Forums > Surfing Longboarding

ted the kiwis beer garden surf report

Created by chrispychru > 9 months ago, 25 May 2012
Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
6 Jun 2012 10:57AM
Thumbs Up

Stormy 8-10ft surf with a howling southerly wind. Yuck.

stuk
NSW, 893 posts
7 Jun 2012 12:34PM
Thumbs Up

Saltwater Point Thursday

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
7 Jun 2012 12:41PM
Thumbs Up

stuk said...

Saltwater Point Thursday

Nice work - looks like it was fun up your way. All our normal spots that work in those conditions were crap yesterday sadly. Did you get a few fun ones? Doesn't look that busy.

SP
10979 posts
7 Jun 2012 10:46AM
Thumbs Up

^^
Same around here Ted, just went for a look, that southerly is just destroying everything,

I found out what the wind difference was the other night too, the wind gauge at Nobbys broke.

You keep posting pictures like that StuK and it could be a busy long weekend up there.

Be interesting to see what the next bit of swell comes through like, hopefully a bit more surf friendly.

stuk
NSW, 893 posts
7 Jun 2012 1:00PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^ Still nursing the sore shoulder so didnt go out. The photos dont give the size justice either, set waves were in the 6-8 foot mark probably about 5 in the water.

The locals up here have a bit of a tongue in cheek winge, call it Newcastle Point due to all the Newy surfers who come up here. As I was watching a guy with a Sam Egan shorty was going in, likely come up for the day.

I didnt get photos but I was down south of Forster checking boomers and celitos on Wednesday they have some good banks at the moment.

SP
10979 posts
7 Jun 2012 11:08AM
Thumbs Up

Haha, that's funny, so easy to get there now, the bypasses make it heaps quicker than it used to be, takes almost the same time for us as boomers.

I'd reckon seals would have been alright Wednesday , did you go that far down?

stuk
NSW, 893 posts
7 Jun 2012 1:32PM
Thumbs Up

No got to Bungwahl, wife and I just went for a drive, but not seals. You can see straight across to there from celitos, probably in the 3-4' range and offshore.

chrispychru
QLD, 7932 posts
7 Jun 2012 2:02PM
Thumbs Up

well it might have been small at lm,but it was ****ing nuts across the pond from me. checked the local,very messy and thought i would venture over. 6.30ish in the water and solid 4ft spitting slabs. the waves were thicker than height. i am not good enough. 3 waves and 3 ****ing unbelievable beatings,i was puffed,ego was smashed and i paddled home with my tail between my legs. the bullet is in one piece so something good came out of the day. im still blowing water out off my head now.

boofy
NSW, 2110 posts
7 Jun 2012 2:08PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Lads surfed Snapper throught to Greenmount this morn 3 foot good conditions didnt get any photos had to park to far away but here are some from a D,bah beachie I took on the way home
I have this new Panasonic Lumix camera it takes half an hour to upload 3 photos now does anyone else experience this long time to upload or am I doing something wrong
Mac checked Cow Bay thinking it might be working no luck I think it needs a big easterly swell really

Scotty88
4214 posts
7 Jun 2012 12:13PM
Thumbs Up

Boofy, I've always used Sd card and transfer to com with card reader plugged into USB.
No probs.

boofy
NSW, 2110 posts
7 Jun 2012 2:18PM
Thumbs Up

chrispychru said...

well it might have been small at lm,but it was ****ing nuts across the pond from me. checked the local,very messy and thought i would venture over. 6.30ish in the water and solid 4ft spitting slabs. the waves were thicker than height. i am not good enough. 3 waves and 3 ****ing unbelievable beatings,i was puffed,ego was smashed and i paddled home with my tail between my legs. the bullet is in one piece so something good came out of the day. im still blowing water out off my head now.

Credit to you even going over there while this swell is even around I stopped in a Kingy in way up was to wild for me filthy sweep there to

boofy
NSW, 2110 posts
7 Jun 2012 2:23PM
Thumbs Up

Scotty88 said...

Boofy, I've always used Sd card and transfer to com with card reader plugged into USB.
No probs.

Thanks Scotty will try that this camera is supposed to be 12meteres waterproof but everytime I go to take it in the ocean I chicken out just doesnt seem right

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
7 Jun 2012 3:07PM
Thumbs Up

boofy said...

Scotty88 said...

No probs.

Thanks Scotty will try that this camera is supposed to be 12meteres waterproof but everytime I go to take it in the ocean I chicken out just doesnt seem right

Make sure you wash it in fresh water after each use. Thats a must if you want any life out of it.

As for loading pics - like Scotty said - use the card to read directly to your PC. USB cables are notoriously slow and annoying. They work when you need them as a last resort but best to not.

Once you get them on your PC for posting to SB and emails etc its best if you can shrink their size to 250ish....pretty easy to do on most photo programs - just "export" and then select the file size you desire. If you do not have a decent photo program Google have a great one called picassa thats free and easy to use.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
7 Jun 2012 3:29PM
Thumbs Up

SP said...

Haha, that's funny, so easy to get there now, the bypasses make it heaps quicker than it used to be, takes almost the same time for us as boomers.

I'd reckon seals would have been alright Wednesday , did you go that far down?

next week is looking good as well.....maybe time to go club some Seals!!! Or raid Stuk's right-hander.........

SP
10979 posts
7 Jun 2012 8:59PM
Thumbs Up

^^
Yeah looks like it might be ok, think we are planing a little road trip over the weekend

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
8 Jun 2012 10:14AM
Thumbs Up

Shippies was firing yesterday - how good does that look TB - bring back some memories?

SP
10979 posts
8 Jun 2012 9:46AM
Thumbs Up

Sydney yesterday,

Inside Newcastle harbour Wednesday.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
9 Jun 2012 1:50PM
Thumbs Up

4 to 6ft here today. Some big peaks were still coming through every so often. Lots of fun but not for my neighbour.....

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
11 Jun 2012 5:07PM
Thumbs Up

5.5 meter swell for tomorrow here.

BulldogPup
6657 posts
11 Jun 2012 5:20PM
Thumbs Up

5.2 for us on Wednesday , but onshore from the south

Edit: bad luck about the mate's stick Ted - no good mate

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
13 Jun 2012 9:04AM
Thumbs Up

Big and loads of east in the swell. You could go out if you were keen or had a jet ski....But in reality nowhere around here is working this morning sadly....a 20 min drive is required and I do not have time sadly......tom should be good I am a hoping.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
13 Jun 2012 11:13AM
Thumbs Up

Couple from Saturday morning, early

Some say WA has sh!t surf

chrispychru
QLD, 7932 posts
13 Jun 2012 1:24PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...

Couple from Saturday morning, early

Some say WA has sh!t surf

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
13 Jun 2012 11:29AM
Thumbs Up

2 foot

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
13 Jun 2012 11:33AM
Thumbs Up

62mac said...

2 foot

Much bigger than LM ever gets

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
14 Jun 2012 11:57AM
Thumbs Up

too big for me today. its massive here. will upload some photos later when I get a chance.

towball
4627 posts
14 Jun 2012 10:28AM
Thumbs Up

Same here

Ted the Kiwi said...

too big for me today. its massive here. will upload some photos later when I get a chance.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
14 Jun 2012 3:11PM
Thumbs Up

yep....Manly was pumping this morning and still is from what I hear. Its just been one of those days up here.....massive and not really doing it. I watched two boogie boarders taking on some monsters at one spot and a huge 10ft plus set came through and mowed them down. We all felt for them as this thing exploded in front of them. Scary. They were washed in half drowned. My shots have not come out well so have not bothered posting them. The GF is down the beach at the moment so if she gets some goodies I will post them later. The reefs were a little bit wonky. 3 blokes took one of them on but the big sets looked a bit frightening for me so I stayed out of harms way. The rest of them looked unreal. Ahhhh what a whimp

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
14 Jun 2012 6:21PM
Thumbs Up

It's settled down here a fair bit ( south coast ) but still the odd 5 foot set. Yesterday Arvo was solid. Got to get some pics for Chrispy at a certain spot he likes.
Looks like another low forming off the far south coast Sun - Mon. That will be 3 east coast lows in 3 weeks.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"ted the kiwis beer garden surf report" started by chrispychru