Forums > Surfing Longboarding

AFL Season 2013

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 26 Mar 2013
Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
26 Jul 2013 12:12PM
Thumbs Up

Some nice odds floating around this weekend chaps

32h 28m??Alternate Line 21 | -12.5 - Fremantle vs Adelaide?Fremantle -12.5?Win?1.49?
8h 38m??Alternate Line 18 | 13.5 - Essendon vs Hawthorn?Hawthorn -13.5?Win?1.59?
2d??Alternate Line 18 | -9.5 - Port Adelaide vs Brisbane Lions?Port Adelaide -9.5?Win?1.63?
2d??Alternate Line 22 | -10.5 - Sydney vs Richmond?Sydney -10.5?Win?1.45?

Multiplied Odds:?5.60

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
26 Jul 2013 2:41PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
McHenry said..

Go Crows!!!!! In your face Simondo!!!!

Nah just kidding, great game. We got lucky in the end.

You'll keep McHenry!
I was only in town for 1 night... "for 1 night only", as they say in Show Biz!

Ted, can you edit that post...?

McHenry
SA, 1739 posts
26 Jul 2013 2:33PM
Thumbs Up

You come to SA often ??

In future, give me a buzz you have my digits.

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
26 Jul 2013 7:25PM
Thumbs Up

McHenry, I'll have a few trips to lovely old Adelaide over the next few weeks. Overnighters too.

Should be a good game tonight too. Hawks are strong, but not firing on 6 cyclinders, and Bombers will be revved up with all the media and ASADA/WADA/WANKA stuff going on!

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
26 Jul 2013 9:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Simondo said..

Ted, can you edit that post...?

Sure thing.......

Freo give up 12.5 points at 1.49
Hawks give up 13.5 points at 1.59
Port give up 9.5 points 1.63
Swans give 10.5 points 1.45

Multiplied Odds: 5.60

GOLD!!!! Get on.

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
27 Jul 2013 12:08PM
Thumbs Up

My money is hedged on Melbourne to get within 80 odd points. They will lose, but more like 20-50 points...
Paying about $1.30

SandS
VIC, 5904 posts
27 Jul 2013 12:51PM
Thumbs Up

hey simondoo , what odds will you give me on the tiges winning

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
27 Jul 2013 1:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SandS said..

hey simondoo , what odds will you give me on the tiges winning

I would go Tigers to get within 26 points, or win, at $1.75.
Tiger Win, Head to Head is $3.80.
The line is around 22/23 points...

SandS
VIC, 5904 posts
27 Jul 2013 6:49PM
Thumbs Up

if i was a betting man i would put the house on at that !

go tiges !!!! eat em alive !!!!

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
28 Jul 2013 2:14PM
Thumbs Up

Went to watch The Cats play under lights last night... The Cats were pretty damn good again!
Feels like a 3 horse race at the moment... Hawks, Swans, Cats...

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
28 Jul 2013 2:56PM
Thumbs Up

The J Pod becomes the Hi Pod !!

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
28 Jul 2013 1:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Simondo said...
Went to watch The Cats play under lights last night... The Cats were pretty damn good again!
Feels like a 3 horse race at the moment... Hawks, Swans, Cats...

Grom man you are lucky your team plays ok footy. I could never go for a team called the cats lol.

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
28 Jul 2013 3:49PM
Thumbs Up

What about if we call ourselves "The Pussies!"?

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
28 Jul 2013 2:30PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Simondo said...
What about if we call ourselves "The Pussies!"?

Nup,still no good..... On that topic how is your neighbour going?

thePup
13831 posts
28 Jul 2013 5:32PM
Thumbs Up

Tis is a pretty good save for this unproductive day (onshore poo here sadly) ... the Crystal Methamphetam Eagles got reamed wicked work Footescray Bulledogs sii

SandS
VIC, 5904 posts
3 Aug 2013 6:14PM
Thumbs Up

goooooooooooo tiges !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
3 Aug 2013 7:30PM
Thumbs Up

How about those Demons...!! <> (that means shaking your head while smirking and laughing is disbelief!)

I was surfing Bells, laughing with a mate that I actually tipped GSW for the win! I think that was the first time I picked GWS all season... So I'm thinking I'm on 100% strike rate with them!

Had a brief chat with ol' Gerard Healey too (in the carpark), and he was 50-50 on that game too... He was leaning a tiny bit toward GWS on the back of the game being in Sydney, and a person called J Cameron...

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
11 Aug 2013 2:07PM
Thumbs Up

Bombers - The Saga;

Essentially, there shouldn't be anything in the public domain... people should have kept their mouths shut!

Hird needs to wake up and smell the roses... He says they deserve to play finals... I'm not completely convinced about that, but I think sanctions should be done next year, not this year... And guess what James Hird, it's not your decision!

Bombers (as a club) are saying it will be "game-on" with the lawyers... over the next few weeks...
The Bombers need to understand that they need to take their medicine...! Pun intended!

My suggestion;
Don't get the lawyers involved... Survey the football public, and try to come up with a reasonable solution for all...
Do nothing in Season 2013.
Bombers Season 2014 - 4 or 5 Premiership Games (16-20 Points) - plus 4-8 week suspension for every player who appears to have taken a banned substance, and 1-4 weeks for other players where we don't know what was taken, such as when records weren't kept, etc... Suspensions can be served in a 'staggered' way, so Essendon can continue to be competitive. Club fine of about $1M, paid to The AFL. Plus some other fines paid to ASADA, to cover their costs, etc... Hird and the club staff get nothing, but they would get a world of guilt, in terms of knowing what the overall costs to club is... Financial and otherwise...

That would be a fair outcome... (on the basis that it appears banned drugs have been administered, or at least drugs not ticked off for human use...???)... We will wait and see!!

Bombers get a sniff at finals for 2014, if they are good enough...

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
11 Aug 2013 2:20PM
Thumbs Up

Hit Out Statistic Column;
As it stands, the rucks are the only ones that get to use this stat... But the modern fast pace of the game means that many players will skillfully "knock a ball on" to the advantage of a team mate... These deft taps can often result in a goal, or at least an inside 50, etc... But the smart skills of the player go unrewarded...

My suggestion - if little Matthew Stokes does a skillful "knock-on" or "tap-on", then he gets a "1" in the Hit Out Column... Plus he'll pick up some points on those SuperCoach games!

In short;
The Hit-Out "stat" can be available to all, and properly account for these deft taps... And we don't even need an extra stat column... we can just populate the existing column! Easy!

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
11 Aug 2013 12:33PM
Thumbs Up

Simondo I'll talk to you mate that's 3 posts straight and the Suns win

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
11 Aug 2013 2:57PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Mac, and Go Suns!!

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
11 Aug 2013 4:33PM
Thumbs Up

And lets not forget the mighty pies.........

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
11 Aug 2013 8:47PM
Thumbs Up

Essingdon cheated last year the benefits kicked in this year, why wait till next year to ping em?

IF the players took suspect drugs they should face sanctions....one rule for all....Ahmed saad, Justin Charles and plenty second stringers in VFL /WAFL/SANFL copped or will cop 2 years-so if they lose this years points only they (essingdon) SHOULD TAKE IT ON THE CHIN
plus reap the benefits of a great tan less body fat and beautiful new muscles

2014 played (cheat free) till the next club gets caught

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
13 Aug 2013 7:10PM
Thumbs Up

Brisbane Coach Michael Voss not getting his contract renewed... (sacked!)... I find this staggering! Lions were starting to turn things around.

Recent form - WWLWL - plus coming weeks GWS, Dogs (in Brisbane), and The (MIGHTY!) Cats in Geelong... That could be WWL...
Over the last 7 games, they have 5 lost 2... Good return!

If I was on the Brisbane Board, I would of liked to offer Voss a 1+1+1 deal... Telling him we want to offer 3, but it will be performance based, and discretional.... And we can call it a "conditional 3 year deal"...

thePup
13831 posts
13 Aug 2013 6:01PM
Thumbs Up

geez either Essendon are getting several Pineapples and the Hot Enema caper or the Lawyers are spitting it .... should've been done by now surely

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
13 Aug 2013 8:20PM
Thumbs Up

I just read that a briefing is due in 10 minutes! At 7:30pm.

thePup
13831 posts
13 Aug 2013 6:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Simondo said..

I just read that a briefing is due in 10 minutes! At 7:30pm.

So just the heirachy charged ... hearing on the 26 aug .... looks like they are playing finals at any rate given that timeframe

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
13 Aug 2013 8:35PM
Thumbs Up

seems a bit soft ,

compare the storm situation handled by the NRL to the way the AFL has handled the essendon drug saga

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
13 Aug 2013 8:36PM
Thumbs Up

I have been saying all along that Hird should go......he should man up and become the fall guy that everyone wants - he was in charge and he was not that good at monitoring what was going on it would seem - if I was parent with my young boy at The Bombers i would want his head on a post aka Game of Thrones style.......

Recall that this is not about WADA and the players etc at the moment - but these are charges that the AFL are bringing against the club.....

Simondo - how do you feel having your old coach involved - what happens at Geelong?

AFL has discretion to bring these charges - similar to the ones ag Melb and Port Ad. charges who got 6mths suspension for their CEO

thePup
13831 posts
13 Aug 2013 7:55PM
Thumbs Up

looking good for a Felines v Dockers & Hawkers v Fugly Ducklings Major Finals round .... raffle the rest although Tigers and Cauliflowers won't be pushovers ..... interesting

if the Bombs get Finals sin binned will it be a case of one lot of druggies out and another lot in ie: Amphetam eagles we're flying high on crack

hmmmmm

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"AFL Season 2013" started by Simondo