Forums > Surfing Longboarding

Where did you surf today?

Created by Simondo > 9 months ago, 23 Mar 2013
MickPC
8266 posts
18 Jan 2014 1:38PM
Thumbs Up

Had a few small fun ones on the 666 just as the cross shore came in & left me with just a few others out at the local. Enjoyed acting as a wave spotter for a couple of cute teen chicks

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
18 Jan 2014 8:36PM
Thumbs Up

Like you said chrispy the wind,the f****N wind.
today nice easterly 4ft waves with this southerly 20 kn wind ,killed it.
no wind tomorrow and offshore monday so fingers X.

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
18 Jan 2014 11:08PM
Thumbs Up

Small fun waves this morning at home.. I errrr'ed this morning and dropped in on someone, could not see them making the section i was on ..they DID... bailed out the way quickly. Apologised on the way back out..copped the biggest spray.... turned to say something and it was a lady..bloody shocked..I learnt new words .. surf was lucky to be a foot high.. I had a stunned look on my face and my 12 yr old son asked "did she really just say that...geeezz, get a life lady"...others in the line-up heard my son and just cracked up after that... became the most fun session

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
19 Jan 2014 5:05AM
Thumbs Up

Hitting the road heading south,might bump into bigspazz on one of his old logs,LM is maxing out shortboard sort of day there,enjoy the day you all.

surfanimal
NSW, 1643 posts
19 Jan 2014 12:05PM
Thumbs Up

Smaller today and the wind has in the past little while swung SE after what seems like weeks of north quarter wind.

Got some tiny lefts (and rights) on the SUP captured by Swellnet.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
19 Jan 2014 3:23PM
Thumbs Up

Weak small and crap up this way but took the 9'2" for a swim anyway. Water still a bit frosty on top after the northerlies.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
19 Jan 2014 4:44PM
Thumbs Up

Small east / north east swell but the southeast wind is wrecking it a bit. Too windy for the 666. Might have a look later.

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
19 Jan 2014 7:38PM
Thumbs Up

Double sesh today second sesh rocky point all to myself until two lid riders rolled up by then I had enough anyway..

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
19 Jan 2014 6:17PM
Thumbs Up

Are you the new pup.Weiry?reds for everything

Surf I went to macs spot yesterday...for a while..too crowded,then headed north of Kirra and scored pumping beachies

Today I went on a boat trip to a nearby island...
My first wave was never to be forgotten...dropped down late straight into a massive tube,best wave off the year...everything went downhill from there.....
I have never been so scared as I was for the next 30 minutes. This is another thread....yet right now I'm so happy to be at work...because at one stage I was praying....
**** that ****,i'm old and don't need it....yet that first one
still plays over in my mind

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
19 Jan 2014 9:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..
because at one stage I was praying....

Is that why you called and left an abusive message on my answer phone

Glad you got at least one good wave Chrispy - not had a decent wave since last Wednesday. And that feels like many moons ago. Will call you tom as its an early night for me with a huge day tom.

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
19 Jan 2014 8:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

Are you the new pup.Weiry?reds for everything

Surf I went to macs spot yesterday...for a while..too crowded,then headed north of Kirra and scored pumping beachies

Today I went on a boat trip to a nearby island...
My first wave was never to be forgotten...dropped down late straight into a massive tube,best wave off the year...everything went downhill from there.....
I have never been so scared as I was for the next 30 minutes. This is another thread....yet right now I'm so happy to be at work...because at one stage I was praying....

hahahaha chrispy guess so. but you know me i love it yep i love the red so bring it on cock smokers hahahahahahahah

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
19 Jan 2014 6:53PM
Thumbs Up

Big day at the bay today about 3 hours and rooted

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
19 Jan 2014 10:05PM
Thumbs Up

I'm hoping we get some better swell down here soon. Didn't even get out for a late one as the wind was still up a bit. Glad to see the Goldy crew getting amongst it though.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
24 Jan 2014 8:51AM
Thumbs Up

3ft and offshore - not perfect but some fun ones. Shared it with 3 others for 90 mins then the mob arrived. Can not wait for winter or at least the school holidays to finish

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
24 Jan 2014 11:32PM
Thumbs Up

Had a late one after work. Only small but glassed off after rain. Had some nice little lefts with only one other long boarder on the bank . Nice

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
25 Jan 2014 4:22PM
Thumbs Up

Rainbow I had to wait for the wind change and paddled out with only 3 longboarders out a couple of short dudes without any ideaand a few clubbies,it was small but as time went by it became really good fun on the log,so the crowd grow as the quality improved,this board with modern features paddles like a dream and is so fast down the line,yep I'm love'n life

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
25 Jan 2014 7:13PM
Thumbs Up

enjoy yourself and start saving ya money because then i get back in action with my hotlog you'll be wanting to get another new board fella

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
25 Jan 2014 5:44PM
Thumbs Up

Sorry never going to happen

are you free for a long coffee tomorrow?

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
25 Jan 2014 7:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
62mac said..

Sorry never going to happen

are you free for a long coffee tomorrow?

yeah, i've got a run to do real early before it gets hot and a lazy paddle a some stage but the rest of the day is what ever.

redneck city tomorrow mac

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
25 Jan 2014 6:06PM
Thumbs Up

Yes mate redneck city should be fun but keep it on the low we don't want any Tom Dick and Harry turning up I'll text you when we are done.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
25 Jan 2014 6:09PM
Thumbs Up

Scored super fun and glassy waves for a few hours..happy days

It's saying 30knot winds and 10ft for tomorrow...are you surfing it mac?

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
25 Jan 2014 6:13PM
Thumbs Up

Was it a short or longboard rampage?

MickPC
8266 posts
25 Jan 2014 6:16PM
Thumbs Up

pfft didn't even bodysurf lol...its flat as over here.....been wanting to ask for 10 days or so, PUP MIA? Havn't seen his comments for a while & its been too small at the local where we usually meet.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
25 Jan 2014 6:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
62mac said...
Was it a short or longboard rampage?

?

If me surfed the chrispy chip....I love this board in the small stuff would hqve been fun on the longboard as well,just perfect glassy peelers

climber
NSW, 1125 posts
26 Jan 2014 12:08AM
Thumbs Up

Had a road trip last 4 days... took No1 Son up to Broken Head...had a blast on the beachies for the days..got some brilliant surf.
Totally knackered..(but off to the local break on the morn..). Had a blast on the old mid length in the fatter stuff and tide dropped...ahhhh lovin the new shorty

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
26 Jan 2014 10:37AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
climber said...
Had a road trip last 4 days... took No1 Son up to Broken Head...had a blast on the beachies for the days..got some brilliant surf.
Totally knackered..(but off to the local break on the morn..). Had a blast on the old mid length in the fatter stuff and tide dropped...ahhhh lovin the new shorty

Good stuff...

Me I surfed the OGCCST and it was a bit all over the place.
Well over head and thick,I think my experience last week made this seem not so bad...I guess no reef helps

Old mate across the road hit the points,said he had a ball but the crowd was stoopid..Mac? I'm looking at tge cam now and the maccas bank looks the pic

vanders1
QLD, 3809 posts
26 Jan 2014 2:03PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed LM this morning with mac, was pretty good early with nice clean 2 - 2-1/2' sets, got busy as the morning went on with the wind getting into it a bit. I had the 10' whalebone working a treat after moving the fin forward 1/2", I'm really loving this board!!!

Mac got a couple of nice ones too but I reckon he's getting a bit fussy in his old age.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
26 Jan 2014 2:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vanders1 said..

Surfed LM this morning with mac, was pretty good early with nice clean 2 - 2-1/2' sets, got busy as the morning went on with the wind getting into it a bit. I had the 10' whalebone working a treat after moving the fin forward 1/2", I'm really loving this board!!!

Mac got a couple of nice ones too but I reckon he's getting a bit fussy in his old age.

no, he's not getting fussy, he just falls asleep between waves- nanny naps.

just poke him in the ribs once in a while

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
26 Jan 2014 12:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
vanders1 said...

Whalebone vs hotlog...why the new hotlog Vanders? what do your like about your whalebone,and why the new hotlog?

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
26 Jan 2014 1:06PM
Thumbs Up

Fussy I can't be,after our surf I hang out with Lacey and showed him how a longboarder drinks coffee,he is coming along fine

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo