The Good Morning thread

Created by towball > 9 months ago, 20 Jun 2012
towball
4627 posts
25 Feb 2013 6:25AM
Thumbs Up

boofy said...
Morning lads,
I have just come off 2 week Psych placement in a major Queensland hospital and spent 3 days in the emergency psych centre YI YI YI the things I saw sad, tragic,funny bizarre geez you queenslanders are a nutty bunch all I can say is hold your family close, if your worried about someones mental health talk to them dont put it off and dont do drugs I was amazed at the amount of young teenagers coming in with psychosis after just having a couple of joints

We hear ya boofy got one family that got an op for a brain tumor which was benine ,you think great but they don't tell you your not out of the woods , seeing some nutty stuff two years on

MickPC
8266 posts
25 Feb 2013 5:10PM
Thumbs Up

Got a few fun ones this morning...666 got a bit stroppy with me sharing "his" waves after he continually paddled inside of me. But then a friend on a 666 came out & he sat inside of him & we shared waves instead lol

Sold my 2'nd board I was selling & have ordered my new board. Stoked they sold so quick I'll be able to get used to my new board before taking it to Bali in 7 weeks

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
25 Feb 2013 7:15PM
Thumbs Up

MickPC said...
Got a few fun ones this morning...666 got a bit stroppy with me sharing "his" waves after he continually paddled inside of me. But then a friend on a 666 came out & he sat inside of him & we shared waves instead lol

Sold my 2'nd board I was selling & have ordered my new board. Stoked they sold so quick I'll be able to get used to my new board before taking it to Bali in 7 weeks

Whats the new board going to be mick

MickPC
8266 posts
25 Feb 2013 5:26PM
Thumbs Up

weiry said...

Dims are 6'4 x 21 3/4 x 2 3/4 (Volume 40L)

Its got a really wide tail & pushed in nose. Heaps of volume so there'll be less
of a shock to the system between the LB & SB
Think my LB has probably got about 60-65L volume

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
25 Feb 2013 7:38PM
Thumbs Up

MickPC said...
weiry said...

Its got a really wide tail & pushed in nose. Heaps of volume so there'll be less
of a shock to the system between the LB & SB
Think my LB has probably got about 60-65L volume

nice bit of volume for a 6'4" mate, must have a lot to do with that tail.

MickPC
8266 posts
25 Feb 2013 7:57PM
Thumbs Up

weiry said...
MickPC said...
weiry said...

nice bit of volume for a 6'4" mate, must have a lot to do with that tail.

Yes the tail & the nose...its very similar in outline to
one of those Hypto Krypto boards by Hayden shapes.

Only this board is going to be PU. I had my first epoxy last year & I think it was too stiff. Fine if your surfing smooth seas, but WA..even when its offshore, is often still bumpy from an unsettled ocean. I blame it for injuring the soft tissue in my ankle which has come good after a summer on my PU longboard.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how it paddles. Ordered some quads (fins), deck grip, new leggie & a 6'6 fish shaped board bag this arvo too...now just gotta try & remain patient

MickPC
8266 posts
25 Feb 2013 8:01PM
Thumbs Up

Hypto Krypto

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
25 Feb 2013 10:37PM
Thumbs Up

i'm a lot out out of the loop regarding sb ing. however that guy is dam good. really like his tube riding.

and he just goes nuts with the above the wave stuff.

very nice vid mick- loved it

MickPC
8266 posts
25 Feb 2013 10:02PM
Thumbs Up

laceys lane said...
i'm a lot out out of the loop regarding sb ing. however that guy is dam good. really like his tube riding. and he just goes nuts with the above the wave stuff.

I like his style too mate...some epic g-land barrel riding from him here from the 3min mark

thePup
13831 posts
25 Feb 2013 11:47PM
Thumbs Up

Morning TB - gettin' any oh morning the rest of ya too .... gettin' in early you see

asea
NSW, 5510 posts
26 Feb 2013 3:12AM
Thumbs Up

Morning all having the time of my life

towball
4627 posts
26 Feb 2013 1:32AM
Thumbs Up

morning farrk it's blowing southest don't look like you buggers have had any sleep

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
26 Feb 2013 7:33AM
Thumbs Up

Morning all, just hope the flooded areas don't get this rain we're getting ATM please Keep smiling

Daneli
QLD, 1538 posts
26 Feb 2013 7:59AM
Thumbs Up

www.couriermail.com.au/nocookies?a=A.flavipes

This is gold !!

Morning all.

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
26 Feb 2013 9:04AM
Thumbs Up

Good morning you funky crew.

As Chris Martin would say,Is everybody out there OK

beerdead
NSW, 433 posts
26 Feb 2013 8:33PM
Thumbs Up

laceys lane said...
i'm a lot out out of the loop regarding sb ing. however that guy is dam good. really like his tube riding.

and he just goes nuts with the above the wave stuff.

Is that second spot Gerupuk outers?

MickPC
8266 posts
26 Feb 2013 6:18PM
Thumbs Up

beerdead said...

Good chance mate, looks like there's some Lombok thrown into the mix

This vids pretty cool too, surfings a little more retro.

MickPC
8266 posts
26 Feb 2013 6:25PM
Thumbs Up

62mac said...
Good morning you funky crew.

As Chris Martin would say,Is everybody out there OK

Doing allright mate...rather be where your at though

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
26 Feb 2013 7:07PM
Thumbs Up

MickPC said...
beerdead said...

Thats the tracker isnt it? That vid just inspired me to dust off the old delta designs single fin i have and take it for a session. I had a year back in around 2004 when I rode only the single. Very addictive feeling riding one, but been riding quads and thrusters for the last 5years or so. Bring back the single!! (Now just need some swell )

thePup
13831 posts
27 Feb 2013 12:34AM
Thumbs Up

Rise and shine have a sweet day & take it easy

towball
4627 posts
27 Feb 2013 1:33AM
Thumbs Up

thePup said...
Rise and shine have a sweet day & take it easy

Morning pup looken better this mor here's hopping

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
27 Feb 2013 7:34AM
Thumbs Up

they are predicting another 100mm of rain today then a cyclone later in the week here. still smiling though

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
27 Feb 2013 8:43AM
Thumbs Up

weiry said...
they are predicting another 100mm of rain today then a cyclone later in the week here. still smiling though

Can't believe how much you are copping it up there at the moment

Been beautiful weather down this way
,maybe I should keep that quiet don't want to attract the masses

towball
4627 posts
27 Feb 2013 6:07AM
Thumbs Up

weiry said...

Send some over here they have just said we are getting another five week of fine wheather.
Had my 666 on the ground in front of my car this morning , adog came up and pissed on it [}:)]though thats nice OBCT is training dogs now

thePup
13831 posts
27 Feb 2013 6:12AM
Thumbs Up

Rain ...... we get none of that over here geez it's bloody hot .... and dry
But I hope you guys up there get through it okay & unscathed , been enough disaster for one decade

TB - rag , turps & a good flick around bollock regions (of the hound that is!!!)

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
27 Feb 2013 10:49AM
Thumbs Up

towball said...
weiry said...

Had my 666 on the ground in front of my car this morning , adog came up and pissed on it [}:)]though thats nice OBCT is training dogs now

Hahaha , reminds me of the time we came home from camping , the dog was so excited to see the kids he cocked his leg on them , kids not impressed parents thought it was hilarious

MickPC
8266 posts
27 Feb 2013 3:26PM
Thumbs Up

Ctngoodvibes said...
MickPC said...
beerdead said...

Thats the tracker isnt it? That vid just inspired me to dust off the old delta designs single fin i have and take it for a session. I had a year back in around 2004 when I rode only the single. Very addictive feeling riding one, but been riding quads and thrusters for the last 5years or so. Bring back the single!! (Now just need some swell )

Swell would be good, meant to be 1.6m today but nothing happening down my way...maybe Monday if we're lucky.

haha you should wash the dust off with a few waves mate, I almost bought a HB single fin new for $500. But I read somewhere the glass jobs dodgy & got a real good deal & a board on the way. Vids like this make me feel like getting out there on an old vintage shape too. I'm not sure if this is a tracker, I don't know a lot about tracker boards. Whatever it is, he sure knows how to ride it eh

thePup
13831 posts
27 Feb 2013 4:01PM
Thumbs Up

Phew mate I'm at the mine slaving in the heat and was wondering ya got anything .... ahh well tomoz might bring a surprise for the wicked

towball
4627 posts
28 Feb 2013 1:24AM
Thumbs Up

morning all no surf today but tomorrow might be the go ,looks like we might have a couple of spits of rain

thePup
13831 posts
28 Feb 2013 8:01AM
Thumbs Up

Morning all ..... bugger no CW for a while - tech diffs

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"The Good Morning thread" started by towball