22 Jul 2010 11:25AM
Thumbs Up

vi, u got them too
stick em up

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
22 Jul 2010 12:22PM
Thumbs Up

Swell and wind graphs and Cams suggest it would be good to be in the water right now... looks like most of the metro breaks would be worth a paddle...

Nice sunny day to be behind a desk!

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
22 Jul 2010 12:34PM
Thumbs Up

Ah crap. I didn't plan on surfing today given the forecast. But you're right, looks good. Oh well, tomorrow for sure.

jjd
WA, 705 posts
22 Jul 2010 2:55PM
Thumbs Up

bolgo said...

vi, u got them too
stick em up

Sorry mate - I thought you meant ones from when you were there.

Will do (once I figure out how to do it)

jjd
WA, 705 posts
22 Jul 2010 2:59PM
Thumbs Up

jjd
WA, 705 posts
22 Jul 2010 3:08PM
Thumbs Up

(That was hard work !)

... and a bit out of order, but too hard to fix !

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
23 Jul 2010 1:33PM
Thumbs Up

Trigg Point?

thommo 000
1670 posts
23 Jul 2010 5:52PM
Thumbs Up

i dunno.. i bet that`s K-Land Legion was bullsh!tin raven on about 2 footers when ther`s a 6mtre swell on haha can`t fool us caught out this time, me and a heap of me mates are coming down sth haha it`s been crap here,.. and lotsa sharks to.......ffs aqnd some seals to.

[edit>'] and the turtles wake ya up allnight..friggin sex maniacs

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
23 Jul 2010 9:08PM
Thumbs Up

Crap here too. I was at Kearnsy's today. It was about 2', with the odd 3'er and maybe one or two 4' clean up sets. Sea breeze arrived shortly before I did. Lots of weed. It should've been fun, but I had a shocker. Dropped in on three times, twice by the same local guy who obviously did it intentionally (saw him do it to others too), once by a guy who looked back at me, then did a cutback towards me, then fell off and did nothing to control his board and I copped it in the scone. Fun times. Almost every wave was a party wave. I was paddling out at one stage and watched 3 guys take off (most waves had 3 guys for some reason). Afterwards one of them said to another "you should've called me off. If you don't say anything I'll keep going". WTF? I reckon you shouldn't have to say anything at all. If I see a guy paddling for a wave, I watch and unless he misses the wave I won't do anything. Today, everyone seemed to watch someone paddle, then not look at them any more (pretending they didn't exist), then drop in, then keep riding and not do anything unless you almost pushed them off. Such bad manners, such kooks.

Anyway, as well as the drop-ins I managed to get caught behind a couple of times, and I also managed a couple of late takeoffs where my front foot was far enough forward that there was no wax and it slipped off. Twice. That might happen once every few months usually. I'm going to take Nick Carroll's advice and wax way forward from now on.

It kind of glassed off at the end but I'd lost motivation and my head was kind of scrambled. It wasn't my day.

coreyb
WA, 463 posts
24 Jul 2010 10:19AM
Thumbs Up

In those first couple pics I was wondering how any can go unridden with the crowds there.

I liked the answer. They are bombs alright. Love the thought of trying to get out and wearing one of those.

Respect to the guys that can do it.

bolgo
WA, 881 posts
24 Jul 2010 11:38AM
Thumbs Up

when it gets big - no crowd
no balls = no waves
need to pick your wave, with the right looking shape down the line
even andy irons pulled back on a few when he was there

also might look empty but the dude may be in the barrell!

in fact wasnt crowded as made out, only so many can be accommodated
a few extra turn up for the bigger swells, they arent interested in 4ft in between

plenty of other spots if you look

further south gets a few peoples when its like this too

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
30 Jul 2010 6:43PM
Thumbs Up

So another week of no surf. And today I was tossing up whether to go or not and the wind swung onshore and I made the call not to go. I did a few jobs and ended up driving Hillarys to Trigg stretch later in the afternoon and turns out it would've been fun. Not clean, but not too messy. I don't even know if I'll have time on the weekend but we'll see.

1joe
WA, 156 posts
31 Jul 2010 12:14AM
Thumbs Up

Maybe everyone should head north for the weekend. Look at the pics jjd posted! C Ya everyone....

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
31 Jul 2010 9:01AM
Thumbs Up

Cant remember the last time I got in the water still out!!!!

spot1
WA, 1588 posts
31 Jul 2010 11:15AM
Thumbs Up

indo in the morning boys

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
31 Jul 2010 11:59AM
Thumbs Up

spot1 said...

indo in the morning boys

Lucky bastard!!

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
1 Aug 2010 7:53PM
Thumbs Up

I was grinding and drilling and cutting and wiring this weekend, modding a trailer. I wasn't really motivated yesterday, but today it just looked so tempting. At one stage I downed tools and had a look and the wind had disappeared altogether and it was glass so I couldn't resist. Squeezed in a couple of hours at 2nd carpark. It was a bit busy with a few capable surfers and frothing groms, but it was fun. Strong rip, sucky, wedgy and a few little A-frames. A couple of the 15 year old groms were fitting in little pits, but I'm a bit big for that. Still, fun 1'ers and a few 2'ers.

No banks really at Trigg-Scarborough though. A bit more size and it'd be closing out majorly. Everywhere else was mostly closing out too, 2nd carpark was one of the few spots with banks.

Tuesday looking good (not for me). Wednesday maybe too.

bolgo
WA, 881 posts
1 Aug 2010 8:26PM
Thumbs Up

was the same yesterday
wedgy few peaking in the rip
fun almost!

synsies1000
WA, 270 posts
3 Aug 2010 10:04PM
Thumbs Up

dont know about you guys, but my arms are wasted after today. anyone else score the picture perfect?

Poida
WA, 1916 posts
5 Aug 2010 3:40PM
Thumbs Up

got the LAGO session to sunset yesterday, magic conditions, head high
thought is was uncrowded when I pulled into the car park and only 5 cars, then 5 cars with three people in each pulled within 5min
frustrating to get waves but the ones i scored were sweet.

spot1 reported head high waves in bali this week. they going to medewi today

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
7 Aug 2010 3:38PM
Thumbs Up

Um, so I got appendicitis on Tuesday and just out of hospital today. My release papers say 4-6 weeks out of the water, but we'll see. I guess I missed a few potentially good days.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
9 Aug 2010 11:15AM
Thumbs Up

Legion said...

Um, so I got appendicitis on Tuesday and just out of hospital today. My release papers say 4-6 weeks out of the water, but we'll see. I guess I missed a few potentially good days.

Saturday was my first day back in the water for two months, very rusty. Had a crack on Sunday as well much better

Far out Legion, 4-6 is a killer as I just went through that myself but with my shoulder the waiting around was killing me!! Why so long out of that water?

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
9 Aug 2010 11:48AM
Thumbs Up

Need to heal where they rip your stomach muscles apart. I'll see how it goes though. I'll be tending more towards the 4 than the 6.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
9 Aug 2010 2:15PM
Thumbs Up

Legion said...

Need to heal where they rip your stomach muscles apart. I'll see how it goes though. I'll be tending more towards the 4 than the 6.

I recon after two weeks start doing some swimming, that should help recovery.

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
13 Aug 2010 3:51PM
Thumbs Up

On the way home from the doctor today we went past the beach. No banks at all compared with usual at this time of year, but a passable occasional 3' wave and only 7 guys out. I was itching to paddle out, but there's no way I could at this stage. I wonder if I'll surf it again this winter? Only had two sessions out there this year, closes for surfing in about 6 weeks.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
13 Aug 2010 4:35PM
Thumbs Up

Bali in two weeks, yea thats rite two weeks

spot1
WA, 1588 posts
13 Aug 2010 4:55PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...

Bali in two weeks, yea thats rite two weeks

you aer killing me