Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
6 Feb 2012 4:31PM
Thumbs Up

On Sunday headed just a short drive from home and found a break I've never surfed. Thinking it would be quiet. 40 plus blokes out so headed to another idea just about 1k north. Had a smallish left point break about waist height but up to shoulder on sets. Best part was surf all way to beach and walk back out around shore and jump back into line up. Taking of nearly 20 feet of this point then 60 meter run to beach. All with just me and two others

Then went to Trigg today and it was ****, even snapped another fin

sparki
WA, 410 posts
6 Feb 2012 4:35PM
Thumbs Up

jbshack said...

Then went to Trigg today and it was ****, even snapped another fin

Shortboarding?

Zuke
901 posts
7 Feb 2012 7:23PM
Thumbs Up

Had a nice little surf today, waste to shoulder high with 40metre lefts.

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
7 Feb 2012 10:31PM
Thumbs Up

Had some fun lefts sunday arvo before the wind came in, a bit out of the way, still crowded but worth it. A couple of nice ones for the memory bank.

Just had to adjust the predicted wave count and mellow out a bit to handle the crowd thats all!

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
10 Feb 2012 5:02PM
Thumbs Up

Flatness____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________^________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

newguy
654 posts
10 Feb 2012 7:09PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...

Flatness____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________^________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Might have to force myself back to footy training if this keeps going along...

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
11 Feb 2012 11:12AM
Thumbs Up

newguy said...

doggie said...

I dug my bike back out of the shed and went for a ride yesterday

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
11 Feb 2012 12:12PM
Thumbs Up

jbshack said...

newguy said...

doggie said...

Oh the pain of it all

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
11 Feb 2012 1:28PM
Thumbs Up

jbshack said...

newguy said...

doggie said...

Yes - my bike is sitting ready at the front door... as much as I enjoy riding - I'd MUCH rather be getting a few waves. Frustratingly, I'm not that picky - waist to should with some shape would put a smile on my face for hours...

Might even have to do a few laps at the pool tomorrow just to keep the shoulders moving... C'mon Heuy - bring some joy soon!!!

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
13 Feb 2012 9:07AM
Thumbs Up

Its not looking good is it

newguy
654 posts
13 Feb 2012 9:28AM
Thumbs Up

Am so tempted to head down south. Surely it'd be better than anything here and at least a last hurrah before I'm entrenched in books and reports etc etc...

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
13 Feb 2012 11:15AM
Thumbs Up

newguy said...

Am so tempted to head down south. Surely it'd be better than anything here and at least a last hurrah before I'm entrenched in books and reports etc etc...

Good move, just check the winds but you will get a wave. Im just stuck here

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
13 Feb 2012 12:54PM
Thumbs Up

Was at the Point this morning and it was rideable. This one guy was out back jumping of the rocks onto the waves and he was throwing buckets and having a great surf. Sadly that couldn't be said of my time but it was wet none the less..

Zuke
901 posts
14 Feb 2012 9:10AM
Thumbs Up

Small wave at Trigg this morning, glassy with a very light offshore and not many out. Not great but considering what it's been like lately there was the occasional peak coming through that was OK.

Zuke
901 posts
20 Feb 2012 9:01AM
Thumbs Up

There's a little surge in the swell this morning with a wave at the point for those who put the effort in. The beaches are pretty straight though.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
21 Feb 2012 3:06PM
Thumbs Up

Zuke said...

There's a little surge in the swell this morning with a wave at the point for those who put the effort in. The beaches are pretty straight though.

Point this morning was not so bad. BUT after standing and watching 5 blokes wave after wave getting small airs, 360 turns and amazing runs in that surf ended up down the beach more. Funny part was went out and there was just 2 girls out, then two more turned up, another guy and then another couple of girls, i think in all about 8 or 9 chicks at one point. Best part is i surfed worse than a girl in the half dick high grovelling snot[}:)]

Please let the swell come and piss of wind...

Zuke
901 posts
21 Feb 2012 5:47PM
Thumbs Up

Had a really fun session today with a mate at a known place with no one else out. Not big or critical, waste to shoulder or so and just lots of fun. It was glassed off for the first hour and light onshore for the next. Sorry for the crappy pics, I was too busy catching as many waves as possible.

newguy
654 posts
22 Feb 2012 12:53PM
Thumbs Up

Sloppy conditions with a dragging current. On the plus side, Doggie, the boards doing great! Cheers mate!

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
22 Feb 2012 1:10PM
Thumbs Up

newguy said...

Sloppy conditions with a dragging current. On the plus side, Doggie, the boards doing great! Cheers mate!

Sweet!! Anytime mate

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
22 Feb 2012 1:11PM
Thumbs Up

Zuke said...

Had a really fun session today with a mate at a known place with no one else out. Not big or critical, waste to shoulder or so and just lots of fun. It was glassed off for the first hour and light onshore for the next. Sorry for the crappy pics, I was too busy catching as many waves as possible.

That joint breaks on no swell, had some alltime surfs out there

trevor1
WA, 598 posts
22 Feb 2012 2:23PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...

Zuke said...

That joint breaks on no swell, had some alltime surfs out there

alciholics ?

Zuke
901 posts
22 Feb 2012 4:38PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^^ pm sent.

Zuke
901 posts
25 Feb 2012 9:11AM
Thumbs Up

Surf's up!

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
25 Feb 2012 11:21AM
Thumbs Up

not bad this morning, tide got to it and with the lumpy swell made it less than ideal but still some fun ones on offer.

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
25 Feb 2012 12:48PM
Thumbs Up

Well, I lucked out (again). Southerly winds, straight banks and full tide made for very ordinary conditions. Did the full metro coast drive and was not surprised to see most breaks full of crew despite the conditions being avg at best. Was a lot smaller than expected down the Cott end...

Gave it a miss... hoping for tomorrow to be a little better...

Zuke
901 posts
25 Feb 2012 3:05PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^^ GPA, what time did you look? I was at Trigg between 6.45 and 8am and there were some bombs coming through. Pretty random at seconds and thirds but the occasional one would hold up and barrel cleanly. The conditions were good early, very light offshore and a clean swell.

I just got back from another look and it's dropped off heaps and really messy now.

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
25 Feb 2012 3:47PM
Thumbs Up

Zuke said...

^^^^^ GPA, what time did you look? I was at Trigg between 6.45 and 8am and there were some bombs coming through. Pretty random at seconds and thirds but the occasional one would hold up and barrel cleanly. The conditions were good early, very light offshore and a clean swell.

I just got back from another look and it's dropped off heaps and really messy now.

A lazy 9:00am... after looking at the forecast I thought the chances of offshore would be low... robbed myself by having a couple of beers and a bit of a lie in!!!!

Looked very straight though... mate went to Trigg at the same time as you and said F-it no good and went out at Grabbers/Gravis for 2hrs for waist high fatties...

I drove south past the dingo to see if there was a protected small wave, but there were three of us in the car park looking at waist high rollers that never broke - just surged to the shore on the high tide - Cott wasn't even waist high and really full and crowded

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
26 Feb 2012 12:35PM
Thumbs Up

Swell jacked a bit this morning and seemed to be more organised than yesterday, some nice bombs came through that were head and a half, pretty slow by mid morning.

swalkington
WA, 401 posts
26 Feb 2012 1:52PM
Thumbs Up

looks like you did better than most bakesy,....what a hoax swell.
nothing like the swell we had a couple of weeks ago

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
26 Feb 2012 2:47PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^ yeah Sam, we got lucky, few reports from other spots nearby were really good between 6-8 am then the tide screwed it up, surfed a bit away from here at 6 and scored, then went to the usual for an hour, heard the banks near you are pretty average at the moment.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie