Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Bali for my 2010 Indo trip.

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 9 Feb 2010
doggie
WA, 15849 posts
9 Feb 2010 4:20PM
Thumbs Up

Ive been 4 times before, love the place.

Thinkin about checking out the east coast a bit this time.

Whats the deal over there as I havnt been ova before, waves ect.

Indo doggie

thommo 000
1670 posts
9 Feb 2010 4:50PM
Thumbs Up

heaps better than the other side, the other side`s crazy. go late get offshores, like mac did.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
9 Feb 2010 5:01PM
Thumbs Up

Yea I think thats the plan, I will give mac a nudge on that one

Great avatar pic thommo

Stanos
QLD, 87 posts
9 Feb 2010 10:38PM
Thumbs Up

thommo 000 said...

heaps better than the other side, the other side`s crazy. go late get offshores, like mac did.

By late, are you saying late in the day for the glass off or late in the wet season?

What's it generally like first thing in the morning during the dry season? Is it sort of hungover and slightly onshore, or is it glassy?

Stanos
QLD, 87 posts
9 Feb 2010 10:45PM
Thumbs Up

Off topic but does anyone know a good place to stay in Jakarta where other surfers hang?

And what about cheap boat trips to Panaitan? Is it best to scope it out in Jakarta or somewhere else?

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
10 Feb 2010 8:29AM
Thumbs Up

Stanos said...

Off topic but does anyone know a good place to stay in Jakarta where other surfers hang?

And what about cheap boat trips to Panaitan? Is it best to scope it out in Jakarta or somewhere else?

Came back through Jakarta last year and had to stay 24 hours, that was long enough, the place is not what you would call surfer friendly as there isnt any surf.

Dunno about the boats.

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
10 Feb 2010 10:12AM
Thumbs Up

East coast in the wet season doggie, hit Keramas,Serangan and Nusa Dua.
We went December and believe it or not Kuta reef had its day's and also
Canguu was on for a week.

Keramas was fantastic but I really enjoyed Serangan. Nice spot for the girls
with food and drinks a nice beach they can swim have a massage which gives them something to do and this means more water time.

mac

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
10 Feb 2010 11:27AM
Thumbs Up

Stanos said...

Search "guard"s posts on the realsurf forums. He's spent a lot of time in Indo and has posted about Panaitan trips before. He's got a contact or something.

theDoctor
NSW, 5780 posts
10 Feb 2010 3:18PM
Thumbs Up

totally over bali, more crowded than gold coast at christmas, forty guys out keramas, hundred guys out serangan, uluwatu has aircon surf shops where there was once warungs, bingin forget it.... and kuta is a complete dirty joke, so many other places in indo to go.

(unless you go on a sup, then there's crowdless waves a plenty)

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
10 Feb 2010 12:23PM
Thumbs Up

theDoctor said...

totally over bali, more crowded than gold coast at christmas, forty guys out keramas, hundred guys out serangan, uluwatu has aircon surf shops where there was once warungs, bingin forget it.... and kuta is a complete dirty joke, so many other places in indo to go.

(unless you go on a sup, then there's crowdless waves a plenty)

Yea I know, but did the Ments last year and was fun but mega bucks. Bali is cool and Ive never checked out the other side. Plus Ive got Indo mates up there that I like to visit ect. Also wanna check out Nusa Lombogin<<spelling

Hoppy67
WA, 61 posts
10 Feb 2010 3:50PM
Thumbs Up

Going to Bali in late May, last went there 15 years ago, i think i might be in for a bit of a shock? I also went to the Ments last year and there was 40 blokes out at Telescopes on the first day of the trip, but like any where if you pick your time right to hit it you can still get waves.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
10 Feb 2010 4:08PM
Thumbs Up

^^Yea its changed a bit, but the airport is still the same

thommo 000
1670 posts
10 Feb 2010 4:10PM
Thumbs Up

the doc`s right, it`s got that way again, so many other places in indo, last time there i went to seven different islands,there was surf on five and two were for relaxation.(and a treat for the bride)

barndog
WA, 64 posts
10 Feb 2010 4:41PM
Thumbs Up

hEY DOGGIE, I'M GOING BALI AGAIN THIS YEAR WITH THE FAMILY, STAYING SEMINYAK IN AUGUST. tHERE ARE HEAPS OF GOOD WAVES ON EAST COAST AND GOING EARLY NORMALLY MEANS GLASSY CONDITIONS BEFORE THE TRADES COME UP BUT YOU WILL NOT BE THE ONLY ONE, HEAPS OF CREW ONTO IT, TRAVEL TIME IN TRAFFIC IS A JOKE. YOU CAN GO MID TO LATE MORNING AND FLUKE A GLASSY DAY OR JUST SURF ONSHORE KERAMAS, HEAPS BETTER THAN TRIGG EVER GETS. YOU DOWN THIS WEEKEND? LEAVE BOARD AT HOME AND BRING SNORKEL AND CRAY LOOP I RECKON.

thommo 000
1670 posts
10 Feb 2010 5:12PM
Thumbs Up

i`D CALL AUGUST FAIRLY LATE

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
10 Feb 2010 5:22PM
Thumbs Up

barndog said...

hEY DOGGIE, I'M GOING BALI AGAIN THIS YEAR WITH THE FAMILY, STAYING SEMINYAK IN AUGUST. tHERE ARE HEAPS OF GOOD WAVES ON EAST COAST AND GOING EARLY NORMALLY MEANS GLASSY CONDITIONS BEFORE THE TRADES COME UP BUT YOU WILL NOT BE THE ONLY ONE, HEAPS OF CREW ONTO IT, TRAVEL TIME IN TRAFFIC IS A JOKE. YOU CAN GO MID TO LATE MORNING AND FLUKE A GLASSY DAY OR JUST SURF ONSHORE KERAMAS, HEAPS BETTER THAN TRIGG EVER GETS. YOU DOWN THIS WEEKEND? LEAVE BOARD AT HOME AND BRING SNORKEL AND CRAY LOOP I RECKON.

Yea mate Im down Friday nite, I think we should have a SUP comp this weekend as thats about as exciting as its going to get.

Thinking about doing two trips, looks like we maybe having a Bali comp again late October. We were talking about at the AGM on Monday.

See ya Saturday @ lefties..

thommo 000
1670 posts
10 Feb 2010 5:47PM
Thumbs Up

Stanos said...

thommo 000 said...

By late, are you saying late in the day for the glass off or late in the wet season?

What's it generally like first thing in the morning during the dry season? Is it sort of hungover and slightly onshore, or is it glassy?

i usually leave there at the start of July and it`s onshore, and get back in Oct and it`s offshore, but still can get good waves anytime if your lucky.i seen it goin off in July to

p.s. first thing in the morning is just as you said.
p.s.s. if it`s high tide

1joe
WA, 156 posts
10 Feb 2010 11:19PM
Thumbs Up

hey doggie
ive just PM'd ya

KEARNSY
WA, 1321 posts
11 Feb 2010 12:16AM
Thumbs Up

[b]doggie said...
. Also wanna check out Nusa Lombogin<<spelling

Its also known as "The Bong"

1joe
WA, 156 posts
11 Feb 2010 11:02AM
Thumbs Up

My idea of East coast Bali!

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
11 Feb 2010 11:15AM
Thumbs Up

^^Thats what Im talking about!!

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
11 Feb 2010 11:16AM
Thumbs Up

thommo 000 said...

i`D CALL AUGUST FAIRLY LATE

How about October?

thommo 000
1670 posts
11 Feb 2010 5:34PM
Thumbs Up

surf both sides in oct ,wind moves more sth,
dec-april`s usually the go for the east coast....i think

may-sept Padang padang

theDoctor
NSW, 5780 posts
11 Feb 2010 8:53PM
Thumbs Up

was there nov/dec, most days zero wind till lunch. some days zero wind all day.

couple breaks just a bit further up the road (and a couple not so far) from spec-k (jeez that place half a doz years ago - oh the memories), worth a look.

one has very similar set up, one is more fickle to tide and water coming out stream.

not hard to find if you look. both cop the same swell.

but for me bali is now a mere transit stop. (we are all lucky the locals don't pack guns, alot of those guys have friggen lost it)

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
11 Feb 2010 6:53PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...
check out Nusa Lombogin<<spelling

You got to go there doggie

KEARNSY
WA, 1321 posts
11 Feb 2010 7:19PM
Thumbs Up

^^^ you know mac's right dog, Chinnigans is a left over the other side of the island that cops all swell. Its actually a pretty good wave - just watch out for the chicken wire fence , you'll know what I mean . I also can recommend Dream beach and Sunset beach , just off the "devils tear drop" . Its like a little skate park in there , also quite a sweeeet little spot for a sundowner.

thommo 000
1670 posts
11 Feb 2010 7:25PM
Thumbs Up

Ceningans..... aka secret pt.....KEARNSY!!! wtf

p.s. it`s ok only havin a crack....nice piece of coast there very scenic, btw it`s another island....

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Bali for my 2010 Indo trip." started by doggie