pack of the final, super stylish goofy with an A grade cutty and a good bloke to boot. Matt Takle was all over it and showed why he was and is a deserving State Champ.
I dont have the results for the other finals so perhaps someone can help us out with those. Big thanks to everyone who competed and judged a heat and a super big shout to Rich and Kev who passed on getting wet in order to keep the wheels spinning.
Once again, apologies for my adherence to double reverse daylight savings time in calling the Remembrance Day minutes silence an hour early....Doh!
And thanks a heap for the cracking photos!
Cheers
Sparx

camo hosk
VIC, 613 posts
11 Nov 2012 9:10PM
Thumbs Up

You sure delivered Sparx on your promise of fun waves and sunny sky's,
was a ripper day,thanks Rich, Kev and the Bass Sup crew,I even scored a six pack of Stubbies, sounds like a few from the West Coast are heading up to the Stkilda event on Saturday,see u there.

OG SUP
VIC, 3516 posts
11 Nov 2012 11:25PM
Thumbs Up

Sparks, Rich, Kevin and the Bassup Team smoked it and Huey finally smiled upon us! The boys and girls had some awesome fun!

DavidJohn
VIC, 17460 posts
11 Nov 2012 11:57PM
Thumbs Up

Great shots there Phill.. That's my faverite shot of Kristi that I've ever seen.. It's a beauty..

DJ

micksmith
VIC, 1686 posts
12 Nov 2012 7:36AM
Thumbs Up

Another well run, fun day. congrats to all, especially organisers.
Great shots Phil and Sean. See you at Merimbula, yeeha.

OG SUP
VIC, 3516 posts
12 Nov 2012 9:10AM
Thumbs Up

David I love the image too.

Between Laney's classic drop knee paddle turns, Briggsy's blazing cross paddle exhibition, Matt, Cam and John hitting every lip in sight and Ok pulling into anything 6 inches or bigger that might possibly throw a tiny lip it was a show to behold.

DTM Cam was going all out on your board man and having a ball!

Yesterday was like an old time comp nothing too serious just a few mates hitting the waves and having fun.

We seriously need more girls to get to the next comp, you don't have to be Layne Beachley just want to give it a go. Kristi is a qualified SUP / Surf coach and will run SUP Surf Clinic for any girls who need some pointers.

Give it a try you may just like it.

Phill

D Bazz
VIC, 5 posts
12 Nov 2012 9:17AM
Thumbs Up

Is there anywhere on the net that has the calendar for these events? Looks like a great time and would love to come out that way with a bit more notice. Cheers

ockanui
VIC, 1301 posts
12 Nov 2012 4:44PM
Thumbs Up

Quote" Ok pulling into anything 6 inches or bigger that might possibly throw a tiny lip it was a show to behold"...... heh phil what's that old saying..."size is not important, its what you do with it...

Special thanks to Bass Sup, once again for running and organizing the event, especially Kev and Rich who didnt even compete and just got to do the hard work, a great day of classy surf action shown off with action shots by the mighty Phil and Sean.

OG SUP
VIC, 3516 posts
12 Nov 2012 5:07PM
Thumbs Up

I have to say Sean son James was ripping on the day and is one to keep your eye on.

I have been told he is an awesome kiter too.

We need to develop and support the kids that are SUP surfing and racing to build on the future of the sport!

Phill.

Session
VIC, 445 posts
12 Nov 2012 6:01PM
Thumbs Up

D Bazz said...
Is there anywhere on the net that has the calendar for these events? Looks like a great time and would love to come out that way with a bit more notice. Cheers

Great photo's guys, we are stoked everyone had fun at 13th beach.

D Bazz...... check here for updates - www.basssup.blogspot.com.au or www.supvic.com

Your welcome to join us at our future events and we will announce our 2013 calendar soon.

Rich

ChrisClarke1
VIC, 227 posts
12 Nov 2012 9:54PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for another day of fun, perfect weather, small but fun waves and a great bunch of crew to hang out with at the beach.

Hopefully we will see more crew coming down from all area's so the club can grow and it would also be great to be able to have the odd comp over on the ocean beaches of the penisular, hate to tell you but yesterday arvo after the comp, Gunna was smoking 4 to 5'.

Thanks again for to all.

LAZZA1964
VIC, 107 posts
12 Nov 2012 10:24PM
Thumbs Up

Yes! Great day @ Thirteenth Beach with the Bass Sup Crew, thanks to Rich, Bid Kev, Matty for the shelter and Sparx for the cheap gags! The comp system that we had in place worked really well and it was good to see a few new faces participating.
All in all, a great fun day with a sausage sizzle thrown in ,what else could you ask for. So for all you Men, Women and Grommets who are reading this, get your arses down to the next Bass Sup Comp and experience a real good sausage!

Cheers,

Lazza.

OG SUP
VIC, 3516 posts
13 Nov 2012 9:04AM
Thumbs Up

Hey Lazza,

What about some East Coast surf action that trip to Eagles Nest was fun!

Phill

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"bass sup comp 11/11/2012" started by pgc