VIC, 3829 posts
13 Nov 2012 9:45AM
Thumbs Up

Nice looking stick bro...well done!!

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
13 Nov 2012 6:09PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks fellas. Well its been a rough few days with no really ideal conditions to try her out in but I have had 4 surfs on her now and feeling pretty stoked with her performance. Sadly the wind got hold of her whilst she was lying on the front yard (out of the wind I thought) and picked her up and smashed her against the rock wall.....not happy....but these things happen. I have fixed her up with some solarez for now and will do a proper job when I get home. At least no water was let in!

Here is a pic whilst waxing her up Mac style and then my first wave on her that ended rather quickly after it started The last one is one from this morning....she seems to like a bit of size which surprised me a little. I took some head to head n half late drops on her out in the bay on Sat arvo / Sun and she handled herself very well. Seems to hang in there nicely and with all the volume is very stable. I have not bothered to move the fin around yet - it seems to be working find. Will have a play when the conditions clean up a bit.

Anyway it was very nerve racking but exciting time to paddle her out the first time.....I got the fright of my life when it performed so well on the first wave I ever caught.....its looking like a nice and long fruitful relationship at this stage.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
13 Nov 2012 5:18PM
Thumbs Up

nice work mate. i haven't built a 666 by myself but have been heavily involved with a few protos etc.

nothing better when something comes up trumps

boofy
NSW, 2110 posts
13 Nov 2012 6:36PM
Thumbs Up

Well done Ted and thanks again for going to the trouble of doing this whole thread one of the best threads on seabreeze I was going to start a hollow timber board months ago I got as far as building the table and jig joined a timber surfboard forum saw how much was involved and chickened out

chrispychru
QLD, 7932 posts
13 Nov 2012 5:39PM
Thumbs Up

geez that is such a good effort mate. glad she surfs better than you expected,was that because you had low expectations? or is it because you are kiwi and its choice?

BulldogPup
6657 posts
13 Nov 2012 4:02PM
Thumbs Up

You should be stoked as well as deeply proud of this stick Ted - great job mate and as the other lads said many thanks for the along-the-way-progress pics too

Nice work

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
13 Nov 2012 4:20PM
Thumbs Up

Amazinf stuff Ted as others have said great topic and sweet making and riding your very own board,well done.

Ted I much say you look much better on a longboard than those shortboards mateWelcome old guy

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"The model t takayama Ted Version" started by Ted the Kiwi