Forums > Surfing Longboarding

ted the kiwis beer garden surf report

Created by chrispychru > 9 months ago, 25 May 2012
obct
NSW, 3487 posts
12 Aug 2012 4:55PM
Thumbs Up

I finally managed to get in the water at my local once the wind and the swell had cooled off.

It was so good, I decided to share it with 300 of my closest friends.

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
13 Aug 2012 12:04PM
Thumbs Up

Ted the Kiwi said...

yep thats the same guy - he has a real infinity for the tube. I will be down your way a lot over the next 6 weeks SMH - doing some work in Jamberoo, Shell Harbour and Kiama - if you are back in the water and fancy catching up for a surf let me know. I will be coming down on Wed nights and leaving the Sat night. Will have lots of free time for waves

No worries Ted. I probably won't be riding the longboard but I can give you a bit of a heads up on where the good banks are.
Its settled down here a bit today but still some 5 foot sets out of the south with a south east wind on it. That spot you hit a few months back would be worth a look today.

SP
10979 posts
13 Aug 2012 3:37PM
Thumbs Up

Somewhere

Photo isn't a set just took 1 for you all

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
13 Aug 2012 5:47PM
Thumbs Up

Are you clubbing?

SP
10979 posts
13 Aug 2012 8:23PM
Thumbs Up

Ted the Kiwi said...

Are you clubbing?

Was today, Was a bit of a last minute decision but got a few. Enough to make the trip worthwhile..

Supposedly yesterday was good up there and not many in the water.

chrispychru
QLD, 7932 posts
15 Aug 2012 12:10PM
Thumbs Up

perfect fun surfing conditions this morning. water was a beautiful and crystal clear 20c,2-3ft of waves....well it would have been perfect f they were not all straighthander was very cool to catch up with daneli and danielson oh asea made a special guest appearance
funny thing is, asea turned up this morning sporting a very new and very handsome haircut,ready to film his spot in the movie

SP
10979 posts
15 Aug 2012 11:11AM
Thumbs Up

chrispychru said...

perfect fun surfing conditions this morning. water was a beautiful and crystal clear 20c,2-3ft of waves....well it would have been perfect f they were not all straighthander was very cool to catch up with daneli and danielson oh asea made a special guest appearance
funny thing is, asea turned up this morning sporting a very new and very handsome haircut,ready to film his spot in the movie

Same here, except it was cold and there weren't any straight handlers... .

chrispychru
QLD, 7932 posts
15 Aug 2012 1:34PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^^prick

SP
10979 posts
15 Aug 2012 12:54PM
Thumbs Up

I was thinking the same thing. I lost circulation in my toes by the time I hit the water and it didn't come back till half hour after I got out. In all honesty it was fun waves but offset by the freezing breeze and cooling water felt like it had dropped a degree or 2.. I only went out to give the new fin a run in the model t, seemed to handle the sometimes head high sets quite easily off the bottom and held in when up the nose so a pass at the moment

This is what I ended up with it 9.5 high and as you can see very wide in the base.

chrispychru
QLD, 7932 posts
15 Aug 2012 4:54PM
Thumbs Up

nice fin sp well you can have your cold crap....me i was in a 2x2 springy and got wave of the day........thats my story anyway

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
15 Aug 2012 5:42PM
Thumbs Up

Nice looking fin SP

Very jealous Chrispy water temp here 12 degrees at the moment . Are you in booties SP ? Numb toes aren't fun

BulldogPup
6657 posts
15 Aug 2012 6:22PM
Thumbs Up

SP said...

I was thinking the same thing. I lost circulation in my toes by the time I hit the water and it didn't come back till half hour after I got out. In all honesty it was fun waves but offset by the freezing breeze and cooling water felt like it had dropped a degree or 2.. I only went out to give the new fin a run in the model t, seemed to handle the sometimes head high sets quite easily off the bottom and held in when up the nose so a pass at the moment

This is what I ended up with it 9.5 high and as you can see very wide in the base.

nice graphics - good deal

SP
10979 posts
15 Aug 2012 6:40PM
Thumbs Up

Tassiedevel said...

Nice looking fin SP

Very jealous Chrispy water temp here 12 degrees at the moment . Are you in booties SP ? Numb toes aren't fun

Not really, I don't like them. if I'm riding a LB it has to be really cold before I'll put them on, if im riding something shorter i dont mind wearing them, even then I only have some reef booties but most of the time I don't. There is plenty of people around here that do wear them, even the occasional Guy with a hood but our water is not that cold, id guess 16.5-17 today our offshore tend to be cold and thats what gets me.

Horto11
202 posts
15 Aug 2012 7:07PM
Thumbs Up

chrispychru said...

Hi there

Was it a bit lumpy and bumpy after the northerlies yesterday?? Only ask as I am looking for a destination to head tomorrow.....

chrispychru
QLD, 7932 posts
15 Aug 2012 9:14PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^horto it was glass mate. up my way northerlies are great anyway. i would be heading out when the tide is rising if you can,otherwise its a gamble. let me know cause im always up for a wave

Horto11
202 posts
15 Aug 2012 7:17PM
Thumbs Up

Nice

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
15 Aug 2012 10:11PM
Thumbs Up

SP said...

Tassiedevel said...

Nice looking fin SP

Not really, I don't like them. if I'm riding a LB it has to be really cold before I'll put them on, if im riding something shorter i dont mind wearing them, even then I only have some reef booties but most of the time I don't.

Still have reef booties from when I was up north . Have only worn them once here in winter sh.t my feet froze . Love my booties when the water temp drops . Still get numb toes after a while but couldn't go out without them

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
16 Aug 2012 9:12AM
Thumbs Up

3ft with a few bigger ones this morning. Not perfect but bloody good fun. Nice to be back in the water. Blew 3 of my first 4 waves before finally finding something resembling form. Ahhhh I have missed the early morning paddle out with the sun coming up and the light offshore blowing.....Joy!!!!

SP
10979 posts
16 Aug 2012 11:08AM
Thumbs Up

And ****loads warmer than yesterday.....

I thought it was going to be flat but...... Another day of winter goodneess..

SP
10979 posts
21 Aug 2012 1:19PM
Thumbs Up

No one been surfing?

Few 2ftrs around this morning, nothing great but a top day here

chrispychru
QLD, 7932 posts
21 Aug 2012 3:23PM
Thumbs Up

not a ripple mate. had a fella try and tell me he was getting waist high beasts...i wished him well and left getting a wave pool in ipswich though now thats scary

BulldogPup
6657 posts
21 Aug 2012 1:26PM
Thumbs Up

joking - geez ..... onto the train to central then out west to Ippo

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
21 Aug 2012 3:47PM
Thumbs Up

BulldogPup said...

joking - geez ..... onto the train to central then out west to Ippo

Reckon there will be a bit of wave rage in that wave pool

BulldogPup
6657 posts
21 Aug 2012 1:55PM
Thumbs Up

gonna be a few boards on the trains Taz , wait till summer & weekends in Brisvegas

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
21 Aug 2012 4:17PM
Thumbs Up

SP said...

No one been surfing?

Love to have got out there but sadly teaching this semester on Tues and Wed mornings.....sucks.

I shall be having a Ted Day on Friday so fingers crossed some swell arrives by then but it looks pretty average sadly.

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
21 Aug 2012 5:48PM
Thumbs Up

BulldogPup said...

gonna be a few boards on the trains Taz , wait till summer & weekends in Brisvegas

Would be interesting taking a surfboard on a train to Ipswich Pup .

Imagine a few dramas between the beavens and the Surfers .

SP
10979 posts
21 Aug 2012 7:32PM
Thumbs Up

Ted the Kiwi said...

SP said...

No one been surfing?

Love to have got out there but sadly teaching this semester on Tues and Wed mornings.....sucks.

I shall be having a Ted Day on Friday so fingers crossed some swell arrives by then but it looks pretty average sadly.

Hope you have a sports coat with leather patches on the elbows. .

Friday and the weekend is looking ok maybe, hopefully but those horrible words are back, NE windswell.

asea
QLD, 5511 posts
22 Aug 2012 8:49AM
Thumbs Up

hopefully some sliders here on fri/sat

chrispychru
QLD, 7932 posts
22 Aug 2012 8:53AM
Thumbs Up

asea said...

hopefully some sliders here on fri/sat

looked like there were some log waves today(where we surfed with daneli)

asea
QLD, 5511 posts
22 Aug 2012 8:56AM
Thumbs Up

Chrispy the bank where you did you're injury is back.Surfed it by myself last week

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"ted the kiwis beer garden surf report" started by chrispychru