Forums > Surfing Longboarding

The Good Morning thread

Created by towball > 9 months ago, 20 Jun 2012
BulldogPup
6657 posts
23 Aug 2012 8:46AM
Thumbs Up

Morning TB n all , bit rainy here but the wind has dropped so I'm off for a perve to see what it's like ... hope Dotcom & the GC lads get amongst it

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
23 Aug 2012 7:02PM
Thumbs Up

obct said...
Now here's a bit of surf history fou you, according to the book MP, that break was where MP was surfing when SA came down with his first thruster for a wave.

It's said that MP got out of the water immediately, went back to his flat, packed his bags and drove back to the goldy.

Yep - this unit has had a few famous residents....the great surf photographer that passed away a few years back used to live in this one and the Nine TV foreign reporter was in this unit before my mate moved in. Its a great spot. I love the busy summer days obct as the swimming pool gets a good work out from the milfs and the point is literally a hop skip and a dance from here. A beer on the balcony provides a great viewing platform. I keep a board and wettie in the garage

SP said...
Nice view Ted, your mate lives in a top spot.

Yep its unreal. Its great to have a mate who lives here and lets me use it as my Sydney base....stoked

How was the weather today? Holly smoke - we went from a super hot day (27C) to blustering winds (35 knots) that caused loads of damage then a storm cell drifted over half an hour ago and gave us thunderstorms and heavy rainfall. More like a summer storm day. Weird.

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
24 Aug 2012 12:20AM
Thumbs Up

Morning Ted,can't you sleep

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
24 Aug 2012 2:25AM
Thumbs Up

62mac said...

Morning Ted,can't you sleep

just home - well not my home but a mates....left him engaged in deep conversation with a lovely young lady we met at dinner tonight. I am backing him!!!

Hows Bali treating ya? So wish I was there right now

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
24 Aug 2012 12:27AM
Thumbs Up

Bali has been good,worked our butts off and not much surfing but this trip was all about work,we will be back here late Feb.

Kind of getting over it atm.

So your mate scores

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
24 Aug 2012 2:30AM
Thumbs Up

good to hear its going well for ya. Great news. As for the Big O he just sms'ed to advise me he would not be home tonight - game on!!!!!

BulldogPup
6657 posts
24 Aug 2012 12:55AM
Thumbs Up

sweet , another Greenroom score

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
24 Aug 2012 12:57AM
Thumbs Up

Night shift pup

BulldogPup
6657 posts
24 Aug 2012 12:59AM
Thumbs Up

Good morning TB (6-pack beer fine to you young man for mentioning something about my red love spuds in the Arkgee thread ) morning all ...

BulldogPup
6657 posts
24 Aug 2012 1:01AM
Thumbs Up

62mac said...

Night shift pup

Nah mate - slipped out earlier only just got back sad to see ya haven't been able to ride much over there mate - pity that

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
24 Aug 2012 1:04AM
Thumbs Up

No biggie mate I knew before we left.

any way I'm hitting the sheets,night all and

Good morning lads.

towball
4627 posts
24 Aug 2012 2:47AM
Thumbs Up

Morning the prezes bloody insomneacks ,friday off shore I'm out there , have to raid the old girls purse for coffee money after

chrispychru
QLD, 7932 posts
24 Aug 2012 5:02AM
Thumbs Up

hello,yes you sir..have great ****ing day then

towball
4627 posts
24 Aug 2012 6:02AM
Thumbs Up

Just had 2hours fun shoulder high glassy as hope you get some chrispy

chrispychru said...

chrispychru
QLD, 7932 posts
24 Aug 2012 8:06AM
Thumbs Up

towball said...

chrispychru said...

about to load the car mate. some good lb waves today for us now wind,stay away for a wee bit[}:)]

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
24 Aug 2012 8:29AM
Thumbs Up

towball said...

Glad ya getting some TB - bloody flat here still sadly. Nice day ahead by the look of it though so its hard to complain too loudly

towball
4627 posts
25 Aug 2012 1:10AM
Thumbs Up

It's that farrrken cold I got up to lite the fire 2hrs to go and I pick mark up some epic waves

chrispychru
QLD, 7932 posts
26 Aug 2012 6:00AM
Thumbs Up

i walked into the darkness and smiled...i am not the light i was looking for..oh well keep walking...

towball
4627 posts
26 Aug 2012 6:56AM
Thumbs Up

Faaaaaaaaaark for a moment there I thought you'd been reading the bible againmorning chrispy

chrispychru said...

i walked into the darkness and smiled...i am not the light i was looking for..oh well keep walking...

Scotty88
4214 posts
26 Aug 2012 7:08AM
Thumbs Up

towball said...

Faaaaaaaaaark for a moment there I thought you'd been reading the bible againmorning chrispy
chrispychru said...

I thought chrispy was going for a 666.

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
26 Aug 2012 8:07AM
Thumbs Up

^ same same

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
26 Aug 2012 10:42AM
Thumbs Up

Man what a way to start the day .

Jump in the car to go and check the surf out , stick it into reverse ,

CRUNCH

F..k wifeys best friends brand new 4 WD , who put that there .

No damage to the Navara but those Mazdas sure do crumple

Man am I in the shiz

Scotty88
4214 posts
26 Aug 2012 9:00AM
Thumbs Up

^^^I guess it's a cold 'doghouse' in Tasy.

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
26 Aug 2012 11:12AM
Thumbs Up

Scotty88 said...

^^^I guess it's a cold 'doghouse' in Tasy.

Wifeys BF hasn't seen it as yet .apparently she is at home chanting must not kill him , must not kill him .

Did I mention she realy realy loves her new car and she is really really hung over after a few too many wines last night ,

explains why the car is parked in my driveway

Scotty88
4214 posts
26 Aug 2012 9:19AM
Thumbs Up

I'm guessing frosty windows played a role.

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
26 Aug 2012 11:58AM
Thumbs Up

Scotty88 said...

Ah yea , well no . But I might use that one Scotty.

Sounds better than in a mad rush to check the surf out and didn't bother looking .

Tis a bit fresh here this Morning snow down to 300 meters . Lack of insulation in the dog house is not real appealing .

SP
10979 posts
26 Aug 2012 4:11PM
Thumbs Up

Tassiedevel said...

Scotty88 said...

Ah yea , well no . But I might use that one Scotty.

Sounds better than in a mad rush to check the surf out and didn't bother looking .

Tis a bit fresh here this Morning snow down to 300 meters . Lack of insulation in the dog house is not real appealing .

Did Tassie survive??

Not a good start to the day mate, hope you at least got in the water.

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
26 Aug 2012 8:04PM
Thumbs Up

SP said...

Tassiedevel said...

Scotty88 said...

Did Tassie survive??

Not a good start to the day mate, hope you at least got in the water.

Haha ,Thanks for the concern SP . Yep I survived , even got in a surf for an hour .
Been out chasing trout all afternoon unfortunately no trout .

Taking the damaged car to the panel beaters next week unfortunately going to be an expensive Sunday morning mistake

Scary how soft those new Mazda 4 wds are the thing crumpled , not a mark on the navara

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
26 Aug 2012 8:17PM
Thumbs Up

Ah that sucks Tassie - at least no one was injured. When I heard on the radio about the snow in yr backyard down to 300m I thought of ya and wondered how cold it was. Ahhhh. Yuck.

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
26 Aug 2012 8:36PM
Thumbs Up

Haha , **** of a southwesterly blowing Ted . Water not too bad but the wind chill factor is a pain as is the spray in your face at take off .

Good excuse for surfing like an old kook and I am sticking to it .

Should be nice by the time you get down . Days are getting longer so summer is on it's way

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"The Good Morning thread" started by towball