Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

who's going to win the doctor

Created by laceys lane > 9 months ago, 7 Jan 2012
pmorgan1974
NSW, 1080 posts
22 Jan 2012 11:23AM
Thumbs Up

kissa said...

Looks like Sam in 2nd. Awesome. World class effort - well done mate!

Well done Sammy....yewwwww

paul.j
QLD, 3340 posts
22 Jan 2012 10:31AM
Thumbs Up

PTWoody said...

Jacko, what is the post race feeling among the people who raced regarding the PFD requirement? I understand the organisers ruled out inflatable PFDs this year. What effect did the PFD have in the heat of the race? Do the benefits outweigh the heat issues?

Didn't even realize I had it on most of the time so for me no probs, I know when Ang was in trouble out there yesterday the pfd came in very handy !! The pros far out way the cons IMO.

surf4fun
WA, 1313 posts
22 Jan 2012 8:43AM
Thumbs Up

PTWoody said...

Jacko, what is the post race feeling among the people who raced regarding the PFD requirement? I understand the organisers ruled out inflatable PFDs this year. What effect did the PFD have in the heat of the race? Do the benefits outweigh the heat issues?

Although I wasn't at the pointy end of the race (finished 4th in 12'6) so can't speak for the elite guys, once paddling I find you don't really notice it. Yes it gets hot and I have spoken to a few guys who took falls/jumped in just to cool off but it was going to be hot regardless. If it was howling like the Dr can it probably wouldn't have been as hot as we would of been surfing more runners and not paddling as hard/much.

As much as I wanted to wear an inflatable I understand why they made their decision and if it means I have to wear a solid pfd to compete in this race, so be it. Their race, their rules and if you don't like it, don't do the race.

angie pangi
QLD, 1779 posts
22 Jan 2012 11:10AM
Thumbs Up

Warning to all paddlers! Do not pre load up on magnesium 3 days before and during a hot race!!! Your body will dehydrate very badly :(
Well done to everyone yesterday, stoked to be apart of it even if it was only til half way :(
Xx Angie

hilly
WA, 7323 posts
22 Jan 2012 9:29AM
Thumbs Up

Boys are set up at the finish

Leaders approach, check out the boat wakes they have to deal with. Last year the skis knocked me off a few times :-( This year these were the only runners they got as the wind was not helpful.

Lead ski they only caught Connor a few k's off Sorrento with a 30min start

Connor smashing it, the SB was perfect for the day looks like it picked up any little bump. He was way ahead.

We thought Connor had not had enough and was going for another paddle straight after the race but he was just putting his board on the SB support boat

Dale loved it :-)

hilly
WA, 7323 posts
22 Jan 2012 9:48AM
Thumbs Up

hilly said...

Belly and I have a side bet for a slab on the top 5 any order but we had the same 5

So now we have to go top 5 in order.

Mine - Connor Kelly Travis Sam Bart

Belly - Connor Travis kelly Bart sam

Time will tell

Good luck to all. Drink a lot of fluids

Connor Sam Kelly Bart Jake - bugger Belly got 3 right

rez
WA, 354 posts
22 Jan 2012 11:07AM
Thumbs Up

A few pics of the finish.

rez
WA, 354 posts
22 Jan 2012 11:21AM
Thumbs Up

couple more excuse the water droplets!

Congrats to all competitors!

surf4fun
WA, 1313 posts
22 Jan 2012 7:13PM
Thumbs Up

Any word on why Jamie didn't show up again? I know he was in Florida earlier in the week, was the travel too much for not enough reward?????

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"who's going to win the doctor" started by laceys lane