Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
Woodo
WA, 792 posts
4 Dec 2011 10:20AM
Thumbs Up

Cool pics DSB. Went for a dive yesterday too. 20m and it was crystal clear. Saw everything. Duwies, baldies, black arses, foxies and 12 crays managed to find their way into my bag too just to top it off

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
5 Dec 2011 8:54AM
Thumbs Up

Down south was very small, in the d!ck height range

Woodo
WA, 792 posts
5 Dec 2011 9:12AM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...

Down south was very small, in the d!ck height range

Ha!

Zuke
901 posts
5 Dec 2011 9:14AM
Thumbs Up

There was a nice wave at Trigg this morning with hardly anybody out. Half a dozen in the usual spot and nobody north of the flags with a good bank there. Uncrowded good waves going to waste!

PS: Well over dick height, probably dick and a half.

Torch
WA, 521 posts
5 Dec 2011 9:59AM
Thumbs Up

Rotto was flat but the crays were big...

newguy
654 posts
5 Dec 2011 10:17AM
Thumbs Up

Kicking myself cos the cams looked good with no one out... Decided to bail cos its gym today as I prep for the footy season... Bulking up is not good for surfing is it btw?

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
5 Dec 2011 10:22AM
Thumbs Up

Zuke said...

There was a nice wave at Trigg this morning with hardly anybody out. Half a dozen in the usual spot and nobody north of the flags with a good bank there. Uncrowded good waves going to waste!

PS: Well over dick height, probably dick and a half.

So 6.5

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
5 Dec 2011 10:23AM
Thumbs Up

newguy said...

Kicking myself cos the cams looked good with no one out... Decided to bail cos its gym today as I prep for the footy season... Bulking up is not good for surfing is it btw?

Na, you will need a bigger board

BulldogPup
6657 posts
5 Dec 2011 10:28AM
Thumbs Up

Torch said...

geez nice mate - couple of the lads i work with went out this morning down mandurah way , JS reef they say , looking for some said there were some really nice Dhuies around some of the lumps thereabouts too (15th they're waiting for anxiously ) - delish

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
5 Dec 2011 10:33AM
Thumbs Up

newguy said...

No - it's not. It will affect your surfing two fold... 1) the extra weight - and 2) the constant soreness from 'delayed onset muscle soreness'...

newguy
654 posts
5 Dec 2011 10:42AM
Thumbs Up

Na, you will need a bigger board

Looks like someone might finally buy your egg then eh Doggie?
Damn, guess I'll be reassessing my boards once I hit 80kg then. Loving my little 5'6 twinner atm though so maybe I'll just keep at it and hope I can get good enough to use it even if I weight alittle more.

And GPA yeh, DOMS is the bane of all evil. Atleast it's summer and been flat the last few days?

DJMWA
WA, 342 posts
5 Dec 2011 11:18AM
Thumbs Up

Anyone get some abs yesterday?? I went round the corner from my house and was surprsied as apart from the 50-60 people on the reef, there was only about 6-10 people free diving for them. ABSoulutely perfect weather for it too.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
5 Dec 2011 11:25AM
Thumbs Up

DJMWA said...

Anyone get some abs yesterday?? I went round the corner from my house and was surprsied as apart from the 50-60 people on the reef, there was only about 6-10 people free diving for them. ABSoulutely perfect weather for it too.

A mate got some massive ones on Saturday down south, shells were 6-8inches across. He did a great job of cooking them on the barbi as well.

Torch
WA, 521 posts
5 Dec 2011 11:27AM
Thumbs Up

BulldogPup said...

Torch said...

geez nice mate - couple of the lads i work with went out this morning down mandurah way , JS reef they say , looking for some said there were some really nice Dhuies around some of the lumps thereabouts too (15th they're waiting for anxiously ) - delish

I spotted a couple of dhuies under a rock next to where I found these bad boys, so I'll be heading back there on the 15th [}:)]

Woodo
WA, 792 posts
5 Dec 2011 12:16PM
Thumbs Up

Torch said...

BulldogPup said...

Torch said...

I spotted a couple of dhuies under a rock next to where I found these bad boys, so I'll be heading back there on the 15th [}:)]

I don't think you are able to fish until the 16th. Fisheries website says the Demersal ban is inclusive of the the 15th of december.
If I am wrong please let me know as I'm fanging to get out there.

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
5 Dec 2011 5:06PM
Thumbs Up

confirmed Woodo, if weather is ok we'll do an overnighter we're hanging that much, reports of dhuies in close just makes it worse!!!

Woodo
WA, 792 posts
5 Dec 2011 5:32PM
Thumbs Up

bakesy said...

confirmed Woodo, if weather is ok we'll do an overnighter we're hanging that much, reports of dhuies in close just makes it worse!!!

I hear ya!

synsies1000
WA, 270 posts
5 Dec 2011 7:39PM
Thumbs Up

Waves at last!

Zuke
901 posts
5 Dec 2011 8:12PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^ yes, who wants to go for a surf at 3 Mile Reef tomorrow?

Sham1984
VIC, 415 posts
5 Dec 2011 11:17PM
Thumbs Up

had a good two hours at trigg this arvo between 2-4! light onshores but waves non the less.. not a bad shape either!

synsies1000
WA, 270 posts
6 Dec 2011 4:27PM
Thumbs Up

The Beaches have been reopened after Shark sightings signs been removed this morning. Good to see the helicopter doing its thing. few crew on it this morning but a lot of breaks in the area empty. the drought is broken!

AN AMAZING JOB THE FIREFIGHTERS DID TO SAVE THE TOWNSITE.WELL DONE!

synsies1000
WA, 270 posts
6 Dec 2011 4:39PM
Thumbs Up

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
7 Dec 2011 11:18AM
Thumbs Up

Some nice waves rolling through this morning. Easy double Dick height and guys getting some nice waves. I sat of the side and after an hour or so ventured into the pack. But with about 4 or 5 good guys they absolutely stitched it all up[}:)]
Couple of others dropping in on them so the good guys just took every wave they could. Shame really as they should evaluate not everyone is the same and shared a little..

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
7 Dec 2011 3:58PM
Thumbs Up

Weekend looks very good at this stage, mite have to do some traveling

Mitts46
WA, 104 posts
7 Dec 2011 8:46PM
Thumbs Up

Ther was a liitle wind wave at scabs today not bad for a summer arvo

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
9 Dec 2011 11:26AM
Thumbs Up

Friday 10:15...

Don't bother. Everywhere metro is flat or close to... small [very small] wave at Trigg 3rd's about waist high sets, but it is straight and quite shallow and there are two surf schools all over it.

Had a look further towards Scarbs but it was the same, but less consistent.

Too small to travel with any confidence of being rewarded for your time/petrol...

It was that bad I can home to wash the car and mow the lawns...

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
9 Dec 2011 11:37AM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...

Friday 10:15...

Don't bother. Everywhere metro is flat or close to... small [very small] wave at Trigg 3rd's about waist high sets, but it is straight and quite shallow and there are two surf schools all over it.

Had a look further towards Scarbs but it was the same, but less consistent.

Too small to travel with any confidence of being rewarded for your time/petrol...

It was that bad I can home to wash the car and mow the lawns...

Beats being at work

byf
WA, 512 posts
9 Dec 2011 11:46AM
Thumbs Up

just had a few hours in waist high with very occasional bigger set near home but has dropped to near nothing. but yeah doggie it beats working.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
9 Dec 2011 2:28PM
Thumbs Up

byf said...

just had a few hours in waist high with very occasional bigger set near home but has dropped to near nothing. but yeah doggie it beats working.

Looks like Rotto is starting to pick up 1.3m now @ 12sec, please hewy give me/us more swell!!

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
9 Dec 2011 5:54PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...

byf said...

Looks like Rotto is starting to pick up 1.3m now @ 12sec, please hewy give me/us more swell!!

This morning was small and shallow but mellow. Had a great time chating with the guys and really enjoyed my surf. Didn't like all the sting rays hanging around and the birds diving in and getting bait fish around us. One landed about 10 feet from me and another guy

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie