Forums > Surfing Longboarding

ted the kiwis beer garden surf report

Created by chrispychru > 9 months ago, 25 May 2012
62mac
WA, 24860 posts
14 Sep 2012 6:35PM
Thumbs Up

Ted the Kiwi said...

Great shots there Sp - love that spot!! You are one lucky man!

Caught up with smh this morning after a quick surf at one of his not so local spots 2 to 3 ft but the banks were farrrked and there was a 666er out there nabing all the god ones from out the back Oh well thems the breaks. Hada good yarn with smh and was late for a meeting. Whoops.

Back home now for some Froday night beers and footy then Goldie tom for some Mac and Chrispy adventures.....Look out

Its great meeting seabreezers,you arrange time and place and have no idea what they look like,dotcom was a classic,meet top of the hill at greenie it was cold he was wearing a hoodie,fk that guy looks mean ok time to ask,hey mate are you dotcom thank god he said yes

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
14 Sep 2012 9:44PM
Thumbs Up

Good to catch up again Ted and bad luck about the banks out there today. Definitely look at getting up to Plomer mid year . hopefully get a few QLD crew along as well.
Looking forward to pics of your longboard.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
4 Oct 2012 9:41AM
Thumbs Up

Nice early start to the day up here....the period was up a touch on yesterday and I had high hopes. It was a beautiful start to the day. We had a visitor who entertained us for about 30 mins - came in pretty close. Very exciting. The beach had some nice ones but was pretty quick whilst the point was on fire early with the old boys on their mals dominating

chrispychru
QLD, 7932 posts
4 Oct 2012 11:32AM
Thumbs Up

surf reporters pfffffffft. 1 ft off glass,bit hard on the shorty but still managed a few fun shories

SP
10979 posts
4 Oct 2012 10:13AM
Thumbs Up

Ted the Kiwi said...
Nice early start to the day up here....the period was up a touch on yesterday and I had high hopes. It was a beautiful start to the day. We had a visitor who entertained us for about 30 mins - came in pretty close. Very exciting. The beach had some nice ones but was pretty quick whilst the point was on fire early with the old boys on their mals dominating

bastard...... i knew i shoulda got up an early and headed down that way... was crowded up here and a lack of banks didnt help. the spot i was thinking of yesterday probaly would of been alright today

glad you got some.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
4 Oct 2012 12:58PM
Thumbs Up

yes u sd have come down - crowds very good until abt 8am - can not wait for the holidays 2 finish!!!!!

chrispychru
QLD, 7932 posts
4 Oct 2012 5:50PM
Thumbs Up

im not liking you at the moment ted..

chrispychru
QLD, 7932 posts
8 Oct 2012 2:57PM
Thumbs Up

perfect little marley...it was screaming i love you chrispy...and i felt the same.
3-4ft pretty big sweep. i caught 7 waves and i will remember 4..i will take the camera tomorrow and get asea to take pics

i must get healthy and fitter so i can surf for longer.

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
8 Oct 2012 1:17PM
Thumbs Up

chrispychru said...
perfect little marley...it was screaming i love you chrispy...and i felt the same.
3-4ft pretty big sweep. i caught 7 waves and i will remember 4..i will take the camera tomorrow and get asea to take pics

i must get healthy and fitter so i can surf for longer.

I was licking my lips looking at the cams

SP
10979 posts
18 Oct 2012 5:00PM
Thumbs Up

Has no one been surfing?

Haven't been in the water since I started the new job, was to busy last weekend and this weekend is looking crappy.. Two weeks tomorrow since I've been wet, feels like months.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
18 Oct 2012 8:02PM
Thumbs Up

Know how you feel SP. I will be back out there at first light....I will be working from home for the next 8 to 9 days so look out for a few updates from the beach

BulldogPup
6657 posts
18 Oct 2012 5:17PM
Thumbs Up

SP said...
Has no one been surfing?

Haven't been in the water since I started the new job, was to busy last weekend and this weekend is looking crappy.. Two weeks tomorrow since I've been wet, feels like months.

I've had 2 and I'll say a half surfs .... work and crook winds took care of the other days
Saturday early looks good here

SP
10979 posts
18 Oct 2012 5:45PM
Thumbs Up

Better than nothing pup. Have you sorted out picking up the Goddard yet? Are you freighting or picking it up when your here.

And ted make sure the camera goes for a few trips 2..

BulldogPup
6657 posts
18 Oct 2012 5:57PM
Thumbs Up

SP said...
Better than nothing pup. Have you sorted out picking up the Goddard yet? Are you freighting or picking it up when your here.

She's curing as we type mate so I have time , bit undecided leaning toward shipping her over ahh fark I dunno , really like to take her out SP eh?

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
18 Oct 2012 5:59PM
Thumbs Up

I came look after it Pup

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
18 Oct 2012 9:00PM
Thumbs Up

SP said...

I am trying out a new lens over the next few days - very similar to Big Spazz's one - so if that goes well I will be zooming in big time - the 200 just doesn't cut it so looking at getting a 500mm! With the 1.6 sensor thats effectively a 800mm lens on a full frame camera.

SP
10979 posts
18 Oct 2012 6:06PM
Thumbs Up

Ted the Kiwi said...
SP said...

I am trying out a new lens over the next few days - very similar to Big Spazz's one - so if that goes well I will be zooming in big time - the 200 just doesn't cut it so looking at getting a 500mm! With the 1.6 sensor thats effectively a 800mm lens on a full frame camera.

****, that's huge....

Glad summer is coming up...

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
19 Oct 2012 1:06PM
Thumbs Up

Surfing Halls Point near Burnie yesterday . Water still a bit fresh around the 12.5 degrees .
Was having great fun 3 to 4 foot swell rolling in until the wind swung to the southwest . looking good here for some action next week .
Sorry bout the ugly dial on the prick that jumped in the picture

BulldogPup
6657 posts
19 Oct 2012 10:12AM
Thumbs Up

Tassiedevel said...
Surfing Halls Point near Burnie yesterday . Water still a bit fresh around the 12.5 degrees .
Was having great fun 3 to 4 foot swell rolling in until the wind swung to the southwest . looking good here for some action next week .

sweet pic taz .... that's a great looking board you have there too who made that for you if I may ask mate cheers

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
19 Oct 2012 1:28PM
Thumbs Up

Good pick up Pup I will adjust the camera so the Goddard stands out next surf

Tux
VIC, 3829 posts
19 Oct 2012 2:02PM
Thumbs Up

Nice little 2-3 foot peelers this morning at my favorite spot....plus I got to see my mate give the local dickhead a full tilt spray with an offer a backahnder for desert....it must of gone down well the whole lineup applauded him...

chrispychru
QLD, 7932 posts
19 Oct 2012 3:27PM
Thumbs Up

wish i had my board today. from marcus beach up had some beautiful banks going.
made me happy and sad all at one moment

tas...want to give a performance review on the new goddard

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
20 Oct 2012 4:47PM
Thumbs Up

Still a bit of swell hanging around this morning. Cracker of a day. I have also included a shot of the Vouge model who graced us with her presence for a shoot earlier in the week - shame I did not have the bigger zoom I caught my last wave in and came in well close to her - it reminded me of being in France!!!

Sharpie being polite !!!

Sharpie was killing it out there - I tried to hide the paddle so it could be shown in the Grrenroom

SP
10979 posts
20 Oct 2012 2:04PM
Thumbs Up

Top stuff, gee that bloke in gath is a tube hunter... Isn't he the same bloke from a few pages back?

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
20 Oct 2012 5:48PM
Thumbs Up

Tassiedevel said...

Looking a bit light on for wax on that board Tassie.

Ted the Kiwi
NSW, 14256 posts
20 Oct 2012 8:12PM
Thumbs Up

SP said...
Top stuff, gee that bloke in gath is a tube hunter... Isn't he the same bloke from a few pages back?

Yep....he can fit into one anywhere! Has a real eye /feel for the barrel. Nice bloke as well.

Hey Tassie - certainly looks cold down yr way still...I was in Boardies and wetsuit top this arvo how's that new board going? Looks lovely.

chrispychru
QLD, 7932 posts
20 Oct 2012 7:14PM
Thumbs Up

sweet pics ted we had blown out surf up here so i sk8ed into to surfers to check out the v8 circus. met up with a crew of old s8ars in there(30 -68) super nice people who catch up up every weekend in surfers to carve some crete

way back got on the free piss with a bunch of bogan folk...the bogan chicks were hot and friendly.....caught a cab back from southport

will ride the push in with the cooler and take a few pics...some funny shiz going on

Tassiedevel
TAS, 2249 posts
20 Oct 2012 10:27PM
Thumbs Up

Chrispy and Ted new board is going real good . The difference between the Nimbus and the old board is huuuuge .

Still cold in the water here Ted but not so bad out of it now .about the coldest surf for the year was with BB a few weeks back when we had a sleet blowing in our faces I hear there is a heat wave in Qld this weekend , hasn't arrived here as yet .

SMH have the back half of the board waxed up pretty well . Have learnt the hard way ( face plant ) that need to wax the front of the board as well to get up to the nose .

chrispychru
QLD, 7932 posts
21 Oct 2012 4:27PM
Thumbs Up

2ft max at the alley. better surfing than not type of day.. was pretty stoked when i saw the animal in daneli jr eyes as he frothed to take his newy for a wetting off the deck.

the alley has some beautiful dog walking folk as well. was so suprised that the dog walkers were not all old kooks as it was in the water

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
21 Oct 2012 4:10PM
Thumbs Up

chrispychru said...
was so suprised that the dog walkers were not all old kooks as it was in the water

Yep from what I've heard the Alley is a retirement village on water,you know the type that require a walking stick kind of like those things I'm not sure what they are called but they ride boards and use a paddle,I think its because they can't pop anymore,oh the model term is stand up paddle pop boarding.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Longboarding

"ted the kiwis beer garden surf report" started by chrispychru