10979 posts
21 Aug 2013 6:05PM
Thumbs Up

Tassiedevel said..

SP said..

Hahaa it is 2. Link below. Nutters

http://www.redbullstormchase.com/mission-2?videoNid=1548#missionStage

Owned , hahaha .

Great video , rather be on the plane then the ferry on days like that Ted .

Haha, I was at the coffee shop when I saw it was posted already and laughed loudly, got a few weird looks....

Just saw a bit on the news, wow. looked crazy on a bigger screen...

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
21 Aug 2013 6:13PM
Thumbs Up

Watched it on the news as well,mental people.

While I.surfed ankle high .slippers.and.had a ball. I should be getting a log tomoz not a hp.shorty with our outlook for waves.

Anyone keen for a trip.down the coast? Ballerina,iluka or preferably angas?

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
21 Aug 2013 6:14PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said...
Watched it on the news as well,mental people.

While I.surfed ankle high .slippers.and.had a ball. I should be getting a log tomoz not a hp.shorty with our outlook for waves.

Anyone keen for a trip.down the coast? Ballerina,iluka or preferably angas?

I won't change the predictive txt as it made me laugh

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
21 Aug 2013 9:13PM
Thumbs Up

I surfed a new road today - the previous named F3 is now called the M1. Game on. Got dropped in on a few times and burnt a few people myself. Had a couple of oversized truckies think they were too good for everyone else but otherwise it was a fairly average session. I am going to try and miss it completely tom and surf somewhere more local.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
21 Aug 2013 7:54PM
Thumbs Up

Ted that is some funny ****. So glad I don't do the old Parramatta rd drive these days. Geez I get flustered sitting 10 deep at the light lol

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
21 Aug 2013 10:03PM
Thumbs Up

Whats a freeway

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
21 Aug 2013 10:03PM
Thumbs Up

what are traffic lights

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
21 Aug 2013 8:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
weiry said...
Whats a freeway

It's a open stretch off road that they charge you to.drive on....free way?

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
21 Aug 2013 8:14PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
weiry said...
what are traffic lights

This is debatable on the gold Coast. Some dance to them,some use them to attract clients and some people.go faster when they see them

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
21 Aug 2013 10:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

weiry said...
Whats a freeway

It's a open stretch off road that they charge you to.drive on....free way?

No way

and four lanes that also sounds like fun. you lucky lucky b****s

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
21 Aug 2013 10:18PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

weiry said...
what are traffic lights

This is debatable on the gold Coast. Some dance to them,some use them to attract clients and some people.go faster when they see them

your on fire tonight mr crunch

thePup
13831 posts
22 Aug 2013 2:31PM
Thumbs Up

Got the forecast all wrong some surprisingly decent fun - glad I went along for the look see - wicked

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
22 Aug 2013 3:46PM
Thumbs Up

Same as it has been all week. Small glassy and super fun.
Will be hitting yamba way Saturday if the fam are good to find some of this swell that we will be missing.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
22 Aug 2013 6:41PM
Thumbs Up

I surfed the office today - it was as flat as a flat thing though with some long lulls as expected. I somehow managed to sneak into a few closeouts before the dreaded drop in pricks came back to bite me. The air temp was cold and the office freezing - should have had the heater on but toughed it out with the new 3/2 sealed. One of those hat things or heated vests that TD wears would have been nice with the sudden temp drop this arvo. Outlook for tom is more of the same.

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
22 Aug 2013 5:23PM
Thumbs Up

Funny Ted I just did a late Southport t Burleigh in peak hour dropins everywhere so I joined in and set a cracking pace only until the next red light.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
22 Aug 2013 9:00PM
Thumbs Up

I did actually do a drive by this morning but sadly had no time to get in....a few nice ones were coming through but it looked like some long lulls whilst I took a couple of snaps

vanders1
QLD, 3809 posts
22 Aug 2013 10:07PM
Thumbs Up

Beaut photos Ted!!!!

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
24 Aug 2013 3:54PM
Thumbs Up

My bank is still working and surfed a few hours with the farmer. Perfect waves to practise dancing......I failed again

thePup
13831 posts
24 Aug 2013 7:02PM
Thumbs Up

Got in bang on 7am - the only one out for over an hour ( times 9 !!!) .... devil north was just easing up .... got some nice ones too solid if a bit lumpy for a while .... happy 3 days in a row more tomoz

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
24 Aug 2013 9:16PM
Thumbs Up

i scored the best waves on the goldie today. kirra to alley

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
24 Aug 2013 11:28PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Clay... moffat's was as flat as a hat but the water looked fantastic cheers mate. going for a fish tomorrow smithy did well today yeeew

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
25 Aug 2013 12:20PM
Thumbs Up

Completely.surprised at the waves on offer. So surfed out and feeling great. Shame this swell will not hang around

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
25 Aug 2013 2:29PM
Thumbs Up

Looks fun Chrispy!

Winki was fun today. Really low crowds for a Sunday... I must have lucked into it.
Tried a new board today... Paddled really well, but lacked the drive off the bottom that I'm used to... Still a fun session though.

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
25 Aug 2013 12:35PM
Thumbs Up

Strong rumour is this new board is getting the flick well that the impression I got from a guy called Simon who called me straight after this session.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
25 Aug 2013 12:43PM
Thumbs Up

Would different fin set-up give you the missing drive grom man? Have you tried a different set-up?

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
25 Aug 2013 12:46PM
Thumbs Up

Dog is what I was told on the phone.

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
25 Aug 2013 2:52PM
Thumbs Up

PS - the board that lacks drive is NOT a McTavish!

Chrisy, I've mucked around with fins before, looking for drive... The fin set-up looks like it should have drive. But, it is lacking.
The trim speed wasn't brilliant either... I'll post 3 videos in the coming weeks, giving you a run down on what works, what I like, and this one that just misses the mark.

Simondo
VIC, 8020 posts
25 Aug 2013 2:57PM
Thumbs Up

Correct Mac! Not a complete Dog, not a Bad Dog, but a Dog in terms of drive!
Looks like a million dollars, has many other redeeming features, and still surf quite well...
But a partial dog, none-the-less!

It's kind of like dating Jennifer Aniston, only to find out that she doesn't do your favorite tricks and maneuvers in bed! LoL

vanders1
QLD, 3809 posts
25 Aug 2013 3:11PM
Thumbs Up

A good morning it was today!!! Mac & Boofy were getting their share of little underpowered sliders, we had to really work to get on them but they were certainly clean & glassy. I still don't know why mac is even remotly interested in riding any board other than his cruiser, he was dominating Snapper today, Boofy's 10' CW is a cracker to ride too, thanks for sharing buddy!!! Good to see Boofy getting a few gems on the CW green machine, I can see one in your future mate.

Lacey made a late entrance, nailed 2 waves & called it, a statement if I've ever seen one!!!

Whales & dolphins everywhere, crystal clear water & good company, giddy up!!!

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"Where did you surf today?" started by Simondo