NSW, 14256 posts
14 Oct 2013 3:41PM
Thumbs Up

#t=46

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
14 Oct 2013 1:31PM
Thumbs Up

What a **** advertisement for 666. This is why I hate the pricks at my local. They are just not designed to get out the back. Plus all the kooks I see paddling on their knees is even more laughable..stand up and be competent or **** off. And before the haters start on me,there are kooks everywhere,yes there are,just not as dangerous as these knobs. If you want to argue,pm me and we will organise a Surf for a guided tour on stupidity

NewScotty
2350 posts
14 Oct 2013 1:41PM
Thumbs Up

It was comforting to see a few wearing legropes.
I can't emphasise enough the importance of wearing a legrope in the surf.
Do you know how dangerous it can be in a crowded line up without a legrope ?

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
14 Oct 2013 1:53PM
Thumbs Up

I think you dodgy eastern suburbs types are more the type who love to be tied up to a length of rubber cord......safety pffft kinky yes keep up the Oxford street Surf reports mate

NewScotty
2350 posts
14 Oct 2013 2:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

I think you dodgy eastern suburbs types are more the type who love to be tied up to a length of rubber cord......safety pffft kinky yes keep up the Oxford street Surf reports mate

Just to clarify, Oxford Street is inner city not Eastern Suburbs.
I'm from the fair dinkum part of the East anyway.
I bet you visited DCM's more then me in your time and perhaps a Black Market visit or 2 as well.

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
14 Oct 2013 4:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

What a **** advertisement for 666. This is why I hate the pricks at my local. They are just not designed to get out the back. Plus all the kooks I see paddling on their knees is even more laughable..stand up and be competent or **** off. And before the haters start on me,there are kooks everywhere,yes there are,just not as dangerous as these knobs. If you want to argue,pm me and we will organise a Surf for a guided tour on stupidity

chrispy- just how much did you pay for your local,when did you buy it, i imagine it would have been very dear.

exactly why i don't do bop. board are too costly to get trashed.

btw at the start i said if you don't like the dark side - DON'T LOOK.

every considered that you just might be the hater.

its good all at the day's end start

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
14 Oct 2013 2:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ted the Kiwi said..

?rel=0

there should be more of these clips I love them

laceys lane
QLD, 19803 posts
14 Oct 2013 4:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
62mac said..

Ted the Kiwi said..

?rel=0

there should be more of these clips I love them

i can arrange for you to live the dream mac

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
14 Oct 2013 2:42PM
Thumbs Up

No lacey I'm not the Hater. It's just these fools have turned up by the bucket load lately. It's not a point where ya get out the back easily,it's a beachie and these clowns think it is sweet to bail when it suits them. Hey enjoy the ocean,just don't go and kill. everyone around you because you a're a incompent fool. Oh and believe me I have read it all. IE: I love 666 because I can surf anywhere,way more peace finding waves that the other kooks can't blah blah
Blah. As I said come surf with me lacey and then see if I'm a hater

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
14 Oct 2013 4:49PM
Thumbs Up

i dont see your point chrispy.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
14 Oct 2013 2:51PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
weiry said...

That's not my fault Weiry. Help me buddy

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
14 Oct 2013 4:58PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..

weiry said...

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
14 Oct 2013 3:06PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
weiry said...
chrispy said..

weiry said...

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
14 Oct 2013 3:50PM
Thumbs Up

Scotty your not going to like this but I never wear a leggie on my 666

wavelength
1195 posts
14 Oct 2013 4:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said..
No lacey I'm not the Hater. It's just these fools have turned up by the bucket load lately. It's not a point where ya get out the back easily,it's a beachie and these clowns think it is sweet to bail when it suits them. Hey enjoy the ocean,just don't go and kill. everyone around you because you a're a incompent fool. Oh and believe me I have read it all. IE: I love 666 because I can surf anywhere,way more peace finding waves that the other kooks can't blah blah

Blah. As I said come surf with me lacey and then see if I'm a hater

BUT I DO love 666 because I can surf anywhere,way more peace finding waves that the other kooks can't blah blah

thePup
13831 posts
14 Oct 2013 7:21PM
Thumbs Up

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
18 Oct 2013 7:38AM
Thumbs Up

What a plonker !!

A CALIFORNIAN surfer found himself in a position that would scare most of us as a great white shark swum under his board.
Mike Durand said he heard two great whites were spotted off Manhattan Beach so he took his video camera out to see if he could get some footage of them.

The shark glides under his board and even bumps into it.

Durand has been forced to answer to KXAN why he would put himself in that sort of danger.

"It's exciting. I like to live on the edge," he said.

"I like to surf good-sized waves and do things that scare me a little bit. It makes me feel alive, so when I saw the shark, I was like, 'Aww, there it is. That's the footage I've wanted to get. I will pursue this shark a little bit.??? I didn't know he would pursue me."

The sharks are juveniles and measure about 1.2 metres to 2.2 metres long.

A team of scientists from Monterrey Bay Aquarium are trying to tag the sharks for research purposes.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
21 Oct 2013 6:55PM
Thumbs Up

Great little vid this one. Definitely worthy of a place in the dark room thread

ChrisMcC
NSW, 667 posts
22 Oct 2013 2:58PM
Thumbs Up

Mac ... cannot believe what I have just read ... A 666??? What the biku were you thinking??? You know it's just a fad mate, like windsurfing!!

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
22 Oct 2013 1:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ChrisMcC said..

Mac ... cannot believe what I have just read ... A 666??? What the biku were you thinking??? You know it's just a fad mate, like windsurfing!!

Hahaha,I hear your getting a log Lacey has seen the light finally

ChrisMcC
NSW, 667 posts
22 Oct 2013 5:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
62mac said..

ChrisMcC said..

Hahaha,I hear your getting a log Lacey has seen the light finally

What do you mean "getting", have had one for years. Have not ridden it for about 6 years though.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
23 Oct 2013 9:51PM
Thumbs Up

Something to aspire to you 666ers !!!! This is the best 666 I have ever seen by a long way. Effortless and smooth.

#t=233

wavelength
1195 posts
23 Oct 2013 7:49PM
Thumbs Up

Yep Ted, that's the best performance stuff in waves of consequence (for chicken-hearted me anyway) I have seen.
But from an LB perspective I still love the lines Laird draws in this old vid:

(except for the spins, which don't really do it for me. I shall have a word with him next time I see him. )

PS. And Scotty can say something with regard to leashes if he wants.

E T
QLD, 2286 posts
24 Oct 2013 7:27AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ChrisMcC said..

What is BIKU??????????

ET.

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
24 Oct 2013 5:30AM
Thumbs Up

They sell second hand surfboards only mct's of course

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
24 Oct 2013 9:14AM
Thumbs Up

Really enjoyed boh those videos thanks Ted and Wavelength .

shows how supping/ surfing has changed , will have to have a go at spinning on the board like laird , looks fun- can feel some bruises coming on

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
24 Oct 2013 9:16AM
Thumbs Up

Good post wavelength - I have watched that video loads myself - love it - so smooth and effortless. The good guys always make things look so easy !

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
24 Oct 2013 10:27AM
Thumbs Up

Both good vids and a big contrast in styles.

ChrisMcC
NSW, 667 posts
24 Oct 2013 11:09AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
E T said..

ChrisMcC said..

What is BIKU??????????

ET.

Everytime I drive past I think the same same thing. What is BIKU

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"dark side thread" started by laceys lane