Thumbs Up

smh said...

Have you got a trailer for it Spazz ?

Here is one -

BigSpazz
NSW, 946 posts
23 Apr 2012 12:16PM
Thumbs Up

so it be done. I took it out on Friday amongst the 5 ft monster easterly swell, which obviously did not suit this board but I still managed to catch a handful of waves and put it through its paces.

upon picking it up from MacT Dave decided to weigh the board. The monster weighs in at 18KGS!!! or 39LBS for u old fellas. It is a monster.

The thing paddles and glides like nothing i have ever experienced, if you have someone 30-40ms away you can have as a distance point, it literally takes 4-5 paddles u stop and the board just keeps gliding to them and past. Same with on a wave, catch something cut off the back of the wave before it closes out and u just keep going like ur still on the wave for 20 or so ms.

turning the thing is hugely different to my 11ft'er that thing feels like a short board compared to this thing, but in saying that i enjoy it because its a challenge for me and it doesn't feel like a 5ft short board under my feet like alot of other boards.

few comments on the thing mainly about the stringer also a few " good to see you brought the Queen Mary 2 out" from the locals.

so, love the board thus far just waiting for the swell to die a lil to test it on some nice 2ft waves like it was meant to do and hopefully take my packed lunch and head nose ward. in all honesty if this hit someone it would kill them.

chrispychru
QLD, 7932 posts
23 Apr 2012 12:45PM
Thumbs Up

big spazz big board. thanks for all the updates and pics, i have enjoyed them. now for some peeelers for ya

boofy
NSW, 2110 posts
23 Apr 2012 12:53PM
Thumbs Up

Love the board Big spazz nice clean lines it looks like you have all your bases covered with your quiver, if there is no waves for the comp a few paddles pop up walk up and down and you will win we have taken my mates 12 foot Robert August beast to the Pass when it is knee high it is huge fun put the kids on the front etc.
Cheers Boof

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
23 Apr 2012 11:12AM
Thumbs Up

I could ___ that I recon

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
23 Apr 2012 1:13PM
Thumbs Up

That's a gem Spazz. Beautiful glass job too. Let's have a look at the fin.

boofy
NSW, 2110 posts
23 Apr 2012 1:19PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...

I could ___ that I recon

make love to?

SP
10979 posts
23 Apr 2012 11:19AM
Thumbs Up

Awesome looking board big Spazz, thanks for all the photos.

How wide is this beast?

BigSpazz
NSW, 946 posts
23 Apr 2012 1:22PM
Thumbs Up

SP said...

Awesome looking board big Spazz, thanks for all the photos.

How wide is this beast?

24' 1/2 wide :)

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
23 Apr 2012 11:22AM
Thumbs Up

boofy said...

doggie said...

I could ___ that I recon

make love to?

Um yea, no. SUP it, its that big

BigSpazz
NSW, 946 posts
23 Apr 2012 1:24PM
Thumbs Up

smh said...

That's a gem Spazz. Beautiful glass job too. Let's have a look at the fin.

the fin atm is just a 13inch involvement fin, im thinking of changing it to there new Neo hatchet fin

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
23 Apr 2012 2:00PM
Thumbs Up

congrats on your pick up Big Spazz - she sure looks like a winner - although its one heavy beast of a board - maybe you should have got a hand hold put in it

BigSpazz
NSW, 946 posts
23 Apr 2012 2:28PM
Thumbs Up

Ted the Kiwi said...

congrats on your pick up Big Spazz - she sure looks like a winner - although its one heavy beast of a board - maybe you should have got a hand hold put in it

its ok i can get my arm around it fine, also its easier to paddle it than carry it back to the point :)

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
23 Apr 2012 2:31PM
Thumbs Up

Interesting fin Spazz. I looked on the Tak Australian website and they have an 11 foot DT4 on sale for $1700. If I'm back in the water in the next few months I'll be having another look at that. I'm sure the 12 will be good for your Crescent trip.youll be able to sit way out past the others.

BulldogPup
6657 posts
23 Apr 2012 7:28PM
Thumbs Up

That is a beautiful log mate - geez that wide string came out well , love the redline moniker too cheers & good luck with her spazz

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
24 Apr 2012 6:39AM
Thumbs Up

So the factory is half full after the delivery of the beast

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
24 Apr 2012 9:08AM
Thumbs Up

How many blocks of wax did you need before you put her in the water for the madien voyage

BigSpazz
NSW, 946 posts
24 Apr 2012 10:47AM
Thumbs Up

Ted the Kiwi said...

How many blocks of wax did you need before you put her in the water for the madien voyage

3 1/2 blocks and about an 1 1/2 hours of rubbing man i was sore after it

BigSpazz
NSW, 946 posts
24 Apr 2012 10:52AM
Thumbs Up

smh said...

Interesting fin Spazz. I looked on the Tak Australian website and they have an 11 foot DT4 on sale for $1700. If I'm back in the water in the next few months I'll be having another look at that. I'm sure the 12 will be good for your Crescent trip.youll be able to sit way out past the others.

yer deff give the 11footer a go they are awesome fun, have you got a link to the website?

also cant wait for crescent shall be sweeeeeeeeet cruising rides

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
24 Apr 2012 8:52AM
Thumbs Up

Maybe watch a video next time

BigSpazz
NSW, 946 posts
24 Apr 2012 10:58AM
Thumbs Up

62mac said...

Maybe watch a video next time

and some softer wax hahaha

newguy
654 posts
24 Apr 2012 8:50PM
Thumbs Up

Looking through Mctavish blog (searching for a log because it's bloody hard trying to find any type of decent 2nd hand LB for a decent price over here) and is that photo your 12ft'er on there? Got to admit it really hits you how big it is when it's in that shaping room.

Yeah, don't think I'll be dropping in on you any time soon mate

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
25 Apr 2012 10:35AM
Thumbs Up

BigSpazz said...

smh said...

yer deff give the 11footer a go they are awesome fun, have you got a link to the website?

also cant wait for crescent shall be sweeeeeeeeet cruising rides

I'm going to get them to take a pic of it and send it to me and I'll post it up. It's got a red tint on it and will look like a big spear.

Kagey
569 posts
25 Apr 2012 4:17PM
Thumbs Up

That's a great looking board Spazz, was it a 5ft beach break you took it out in?

BigSpazz
NSW, 946 posts
26 Apr 2012 1:07PM
Thumbs Up

Kagey said...

That's a great looking board Spazz, was it a 5ft beach break you took it out in?

nah mate pointbreak, the pass was too hectic for the 12fter, took her out on anzac day early morning,glassy, 2 ft, legs were on fire the riders went for that long. Such a nice board

towball
4627 posts
27 Apr 2012 5:09AM
Thumbs Up

Hey spazz nice pick of you on Byron Bay Today .It's gotta be you

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
27 Apr 2012 8:12AM
Thumbs Up

towball said...

this one? That looks like a 12 footer I reckon!

I think this chick is showng some nice light footing - he needs some more zoom on that lens

towball
4627 posts
27 Apr 2012 6:30AM
Thumbs Up

Yep that's the one , one of Bears beautiful people (you have made it spazz)

Ted the Kiwi said...

towball said...

this one? That looks like a 12 footer I reckon!

I think this chick is showng some nice light footing - he needs some more zoom on that lens

BigSpazz
NSW, 946 posts
27 Apr 2012 8:55AM
Thumbs Up

ahhhh yes such a great photo of me, i have my favourite BIG MENS boardies on from LOWES, along with my flap cap with chin strap don't want to loose that awesome hat any time soon.

haha no wasnt surfing yesterday had footy training :(

towball
4627 posts
27 Apr 2012 7:52AM
Thumbs Up

O well we'll keep looking , you'll have to do some brown nosing with da bear Of course you go to the wrong shop to get ya boards

BigSpazz said...

ahhhh yes such a great photo of me, i have my favourite BIG MENS boardies on from LOWES, along with my flap cap with chin strap don't want to loose that awesome hat any time soon.

haha no wasnt surfing yesterday had footy training :(

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"12ft Longboard Glassing options?" started by BigSpazz