Forums > Surfing Longboarding

Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
12 Jan 2014 1:35PM
Thumbs Up

no surf on this part of the coast today sadly as SA's pics show. I woke early and went for a bike ride for 90 mins. First one in a long time so expecting some sore legs and butt tom!

NewScotty
2350 posts
12 Jan 2014 11:10AM
Thumbs Up

Up the Coast with fam and threw the board in (not 666).
It's double over ankle up here.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
12 Jan 2014 1:23PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
NewScotty said...
Up the Coast with fam and threw the board in (not 666).
It's double over ankle up here.

Good on you mate

But it is easy to be nice when the last three days have been brilliant for me

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
13 Jan 2014 12:37PM
Thumbs Up

Had a few small onshore ones yesterday...local was holding its shape OK on the low tide...happy days

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
13 Jan 2014 12:49PM
Thumbs Up

yesterday, morning and arvo session, 2ft plus the odd bigger set. Right in front of home..many hours in the water and don't my shoulders know it today...great feeling .. No surf today though flat

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
13 Jan 2014 7:56PM
Thumbs Up

No waves for me as back at work Looks like we might get some waves later in the week though so might have to work from home a few days

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
14 Jan 2014 1:52PM
Thumbs Up

Ankle high at Bonny Hills...good fun in the sun with no1 son.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
14 Jan 2014 5:04PM
Thumbs Up

It picked up down here yesterday arvo to about 3 feet from the south but its backed off now and theres a howling North easter on it. Still had a couple of days with some waves. Might have a river paddle later if the wind backs off a bit.

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
14 Jan 2014 2:22PM
Thumbs Up

Hit it up with Blair,Vanders and Asea this morning good times had

surfanimal
NSW, 1643 posts
14 Jan 2014 6:59PM
Thumbs Up

We had a slight increase this morning - 2 foot with the odd 2 1/2 foot sneaker set.

Conditions nice but the tide killed it a touch - still a great sunrise !

SP
10979 posts
14 Jan 2014 4:19PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said..

It picked up down here yesterday arvo to about 3 feet from the south but its backed off now and theres a howling North easter on it. Still had a couple of days with some waves. Might have a river paddle later if the wind backs off a bit.

You seem to be going well with the recovery. Is a return to the longboard on the horizon?

surfanimal
NSW, 1643 posts
16 Jan 2014 6:40PM
Thumbs Up

This morning at Greenhills care of Swellnet - that's me high-side on the left riding my 10'6 ECS SUP - great start to the day !

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
16 Jan 2014 6:18PM
Thumbs Up

Sup animal i piss myself everytime you post ...truly

i never thought anybody was worse than mac for pimping
but you are A grade prime pimp.
i bet you have ECS pyjamas.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
16 Jan 2014 7:19PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

smh said..

You seem to be going well with the recovery. Is a return to the longboard on the horizon?

The recovery is going really good but I've only been on the 666. When not out surfing it I'm doing 1-2 hr flatwater paddles down the local rivermost days. Cant believe how much better I feel. Will get the longboard out someday but dont know when. Just ride the 666 like a longboard because it looks like a blown up longboard and goes really well. In the meantime I'm happy sticking around in this room.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
16 Jan 2014 7:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
weiry said..

Funny Weiry. I guess one day soon you will be out there on your new yellow stick. Can you have a red and yellow in the same garage ? Its like you have an open relationship

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
16 Jan 2014 7:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

weiry said..

Funny Weiry. I guess one day soon you will be out there on your new yellow stick. Can you have a red and yellow in the same garage ? Its like you have an open relationship

hahahahaha Ted you forgot the JP twins

SP
10979 posts
16 Jan 2014 5:04PM
Thumbs Up

What ??? we're pimping.... MacT is missing out...

I got this one Mac...

And the beer is delicious

Book is a good read too

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
16 Jan 2014 7:05PM
Thumbs Up

what are you talking about Sean your welcome more than anyone.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
16 Jan 2014 8:08PM
Thumbs Up

SP drop that book and read the Elko Book - I could not put it down. Probably the best surfing bio I have read now. I had just read the Carroll one and thought that was good but Elko kicked its butt for me

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
16 Jan 2014 7:09PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

What we're pimoing.... Mac is missing out

is that a roll of toilet paper in the background.
please dont tell me your in the sh!t house having a read and a beer.
dont stick the pages together will ya

SP
10979 posts
16 Jan 2014 5:09PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smh said...
SP said..

smh said..

The recovery is going really good but I've only been on the 666. When not out surfing it I'm doing 1-2 hr flatwater paddles down the local rivermost days. Cant believe how much better I feel. Will get the longboard out someday but dont know when. Just ride the 666 like a longboard because it looks like a blown up longboard and goes really well. In the meantime I'm happy sticking around in this room.

Great to hear your enjoying it, and back out there. I haven't even had a swim in the ocean since December. And your always welcome mate....

SP
10979 posts
16 Jan 2014 5:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said...
SP drop that book and read the Elko Book - I could not put it down. Probably the best surfing bio I have read now. I had just read the Carroll one and thought that was good but Elko kicked its butt for me

Got it the week it came out, read it in a week and haven't seen it since... The boys are still passing it around. As you said great read..

I also read tommy Carroll's. worth a read but I agree not as good as kong.

Jeff Hakmans is a cracker if u haven't read that

And weiry , I'm an organized wanker. I

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
16 Jan 2014 8:19PM
Thumbs Up

Ahh yes the JH story - I used to love that book - had the nice hard cover edition - lent that and the first Mavericks book with the Mark Foo death in it to a mate many many moons ago and it never came back - apparently his old man liked them and then his mates. I should myself a replacement.

surfanimal
NSW, 1643 posts
16 Jan 2014 8:37PM
Thumbs Up

Sorry you feel that way Weiry.

If it's a problem don't read them and move on.

I've sensed an irritation in your replies. Lol.

You could add some photos or construction yourself. Even pimp JP some. You may find it gives you discounts.

Have I told you about ECS boards BTW ?

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
16 Jan 2014 8:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

Ted the Kiwi said...

Got it the week it came out, read it in a week and haven't seen it since... The boys are still passing it around. As you said great read..

I also read tommy Carroll's. worth a read but I agree not as good as kong.

Jeff Hakmans is a cracker if u haven't read that

And weiry , I'm an organized wanker. I

SP i havent heard of Jeff hakman in years.
i had this poster of him hanging five in the barrel off sth america.

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
16 Jan 2014 7:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said..

What ??? we're pimping.... MacT is missing out...

I got this one Mac...

And the beer is delicious

Book is a good read too

Champion post is all I can sayis the beer good mate?

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
16 Jan 2014 9:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
supanimal said..

Sorry you feel that way Weiry.

If it's a problem don't read them and move on.

I've sensed an irritation in your replies. Lol.

You could add some photos or construction yourself. Even pimp JP some. You may find it gives you discounts.

Have I told you about ECS boards BTW ?

an irritation would be a photo of you in your ECS pyjamas

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
16 Jan 2014 9:23PM
Thumbs Up

who are they anyway..dont they make Sh!tty 666 boards.

surfanimal
NSW, 1643 posts
18 Jan 2014 7:34AM
Thumbs Up

1 1/2 foot but found a few runs before the crowds - water cooler today after the howling northerlies.

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
18 Jan 2014 12:37PM
Thumbs Up

Same old place however I got smashed. While vanders smashed it up oh well them the breaks.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo