Forums > Surfing Longboarding

ted the kiwis beer garden surf report

Created by chrispychru > 9 months ago, 25 May 2012
chrispychru
QLD, 7932 posts
2 Jul 2012 5:41PM
Thumbs Up

asea said...

Chrispy must have been the bullet no trouble making waves on the mal,go get a mal up ya

really asea seen you a fair bit behind me when we were paddling to nowhere
be drugged up and ready for tomoz papa bear pmsl that really was no fun today though, it was ****

asea
NSW, 5510 posts
2 Jul 2012 5:50PM
Thumbs Up

chrispychru said...

asea said...

Chrispy must have been the bullet no trouble making waves on the mal,go get a mal up ya

really asea seen you a fair bit behind me when we were paddling to nowhere
be drugged up and ready for tomoz papa bear pmsl that really was no fun today though, it was ****

young Chrispy was injured,paddle was crap but hey when you got onto a wave it was worth it i think

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
7 Jul 2012 3:24PM
Thumbs Up

surf here this week , flat to flatter , supposed to change overnight .
looking out my kitchen window at penguin reef

looking over preservation bay to midpoint rocks

looking over penguin

chrispychru
QLD, 7932 posts
7 Jul 2012 7:53PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^no surf or not,that is so beautiful. great pics mate

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
7 Jul 2012 10:05PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Chrispy reminds me a lot of the sunshine coast / montville area just take about 10 degrees off the temp and about a million people off the population .

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
7 Jul 2012 8:11PM
Thumbs Up

Great photos and what about the viewPhoto 2 WOW

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
7 Jul 2012 10:17PM
Thumbs Up

62mac said...

Great photos and what about the viewPhoto 2 WOW

Took that picture on the way to a job , don't mind the outcalls here get to do some sight seeing on the way

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
8 Jul 2012 12:23AM
Thumbs Up

Tassiedevel said...

Thanks Chrispy reminds me a lot of the sunshine coast / montville area just take about 10 degrees off the temp and about a million people off the population .

Thanks for the great pic's tas
reminds me of VIC looking back from Phillip Is

SP
10979 posts
7 Jul 2012 10:25PM
Thumbs Up

Top photos Tassie, do you get waves on the beach in the photo.

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
8 Jul 2012 10:08AM
Thumbs Up

Your right Weiry I worked on the great ocean road for a bit in Victoria it's very similar .

SP do get surf on the beach in both those pics . The beach on the second pic is my favorite spot , there is a hot shower in the surf club which is great .
Also get a left handed point break along the rocks at the end of the beach which the locals consider the best break on the north coast . I posted a pic of that break on the 1st page of this thread

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
8 Jul 2012 11:30AM
Thumbs Up

nice clean 2 to 3 ft here today - brisk offshore and watched 5 whales play for about 45 mins as they crusied by. Awesome start to the day. Hope you all getting some

SP
10979 posts
9 Jul 2012 1:53PM
Thumbs Up

2ft today and a top day, even had the hot sweats going in the steamer, light offshore and 2 hrs of fun on the log.... And not a school kid to be seen in the lineup only 3 other people in the time I was out, school holidays here this week.

Did you get the fog this morning Ted. We had it till about 9 before it burnt off. I waited for it to lift, before getting wet.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
9 Jul 2012 4:07PM
Thumbs Up

SP said...

2ft today and a top day, even had the hot sweats going in the steamer, light offshore and 2 hrs of fun on the log.... And not a school kid to be seen in the lineup only 3 other people in the time I was out, school holidays here this week.

Did you get the fog this morning Ted. We had it till about 9 before it burnt off. I waited for it to lift, before getting wet.

I checked the beach at 6:15am and it looked pretty small so I hoofed it down the F3 to Sydney. Lots of fog before Brooklyn. I was keen to head out but it looked like it was about 1 to 2 ft max and knew I had lots of work to do today. I could have gone to a beach just south of me but it would have added too much time on so I flagged it. Glad you got some. We had a super fun session late yest arvo whilst the beers were cooling. 3ft nice peaks with super clean faces and hardly anyone out. Joy.

SP
10979 posts
9 Jul 2012 2:15PM
Thumbs Up

I hate that drive to sydney, the F3 just feels like youre on a conveyor belt after you do it 100 times as I'm sure you know.

Yeah, ithink I got it on the good bit off the tide too so it was standing up and hitting the little bit of reef i was at nicely. Probably wouldnt have been as much fun on a shorter board, but the SBs were getting a few, perfect day for the log. And it was fading so probably all gone by tomorrow.

Yeah yesterday was ok up here and the crowd factor has been low too, bit surprised. in town last weekend at lunchtime, there would have been lucky to be 20 blokes split between, Dicko and another peak at Pogo's, surf was good to.

GizzieNZ
4102 posts
9 Jul 2012 2:16PM
Thumbs Up

Tassiedevel said...

looking over penguin

ideal for sex sex sex cruising

SP
10979 posts
9 Jul 2012 2:25PM
Thumbs Up

GizzieNZ said...

Tassiedevel said...

looking over penguin

So if you came here would that make you Sex Sex Sex tourist. . .. I think you want Thailand not Tassie for that cruise...

chrispychru
QLD, 7932 posts
13 Jul 2012 7:27PM
Thumbs Up

**** know ones been surfing...thats bad peoples

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
13 Jul 2012 8:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

So if you came here would that make you Sex Sex Sex tourist. . .. I think you want Thailand not Tassie for that cruise...

, funny SP

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
13 Jul 2012 8:58PM
Thumbs Up

chrispychru said...

Had a lunchtime surf today Chrispy . Absolute stunner of a day here temp 14 degrees , no wind , crystal clear water , waves around 2-3 foot . Here's a pic of sulfur creek where I had a surf , water actually warm must have been 15-16 degrees unfortunately not going to last snow forecast for the weekend .

And here's a pic of my next board

SP
10979 posts
13 Jul 2012 10:07PM
Thumbs Up

chrispychru said...

I surfed 3 times this week, wasnt bigger than 2ft but was offshore and fun cruising on the Model T...

SP
10979 posts
13 Jul 2012 10:13PM
Thumbs Up

Today was a bit smaller and i didnt get near it for a look but I stole this off Swellnet... You get the idea, There were a few other good banks around, that one would of been 3rd choice, maybe second but it does look nice.

BulldogPup
6657 posts
13 Jul 2012 11:13PM
Thumbs Up

mmmmmm geez a man could go left or right on that sweet thing

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
15 Jul 2012 6:03PM
Thumbs Up

preso bay today 3-6 foot , lots of fun pics arent great had an issue with the camera fogging up

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
15 Jul 2012 8:06PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Tassie. Been so flat here the last little while that its not been worthy of taking a pic.....I need a surf!!!!

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
15 Jul 2012 8:32PM
Thumbs Up

Know the feeling well Ted . I get a bit stir crazy after about 3 days .

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
15 Jul 2012 6:37PM
Thumbs Up

Tassiedevel said...
I get a bit stir crazy after about 3 days .

50 shades of grey required

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
15 Jul 2012 8:45PM
Thumbs Up

62mac said...

Tassiedevel said...

Hahahaha[:)

BulldogPup
6657 posts
15 Jul 2012 7:37PM
Thumbs Up

62mac said...

Tassiedevel said...

bloody books geez

fark all here this morning - wind smashing it 2 days now

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
16 Jul 2012 7:30PM
Thumbs Up

Little did I know while I was out there on Sunday seems there was a local fisherman floating out there somewhere with me . This bloke has paddled out into the surf just to the west of where I was surfing on Sunday ,at midnight Saturday night . Paddled out in 3-6 foot waves in a 12 foot dinghy with no motor.
They found his life jacket and oars to the east of here today .

Thank F..k I didn't snag him while I was out there . Had the whole beach to myself so it would have been real nice .
Think I might leave the boards in the garage for the next few days .or I'll be pooping in my wetsuit every time my feet touch something .
Shame there were nice little 2 footers ideal for the Mal rolling in today .

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
16 Jul 2012 8:10PM
Thumbs Up

Should add I hope for this blokes family and mates he is somehow found safe and sound

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"ted the kiwis beer garden surf report" started by chrispychru