Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
PaddlePig
WA, 421 posts
28 Jan 2012 9:20AM
Thumbs Up

If you have a camera and sit there all day... And take a million photos on shoot and select of the local rippers. Other than that, the local punters get stuff all! All they get is angry.

You're right dog man, the wave is good, but I hate the joint through and through (just my opinion).

Zuke
901 posts
28 Jan 2012 9:28AM
Thumbs Up

Trigg was glassed off, small, weak, straight, crowded and very sharky this morning.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
28 Jan 2012 11:43AM
Thumbs Up

Zuke said...

Trigg was glassed off, small, weak, straight, crowded and very sharky this morning.

Was only sharky thanks to the spotter chopper..

swalkington
WA, 401 posts
28 Jan 2012 1:15PM
Thumbs Up

Scored a rip bank that appeared for about 1/2 hour this morning. Then disappeared as quickly as it came. Fun shoulder high rights while it lasted. One old dude got a couple of nice long runners all the way through. Water is warm eh.....

synsies1000
WA, 270 posts
29 Jan 2012 5:11PM
Thumbs Up

Broome s looking good this Arvo on broomecam . lucky buggers

PaddlePig
WA, 421 posts
29 Jan 2012 9:50PM
Thumbs Up

Found a filthy, cheap and nasty little right hand rocky wave this arvo. Metro area hip high baby barrels. I always look at it thinking it would perhaps work, but it breaks onto a rock ledge. Must have been the extra tide this arvo perhaps.

PaddlePig
WA, 421 posts
30 Jan 2012 8:31AM
Thumbs Up

Edit for above: By barrel I mean a Perth barrel, that basically lands on your head. Hip high at best. GREAT STUFF! haharr (slight sarcasm)

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
30 Jan 2012 8:26PM
Thumbs Up

Sunday arvo, this guy and myself shared some shoulder/head high sets, pretty average but nice way to end 7 weeks off!!

Torch
WA, 521 posts
1 Feb 2012 8:54AM
Thumbs Up

Just back from a week in Rotto

Surfed out, dived out and crayed out

that is all

Zuke
901 posts
2 Feb 2012 9:06AM
Thumbs Up

Surprising nice little wave at Trigg this morning. There were a few out at the point but the best wave was further south with no one out! There was a good bank (that's the sand formation suba ) with chest high rights all the way to the beach on the sets.

Pretty sharky though.

newguy
654 posts
4 Feb 2012 8:36PM
Thumbs Up

Anybody notice the drop in swell? So no bigger forecast for tomorrow then hey

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
5 Feb 2012 2:03PM
Thumbs Up

My God it was a nightmare out there...There were more spongers and kooks on softboards than grains of sand on the beach.

birdman89
77 posts
5 Feb 2012 2:20PM
Thumbs Up

scored a few this morning on the biscuit, might head back down in a bit. love summer waves.

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
5 Feb 2012 3:34PM
Thumbs Up

pretty good session this morning, some bombs coming through early, bigger crowd than usual but the same cool vibe

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
5 Feb 2012 5:35PM
Thumbs Up

and a bit of film from this morning.

swalkington
WA, 401 posts
5 Feb 2012 5:39PM
Thumbs Up

looks awesome bakesy,...need to get off my fat arse and head down your way.
heres what it was like out front of my place.

how good has it been this summer. 2 major swells in as many weeks, filled with moderate groundswell in between plus a NW cyclone swell for good measure. If this is a sign of things to come, this winter should be smokin,

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
5 Feb 2012 5:49PM
Thumbs Up

^^^
Geez - I surfed three different spots in metro and they were all Sh!t... between the tide, rips and drift it was very ordinary. Anywhere that looked half reasonable had a billion people on it...

newguy
654 posts
5 Feb 2012 5:56PM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...

^^^
Geez - I surfed three different spots in metro and they were all Sh!t... between the tide, rips and drift it was very ordinary. Anywhere that looked half reasonable had a billion people on it...

Thought it was breeding season for turtles up around the northern reefs... then I realised it was just millions of longboarders cramped into Mettams

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
5 Feb 2012 6:39PM
Thumbs Up

newguy said...

GPA said...

^^^

Thought it was breeding season for turtles up around the northern reefs... then I realised it was just millions of longboarders cramped into Mettams

Hey newguyfunnyyep those dam longboarders are expanding

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
5 Feb 2012 6:47PM
Thumbs Up

just be careful Newguy during egg laying season, they go into a trance and you can get close but it's not advised, protected species and all that that area is a marine sanctuary.

shunter
WA, 441 posts
5 Feb 2012 7:19PM
Thumbs Up

bakesy said...

just be careful Newguy during egg laying season, they go into a trance and you can get close but it's not advised, protected species and all that that area is a marine sanctuary.

yep also be very careful as mettams is close to the old folks home and there seems to be a proliferation of mal riders who have very sore necks , are blind in one eye and deaf.... as most of them cant look over there shoulder or shut the inside eye and don't know what "yep" means

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
5 Feb 2012 7:22PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^^ hahahaha, I thought they all would have been at the Rod Stewart concert last night and too "rocked out" to surf, hard bastards these guys

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
5 Feb 2012 7:25PM
Thumbs Up

haha funny

DSB
WA, 37 posts
5 Feb 2012 7:34PM
Thumbs Up

Wait, am I missing something, are there really turtles out there???

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
5 Feb 2012 8:21PM
Thumbs Up

newguy said...

GPA said...

^^^

Then you should have seen the Cottesloe breaks - Isolators was a full-on 'party wave' with 5 or 6 taking each one... and the break just south (Cables?) had more SUP's than I have ever seen in the one spot...

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
5 Feb 2012 9:00PM
Thumbs Up

That joint just loves a raw swell hey Bakesy?

Went exploring with Lise and the boys today and found a bit of reef with potential. The left probably isn't as good as it looks in these but was definitely surfable, just pretty sketchy on a low tide like today.

The right could be good though..

sparki
WA, 410 posts
5 Feb 2012 9:23PM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...

and the break just south (Cables?) had more SUP's than I have ever seen in the one spot...

I believe that vague area is the Dutch Inn - not sure if that encompasses the reef, the (barely) beach break or both. But yeah, never seen so many SUPs there before. Heaps of learners. Not complaining though coz there were a few ladies having a dig.

Sadly, to get a wave by yourself at Isos today, you had to either catch the smaller inside stuff or get the last wave of the very inconsistent sets in which everyone tried to go for the first couple of waves.

Seriously disappointed though; Margies is gifted 8ft walls of energy while Perth barely got to the .7m Cott mark.

swalkington
WA, 401 posts
6 Feb 2012 7:12AM
Thumbs Up

Swell direction sparki. Too much S for Perth.

Ados
WA, 421 posts
6 Feb 2012 11:35AM
Thumbs Up

sparki said...

GPA said...

and the break just south (Cables?) had more SUP's than I have ever seen in the one spot...

I believe that vague area is the Dutch Inn - not sure if that encompasses the reef, the (barely) beach break or both. But yeah, never seen so many SUPs there before. Heaps of learners. Not complaining though coz there were a few ladies having a dig.

Sadly, to get a wave by yourself at Isos today, you had to either catch the smaller inside stuff or get the last wave of the very inconsistent sets in which everyone tried to go for the first couple of waves.

Seriously disappointed though; Margies is gifted 8ft walls of energy while Perth barely got to the .7m Cott mark.

I sat on the beach and watched my missus get a couple of small ones at Isos. It was a circus with goat boats, surf skis, SUP etc. typical perth poo poo. Was happy to soak up the sunshine instead.

sparki
WA, 410 posts
6 Feb 2012 4:10PM
Thumbs Up

swalkington said...

Swell direction sparki. Too much S for Perth.

Thought as much. Today was great; small, but quick down the line without being a complete closeout. Light offshore early in the arvo with only a few people at the point. Was definitely a case of having a longboard/SUP or a mighty quick shortboard to make the most of it. But there was shape if you were in the right spot.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie