Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
smicko
WA, 2503 posts
14 Sep 2011 6:15PM
Thumbs Up

Haven't been wet in a while. Car hunting sucks. Stopped for a couple of pics today. Some really chunky wedges coming through, some almost parallel to the beach, check the way this thing is throwing! End section was pretty nasty though...
Those of you who know where this is will appreciate the size too.

Zuke
901 posts
14 Sep 2011 6:30PM
Thumbs Up

Legion said...

My timing sucked. I managed a quick session just after the wind came in. A combination of onshore wind, strong rip and strong backwash made it difficult.

Drove up West Coast Highway just now. At 4pm the wind was still in. Now it's a LAGO. Should've gone now.

Go now for a sundowner!

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
14 Sep 2011 6:30PM
Thumbs Up

Legion said...

My timing sucked. I managed a quick session just after the wind came in. A combination of onshore wind, strong rip and strong backwash made it difficult.

Drove up West Coast Highway just now. At 4pm the wind was still in. Now it's a LAGO. Should've gone now.

Sounds exactly like my Sunday 2pm session at Trigg... just got the last 3min of the LAGO then went to poop very quickly... I only stayed in for 20-30min or so.

As Maxwell Smart would have said "...missed it by 'that' much!"

sparki
WA, 410 posts
14 Sep 2011 8:36PM
Thumbs Up

Cott was great this morning. Fair bit of a crowd at the Cove, etc. Iso's was busy from sunrise - plenty of longboards in a small area takeoff zone makes it look packed. Went over to Cott, spent an hour there before uni with only 3 other guys. Nice walls on offer; the odd rouge waves about head high. Was one of those mornings you can't believe you lucked out.

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
15 Sep 2011 11:59AM
Thumbs Up

Just spent 4 hours at Trigg 2nd CP.
Lots of crap waves to filter through but plenty of quality rolling through.

Pretty stoked.

...but busted my 6'1" so I'm now out of shortboards. Time to go shopping.

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
15 Sep 2011 12:15PM
Thumbs Up

WTH? How do you even do that? It would've been small and lumpy, how do you snap a board in those conditions? I reckon you're doing something wrong.

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
15 Sep 2011 12:23PM
Thumbs Up

I didn't say I snapped it
Busted fins (don't know how, didn't hit anything) and they're glassed in and the board isn't even remotely worth fixing.

As for small and lumpy, there were plenty of head height rouges coming through if you waited and they got heavy enough when they bowled up.

EDIT: I guess "busted" was a poor choice of words. But damaged enough that I wont use it again and the cost:worth ratio of fixing it means it's going to stay broken

LateStarter
WA, 589 posts
15 Sep 2011 2:03PM
Thumbs Up

Legion said...

WTH? How do you even do that? It would've been small and lumpy, how do you snap a board in those conditions? I reckon you're doing something wrong.

I reckon he's backed over another board in the carpark....

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
15 Sep 2011 4:03PM
Thumbs Up

Never! But almost drove home with my coffee on the roof haha

Zuke
901 posts
15 Sep 2011 6:26PM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said...

Just spent 4 hours at Trigg 2nd CP.
Lots of crap waves to filter through but plenty of quality rolling through.

Pretty stoked.

...but busted my 6'1" so I'm now out of shortboards. Time to go shopping.

I was down there for a swim at 7, the surf was sh!t. I saw 2 learners about half way down seconds and 1 other close to thirds but they were all wearing wetties so you must have come down after I left.

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
15 Sep 2011 6:57PM
Thumbs Up

haha that other guy was probably me. Had a wettie on...i know i know. I would have only just gotten in the water at around 7ish.

It didn't pick up until about 9ish (guessing, I didn't have a watch) then the water started filling up with surfers and boogers. Had to go in a couple hours after that, my arms had had it.

**** it. I'm going to have to start taking photos/video
It was pretty crap for the first couple of hours, although the odd decent one came through.

EDIT:
Actually, when I went in the two learners were still there (they stuck it out for ages) but there was a girl and a guy at 2nds. The guy was shredding. Probably wasnt me you saw.

Zuke
901 posts
15 Sep 2011 8:18PM
Thumbs Up

It must have gotten better as the tide dropped, 4 hours is a good effort thou.

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
15 Sep 2011 9:04PM
Thumbs Up

Elliot you definitely need to start taking pics or film if you're gonna froth as much as you do. After all you claim extreme photog/film as a future career aspiration.

Mate I'm a 40yr old cripple and manage to post some interesting pics with my phone camera.

It only takes a minute to snap some pics and if you get some pics up I promise to stop taking the pi$$ outa you so much

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
15 Sep 2011 9:06PM
Thumbs Up

done deal :p
Suppose i shouldnt mention that i use to be a paid photog/videographer hahaha

I'll just wack a gopro on my new board

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
15 Sep 2011 9:25PM
Thumbs Up

Taking pictures of goats and dwarfs does NOT count as a paying job Suba.

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
15 Sep 2011 9:37PM
Thumbs Up

What? Ive never worked in New Zealand!

oz surf
WA, 407 posts
15 Sep 2011 10:06PM
Thumbs Up

smicko said...

Taking pictures of goats and dwarfs does NOT count as a paying job Suba.

Please don't mention goats on Seabreeze

Zuke
901 posts
17 Sep 2011 9:19AM
Thumbs Up

Trigg was lumpy and bumpy and pretty ordinary but there was a bit of size so maybe find a reef break this morning.

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
18 Sep 2011 9:03PM
Thumbs Up

Super busy today so didn't make it out, but I wish I could've. Looked like heaps of fun the couple of places I went past.

thommo 000
1670 posts
20 Sep 2011 5:32PM
Thumbs Up

This morning was ok good.

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
20 Sep 2011 6:56PM
Thumbs Up

Awesome! ^^^

Had a morning sesh at Cott, then a chem lecture then an arvo sesh at Cott.
Lumpy as ****!

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
21 Sep 2011 9:17PM
Thumbs Up

Looks terrible Thommo, dunno how you drag yourself outta bed for that crap

I'll be hitting up a hollow left rockwall in the morning that'll be about a quarter of the size. Better make that one fifth.

Zuke
901 posts
22 Sep 2011 9:15AM
Thumbs Up

Some bombs at Trigg this morning, right place right time as usual. Nice and glassy, a little lumpy but getting better.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
22 Sep 2011 9:47AM
Thumbs Up

Weekend looks okish, gee I say that alot

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
22 Sep 2011 9:51AM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...

You start to repeat yourself as you get older [}:)] 40+ it starts

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
22 Sep 2011 9:52AM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...

doggie said...

You start to repeat yourself as you get older [}:)] 40+ it starts

Wow its started allready

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
22 Sep 2011 1:57PM
Thumbs Up

Just spent 4 hours down at Secrets...started off meh and got pretty decent after an hour or so. Most fun I've had in recent weeks...hardly anyone out and very little waiting between sets.

...and that chika got herself a wetsuit so I didn't have to go in half nude ...which suited me because bluebottles are in.

But sadly some cvnts broke into the cafe and tried to knock off the surf shop during the night. Bastards.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
22 Sep 2011 2:57PM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said...

Just spent 4 hours down at Secrets...started off meh and got pretty decent after an hour or so. Most fun I've had in recent weeks...hardly anyone out and very little waiting between sets.

...and that chika got herself a wetsuit so I didn't have to go in half nude ...which suited me because bluebottles are in.

But sadly some cvnts broke into the cafe and tried to knock off the surf shop during the night. Bastards.

How are the banks? Are they any better than a couple of weeks ago?

coreyb
WA, 463 posts
22 Sep 2011 5:22PM
Thumbs Up

Best its been for a long time today. Solid sets and hardly any crew around. A bit wonky but that produced more peaks.

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
22 Sep 2011 8:00PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...

How are the banks? Are they any better than a couple of weeks ago?

Well we got there fairly early and first look it looked like it always looks. A mushy lumpy mess with the occasional decent one...then as the morning progressed it just REALLY glassed over and was really throwing up some quality. Genuinely the best sesh I've ever had there. Maybe not the best waves I've seen there but considering the quality, the lack of a crowd and the consistency and frequency...couldn't ask for more.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie