jezza007
NSW, 300 posts
4 May 2010 11:47PM
Thumbs Up

Bnaccas
VIC, 1722 posts
5 May 2010 12:49AM
Thumbs Up

Sorta weird towing in on a SUP with a paddle in ya hand.
I don't get it!

Still a big wave though.

WINDY MILLER
WA, 3183 posts
5 May 2010 7:09AM
Thumbs Up

great footage ....

amazing how big that wave gets...

thanks 4 post

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
5 May 2010 7:48PM
Thumbs Up

thanks jezza007 for that - its definitely far to big for me out there but some of the waves looked rather tempting. Normally that place looks so scary - that day seems almost placid in comparison. Still I would not be going near the water!!!!

Whats the rules re all the tow surfers in the line up - do they just take turns ?

froggo
QLD, 127 posts
5 May 2010 11:00PM
Thumbs Up

Grt footage- thanks heaps!

WARNING - GUMBY question below.

so who are the jet ski riders, are they surfers too? I reckon the surfer would have to have a good degree of trust happening....

I saw a tow in ski get wiped out here at home- tumbled through white water etc. The rider swam for it got on, started it and took off... amazing stuff

cheer frog

Bnaccas
VIC, 1722 posts
5 May 2010 11:18PM
Thumbs Up

froggo said...

so who are the jet ski riders, are they surfers too? I reckon the surfer would have to have a good degree of trust happening....

cheer frog

Not a dumb question, usually the driver is a surfer as well. I think it just works out that way cos they both want to surf and one of them has to drive so they take turns. Usually both being surfers means you know what the surfer wants and where they want to be and it's up to the driver to put them there.

loco4olas
NSW, 1514 posts
6 May 2010 2:01PM
Thumbs Up

That's just stupid-towed in to crappy day at Jaws on a SUP! Shheesh-joke!

You sure that's Laird? Doesn't look like him.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"laird takes a beating 425min into it" started by jezza007